Julep Black Canvas Mattifying Primer uploaded by Jennifer T.

BY JULEP

What it is: A lightweight primer that creates a smooth, even canvas for makeup that lasts all day as it absorbs excess oil without leaving the skin feeling dry. What it does: It's formulated with 18 fruit and plant extracts which provide long-term nourishing benefits, while mattifying agents minimize the appearance of pores and imperfections. Research results: In a consumer study of 21 women after one use:- 100% said it blurred imperfections and the appearance of pores- 100% said makeup stayed on for eight or more hours- 85% said the primer prevented their makeup from creasing. How to use: Apply a pea-sized amount evenly over clean skin with your fingers. Wait a few seconds before applying makeup, or wear alone. It can be used daily. Style Name: Julep Black Canvas Mattifying Primer. Style Number: 5539242. Available in stores.

Buy on Nordstrom*
  • "it's really good with pores and works really good for all skin types esp for oily skin like me! it hides my gigantic pores like magic. it also keeps make up on for a long time. price is amazing as well! it's a thumbs up!" in 7 reviews
Jennifer T.
Hinesville, GA
Julep Black Canvas Mattifying Primer

I just discovered this product recently.

This is the best primer I have found for hot southern weather! (It gets so hot that parts of your face sweat off makeup/get shiny etc).

This stuff absorbs oil, keeps your skin matte, smooth, and keeps your makeup in place all day. It says it is a treatment primer and it has 18 Plant & Fruit Extracts which provide long-term nourishing!and brightening benefits. It’s also non-comedogenic & won’t clog pores, as well as seems to make pores disappear.

This primer is more like a lotion rather than a gel. It has a nice scent to it. It goes on a little gooey at first, then sinks in/melds into a nice smooth matte finish, blurring pores and imperfections and making your skin overall matte/not shiny.

This primer is not tinted or colored, but the coverage is enough for say...a beach day or the gym if you still want to have a bit of a nicer skin look without doing makeup lol.

I actually use this as my daily primer before foundation etc. My makeup applies and blends so flawlessly and stays on all day with this stuff! My skin looks so smooth and matte and my makeup doesn’t wear off or look patchy later in the day or on hot days.

I’m 34 and have worry of signs of aging such as visible pores, slight wrinkles, fine lines, skin looking too dry and ruddy or unevenly toned, or too shiny/oily with the wrong product. Also having acne breakouts randomly is a concern regarding which products I should use. Some primers definitely clog pores or cause oil and pimples after use. This primer doesn’t do that.

whenever I’ve used this primer, I always receive compliments on how young I look/how great my skin looks. Some people will even ask what I have on my face because they think it looks nice.

After finding this primer, I can’t imagine not having this product to use every day! I’d definitely recommend anyone try this if you have combination or oily skin. I’ll continue to buy this product and if they were ever doing a giveaway I’d definitely enter for it! It’s not the most expensive primer but a bit on the upper price range. Not to be confused with the illuminating version of the same primer product lol.
Hannah T.
clear lake
This product is good. I have oily skin. When I use this my skin doesn’t get oily too quickly. I find when you compare this to the Makeup Forever one, the julep primer seems more hydrating yet mattifying while Makeup forever is a lot more drying. I find my foundations (liquid and stick) to blend just fine on top of this julep product.
Laura S.
Dayton, NV
This was literally one of the first primers I ever tried. It came in my Julep box and I was so confused by what to do with it. Once I figured it out and was able to correctly use the product, it was really nice. It has a velvety texture to it and it made my skin feel very soft. It definitely helped with my make up application.
Selu A.
Acworth, GA
I used julep products back when they were a subscription service only...this product is great and definitely hides pores and holds up for long days. It’s so smooth, a bit thick, but creamy. Definitely recommend.
Alexis M.
Shade, OH
I have oily skin and I love this primer, it leaves my skin looking great and not oily all day. It fills in my fine lines and pores and just makes my makeup look flawless
Jessica H.
Louisville
Best primer I have used so far. Once it dries after application, it feels like a fine powder. It keeps my oily face under control and keeps my makeup in place all day. I will keep using this for sure!
Brittany C.
Pasadena, TX
I really enjoy using primers more these days and this primer is no exception. It does a great job of making your skin have a matte appearance so that way your makeup goes on nice and even
Rebecca c.
Kissimmee, FL
I have heard this primer is great for combination skin, which is what I have. I'd love to give it a try and see for myself. I'm interested to see if it works as well as I hear. The price seems reasonable as well which is great!
Alyssa S.
Knightstown, IN
My skin is not oily, but this is an absolutely great primer anyway. It left my skin a beautiful finish all day long and it wore so gracefully. I wouldn’t recommend if you have extremely oily skin, but anything else.
Kelsey K.
This primer has a very light feel to it, almost lighter than air. Makeup goes on smoothly and performs way better for way longer after using this primer. I got a smaller size in Julep’s Maven box and it lasted me almost a year!
Hanane k.
i see no reviews is it good ?
Kat J.
San Antonio, TX
Did anybody else notice that the name on the tube and the name Influenster put for this product don’t match.....?
Emma P.
Is it good for all skin types?
Ashley A.
Raymore
What does a mattifying primer do?
Melissa S.
I love other Julep products. If anyone has tried this yet (no reviews currently posted) does it really keep the face matte?