BY JULEP #13 in Face Oil

A reparative “wonder booster” that leaves all skin types radiant and hydrated. Prevents and repairs the appearance of fine lines and hyperpigmentation while regulating oil production.

Directions: Massage 1-2 drops onto the face after cleansing. Can be used alone, or added to your favorite moisturizer or treatment. Use day or night.

Find out more on Julep.com

• Is this oil really good for any skin type? How does it affect com...1 Answers
  • What's so great about this product?6 Answers
  • Did you notice a difference in your skin?2 Answers
Star S.
Star S.
Long Beach, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
When I received the Posh VoxBox from Influenster I was excited to try out the Julep Boost Your Radiance Reparative Rosehip Seed facial oil. Some say this helped their skin tremendously while others had adverse reactions (breakouts, redness etc.). After using it for over 2 weeks I can say I'm happy with it.

When I was pregnant with my second son my skin underwent a drastic change. I went from super oily to combination to flakey, dry and sensitive. I drank lots of water, tried and slathered on all the lotions and creams but, it was a losing battle.

I gave birth to my third son a few months ago AND I'm currently breastfeeding both babies (23 months and 5 months old). You can probably imagine how moody and hormonal I can get, ha. Slowly but surely my hormones are regulating back to my combination skin (oily t-zone). Not sure if I should be happy about this or what but, I definitely did not enjoy having dry (often itchy!) skin.

PROS :
clean, floral scent
packaging (glass bottle, sturdy dropper, cap seals tightly)
absorbs well
lightweight
moisturizing
multi-purpose use
great for dry skin
a little goes a long way
reasonably priced

CONS :
scented
be wary if you have sensitive skin
may not be for those with very oily skin
not travel friendly

OVERALL :

After washing my face, I apply two drops on my fingertips and dab it along the areas where my skin is dry; usually on my cheeks and jawline. The oil absorbs well and there's no greasy residue. I enjoy the clean, floral scent. It's not overpowering and it doesn't aggravate my allergies.

In the morning my skin feels hydrated and smooth. I haven't noticed any clogged pores or milia which is a fear of mine when trying out any new skin product. It didn't make me breakout either. What I did notice the first couple of times is it made my T-zone and chin extra oily and a bit red. Now I avoid those areas when applying.

As a bonus you can use this oil on your elbows, knees and cuticles. I feel adding a couple drops to my body lotion has really helped with keeping my skin hydrated and "glow-y" all day. Do note there isn't any SPF so you will have to apply sunscreen.

As far as the claims of reducing hyper-pigmentation and fine lines, the jury is still out. I haven't yet noticed a difference in the weeks I've used it. Perhaps it will take a month or so to really make a difference.

•[ I received this complimentary from @influenster for review/testing purposes but, as always, my opinions are my own. ]•
Jillian N.
Jillian N.
Phoenixville, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've tried a few different facial oils from name brands in the past, but haven't noticed much of a difference. That being said I was surprised how much I love the Rosehip Seed Oil from Julep! I used it alone, so no moisturizer after as I tend to get oily skin. I've been using it 1-2x per day for almost a week and my skin is so smooth from it! Like after the first use I noticed a difference! I'm also a fan of the light, fresh scent, not overpowering at all. Visually, I don't see much of a change (scroll through pics for before/after - no filters used on that pic), but I'm interested to compare after another month of using.

