BY JULEP

Who says exfoliation has to be harsh for your skin? This super-soft, all-natural exfoliant is made from the fibrous root of the Asian konjac plant and enriched with skin-clarifying charcoal. Use it everyday morning and night, alone or with your favorite cleanser, to gently remove dry, dead skin. Just rinse with warm water before and after each use. Unlike chemical exfoliators, our konjac sponge is gentle enough to use around the delicate eye area. I use mine in the morning especially over my lips and eyes so that my makeup goes on more smoothly. At night, all my skincare products can penetrate more deeply because I've removed all the dead skin that's piled up during the day, says Jane park, creator/ceo. You can do good for your skin while doing good for the environment because our konjac sponge is 100 percent biodegradable.” Replace every 2-3 months. Please compost. Note: when sponge is dry, simply run under warm water to rehydrate. Suitable for all skin types, even sensitive, acne prone, and dry skin. see more...

• Does this actually work? 1 Answers
  • Do you add facial cleaner to this sponge or just use it f...1 Answers
Nicole R.
Staten Island, NY
Review for: Julep Charcoal Konjac Sponge, Julep Charcoal Konjac Sponge, Julep Charcoal Konjac Sponge more...
I received Julep Charcoal Konjac Sponge in a makeup Advent calendar box. I used it with my facial cleanser in the shower. It’s a lot softer on my skin than I thought! I’m going to keep using it nightly and keep you all updated!
Betsy F.
Tampa, FL
These are the best Konac sponges I've tried (of maybe 3 others) and I like how they Come with the cleanser inside them, but I don't think that is clear enough on the packaging, which is why most people complain of the sponge shrinking in size. I squeezed mine out the first time I tried it, squeezing out all the cleanser in the process but luckily I had multiples. It definitely needs to be more clear on the packaging how to handle since the texture of the stone is so surprising it's hard not to squeeze! This reminds me of those 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioners bc they definitely work and save lots of time but I love my skincare routine and I'm not trying to cut corners. I gave mine to my husband and I would not repurchase for myself but I would order as gifts because it is something everyone should try at least once.
I used this every day when I first got it and I loved it then I started traveling and I did not bring it with me and when I got home it was dried out. Of course, you can wet it again but I feel like it is not the same.  I still love it and use it but I recommend putting it in a air tight bag.
Cora H.
Chaska, MN
I have 2 of these :) one for morning and one for night! Perfect size. Fits right into the palm of my hand. Easy to rinse out. I think they say you should swap out every 3 months, but I swap out every 6-9months :)
April S.
Fort Smith, AR
I tried this out and it wasn't my thing. It is messy and the smell really turned me off. I didn't feel like my face was clean after using and it felt drying. The sponge texture also was not pleasant feeling.
Arielle I.
El Cajon, CA
I love this thing!!! I use it for my whole body and it's great with charcoal mask cleanser to really exfoliate. Love that it has a string so it doesn't slip out of my fingers while I use it.
Becca B.
Salem, OR
I really like this sponge. It's so soft and easy to care for if it gets dried out but it falls apart WAY to easy. I've gotten multiple of them and they've all done it after about a week of using them everyday.
Tara P.
I know it may be too soon to say this, after only using this product for two days but I LOVE THIS! Never used something like this before!
I have been struggling with hormonal acne lately and the use of a heavy textured sponge or grainy exfoliates have been too harsh and damaging. However, I need to exfoliate since I have dry skin and this sponge is soft and gentle, yet does a great job to cleanse and get some flakey, dead skin off. I use it with and without cleanser and prefer both! This has even been gentle enough to use twice a day, and around my eyes after taking mascara off and needed to clear away some lingering color! I am excited to add another Julep product to my daily beauty routine and truly recommend this, especially for natural skin care lovers. P.s I purchased this at Ulta on my own.
Brittany F.
Scottsdale, AZ
I was originally excited to try this product, it seemed unique and useful! Then I opened the package… naturally, I took a whiff immediately after opening when I was trying to determine a scent, and I immediately got light headed due to the overall chemical scent. It doesn’t smell like harsh chemicals but smells chemical for sure. My boyfriend tells me that this smells like urinal cakes, but I can’t verify that. Not pleasant thought, that’s for sure. It also is not exfoliating at all and dries up to a shrively rock when not being used. It honestly feels like a dish sponge on my face. Maybe I could see this for someone with sensitive skin who has a hard time with similar products but otherwise, it's a total miss for me.
Bailey R.
Lincoln, NE
I got this product in a Julep Maven box and I've used it once. I used it after I washed all of the makeup off of my face to exfoliate it. Because it's so soft I didn't think it really did much, but I got up the next day and the skin on my face was very soft. I will definitely continue to use this to exfoliate my face, I really liked it. It comes with a nice little suction cup to hang it up on, which is nice. I don't have to set it down somewhere it can get dirty.
Kristy G.
Greenacres, FL
Do you add facial cleaner to this sponge or just use it for exfolating purposes with no cleanser due to the charcoal? I almost bought this, I wish I did. Going back and grabbing it today
Ashley K.