Thank you to Influenster and Julep for sending me this complimentary facial oil in exchange for my honest review. I'm so excited to continue using it!
Tina V.
Tina V.
Garden Grove, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Prior to receving this product, I was a bit skeptical of applying oils to my face because I was afraid of break outs. My initial reaction to this product was that I thought the applicator was great for controlling the amount of product needed and the packaging was sleek and that it contained a generous amount of product. After a month of testing out this product everyday I've seen great improvement! My skin definitely looks more healthy, smooth, and glowy. I've been using this product in place of my moisturizer and I have to say i've been loving it. The oil absorbs in my skin quickly which I like. I will continue to use this new found holy grail, and will re-purchase this item soon. I received this product complimentary for testing purposes, but all opinions are my own. Julep Boost Your Radiance Reparative Rosehip Seed Facial Oil
Izzy G.
Izzy G.
BLOOMINGTON, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Great Skin here I come !I received this PHENOMENAL oil from Influenster and Julep to review, and I'm so glad I did! I've been using Julep'so Boost Your Radiance for a week and already see a difference. My brow bone and under eyes areas are extremely dry, which leads to dullness. With my problem areas, it brought hydration for hours. Which is a lot to be said because normal eye lotions absorb within 45minutes. I put this oil on all over my face (even on my oily chin&forehead), with makeup application and before going to bed. It doesn't feel heavy at all and has genuinely brightened my skin, especially noticeable around the eyes. The smell is also amazing and relaxing. After putting it on the first night I yelled at my husband, "BABE, come smell my face!!". He looked at me skeptically as if it was a trap but walked over and did it anyways and agreed the smell was great!(LOL) I will definitely be buying once my first bottle runs out! Thanks again Influenster
Syeda I.
Syeda I.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have been trying the Julep Boost Your Radiance oil for a week now and this product is wonderful. I am an extremely oily/acne prone girl with many skin problems and I was afraid of trying this at first since I have sensitive skin so I didn't want to deal with the whole breakout situation but I decided to man up and try it and I am very happy! This left my skin a soft, radiant, natural glow instantly, the kind of glow that a highlighter would give! I always stay away from facial oils because I am already oily but I am amazed by how well this is. I was not oily at all, my face did not feel icky nor did I feel the need to wash it off asap. Now, one thing I would say is that make sure you don't add too many drops, do just as the bottle says because you really do need just 1-2 drops for entire face, at first I thought 2 drops wouldn't be enough for my huge face but I am actually surprised by how much it covered my entire face so make sure not to extend the amount otherwise you might feel oily. With only 2 drops, you get enough product to last you few months which is great. Throughout the entire day, I felt hydrated and moisturized without feeling greasy, I noticed that it also does the job a moisturizer would do even though it is like a serum but typically serums dry down to face while this product continues to deliver the moisture my face needs. I definitely recommend this product and I look forward to buying this once I run out of this. I received this product free/complimentary for testing purposes, but all opinions are my own.
Jennifer R.
Jennifer R.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've been using the Boost Your Radiance Rosehip Seed Facial Oil for about 2 weeks now and I love it! I have combination/acne prone skin and it has not broken me out at all. I feel like it's actually balanced out my skin! My skin looks radiant and smooth and I've actually gotten a couple compliments on my skin! A little goes a long way, I only use 2 drops twice a day, so the bottle will last a long time. I've used other oils in the past that i couldn't use in the morning because they would sit on top of the skin and make it look greasy, but this one soaks in completely and works great under makeup! After reading other reviews, I'm going to try mixing it in with my foundation as well. I personally love the herbal scent of this, but I can see how some people might be turned off by it. I will definitely been purchasing another bottle! Love it!
*I received this product complimentary for testing purposes, but all opinions are my own.*
Alexis U.
Alexis U.
Bellerose, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Omg can I say how happy I was to receive a new oil to try out! Couldn't be any happier when Influenster sent me my box and this was it it. I've been testing it out for about a week now and I'm loving how bright and vibrant my face looks! It does exactly as it's told. I love the smell and how light weight it is great for summer. It also isn't too oily since I have acne prone skin it actually helps my pimples go down. Love this product!

I clean my face with my face wash, pay it dry with paper towel, then I put about 5 drops in the palm of my hand and rub it together so the warmth of my hand melts it, then I pat it on my face for even distribution, then finish it off with my moisturizer and I'm all done! #poshvoxbox #voxbox #influenster
Pamela M.
Pamela M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
As a Maven, I was introduced to this product through the Julep Beauty Box. I have normal to dry skin with uneven skin tone and some hyperpigmentation. I didn't take to it immediately, but once I decided to use it consistently, I learned how well it works for me. I was amazed by how 2 drops in the morning and at night helped me stay moisturized throughout the day. It also helped with the redness I get around my nose. Overall, it worked great - for the texture and to even out my skin. It absorbs quickly and the light scent is quite pleasing. It doesn't feel greasy and I don't need to add moisturizer on top of it. Also, I noticed that my makeup goes on much better, taking into account that it is currently the summer months. Love this!
April M.
April M.
West Islip, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I fell in love with this product when I first received it in my posh box. I tend to have problematic skin and sometimes my skin just doesn't take to anything but the first time I used it (at night before bed) I woke up with baby soft skin. I loved it instantly and have been using it since. I made my mother and sister also try it and they have bought their own bottles. The scent is also very refreshing. Don't be afraid of using this on oily skin. It will help balance everything out. I highly recommend this. Julep Boost Your Radiance Reparative Rosehip Seed Facial Oil
Ryanne G.
Ryanne G.
Riverdale, UT
Beauty Junkie Expert
OMG!!! I am seriously SO OBSESSED with this stuff! I have dry skin so trying to find products that actually moisturize my skin can be tough. Well, I must say I am BLOWN AWAY with this product! I've been using it morning and night and I've noticed a HUGE difference in my skin. My skin feels soft and hydrated. The product absorbs into the skin quickly and doesn't sit on top of the skin like some oils can. I can truly feel the hydration when I wake up after using this product. My skin looks great too! I feel like my skin has a beautiful, healthy, natural glow to it. I'm extremely impressed with this amazing product! Julep really nailed this! *I received this product complimentary for reviewing purposes.
Aarika C.
Aarika C.
Wood Ridge, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's so great about this product?
Elsa W.
Elsa W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Did you notice a difference in your skin?
anketa k.
anketa k.
i want to try this facial oil......how am i suppose to get it....???  please help
Melissa T.
Melissa T.
Greensboro, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have very oily skin, how would this work for me?
Torie P.
Torie P.
Tifton, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
How long before you noticed a better glow?