BY JULEP #9 in Subscription Boxes

Beauty at Your Doorstep! Enjoy a customizable Julep Beauty Box subscription that lets you choose full-size beauty and polish from brand-new collections every month. see more...

zaneta o.
Fresh Meadows, NY
I signed up for Julep's beauty box recently and was pleasantly surprised it's not all about nail polish. You can also select from a number of Korean beauty skin care products as well as makeup. The items are full sized which is why this box costs a bit more than other boxes that run $10 on average for sample sized products.

I got a really good deal on my first box. It was free, I only had to pay $3.99 shipping and I received three products for $24.99 but no cost after I used the code "JUST4YOU". I selected a full sized eye shadow duo, an a cleanser stick that won the Allure awards and a konjac sponge. Can never have too many konjac sponges!

In hindsight if I didn't get the box for free it wouldn't have been the best deal and I'll tell you why. 1. I can get konjac sponges for much cheaper elsewhere especially if you buy them in a set for bulk discount in places like Amazon. 2. I found the eye shadow that I had just ordered selling for much before their retail price on ebay probably by others who received it in their box and didn't like it. and 3. The same goes for the cleanser stick.

When you think about it there's really nothing stopping you from going out and buying the full sized products on your own. The only saving grace here is that it's a customizable box whereas some others out there arent. While they give a discount off of their retail prices it's still not the best price out there competitively so it's pretty pointless. I am going to cancel. The products are good quality but I just don't see the need for having a box subscription.
Karlie K.
Louisville
This review is in reference to the Julep No Excuses Invisible Sunscreen Gel SPF 40. I’m shocked I couldn’t find this on the app! It’s such a great sunscreen and perfect under makeup! I first received this in my Julep Maven subscription box along with other products so the price is unbelievable for what this is. It’s a gel that contains a bit of a sheen or iridescence but once it’s applied to skin, it’s quite nice. I use mineral makeup for daily wear and it sits nicely underneath and the iridescence acts as a subtle under glow or highlight. I love this and look forward to adding this to my next Julep box!Julep Beauty Box
Jan a.
I had this subscription for almost a year, is a great subscription. This box can be truly customized from the products they have in campaign which are a lot you can mix or choose from nail polish, skin care, makeup. Is a great option. When I subscribe they send me a box with their make up products for free, this box arrived before my first nail polish box. They also give you the option to hold your subscription for a few months. I did hold my subscription because my storage quickly became full of nail-polish. Costumer service on the phone are nice and helpful. I stop my subscription cause I wanted to try other subscriptions. Their nail polish quality is excellent. Maybe I will resubscribe latter, highly recommended for nail polish lovers.
Brook H.
Carthage , MS
This was an amazing subscription beauty box that I looked forward to getting every single month. First, you go to their site and take a quiz. This helps them get to know you better and allows the to curate a box just for you that you’re sure to love. I loved all of mine! Anyways, they will send you some amazing products such as nail polish...which is now my absolute polish on the planet, skin care, and wonderfully made makeup. They have two different boxes to choose from and both are wonderful! Box one, you get $40 worth of products for $24.99 or $19.99 for a 3mo subscription. Box 2, you get $60 worth of awesome products for only $39.99 or $34.99 for 3mo. You can change your subscription, send it to a friend, skip a month, or cancel at any time. Great options and trust me...the products are of super high quality, so the price is worth it! I highly recommend this to anyone looking for the most amazing, high quality, nail polish, skin products, and makeup!Julep Color Treat Liquid Holographic Nail Polish is THE best ever and I truly mean that.
VCAS710 R.
Although I liked the gel eye liner the most. I didn't feel it was worth the money a month. It was $39.98 a month when I did it. Now it is a 2 month subscription for $39.98,4 boxes $79.96, 6 boxes $119.94 for a Julep Maven subscription box.
You can choose to deny that month if you don't like the box or add a product and pay more for something else that you did like. The nail lacquer that I received for July (my bday month) was gorgeous I'd say about half of the ones I was sent I didn't like. If you are a Maven you get 20% off their store +free shipping, if not you can still shop their store including what was in their past boxes. I believe they have you choose what is "your style". They include,"Boho Glam" "Classic with a Twist" "Bombshell" and "It Girl". They have matte,shiny,sparkle,etc. There's also a section where you can see what they included in their past collections and boxes. It's a cool gift but not as much as I'd like for the prices for me to keep a subscription.
Alex M.
I have been a maven for years! The colors are great and I love many of the nail care products. Some of the makeup and skin care products haven’t been my favorite so honestly I tend to stay away from those. But I love that you can try out new things - polish, cuticle care, tools, lotion, makeup, skin care - julep has a little of everything. I also love that you can skip months if needed or switch in and out products depending on what interests you that month.
Meagan G.
Fremont
For $25 dollars I’d rather go out and chose my own products from a department store. I’ve not really seen the quality difference between a Julep nail polish and others in my collection, so getting three for $25 isn’t really a good deal. However you can edit your box but if you want two makeup products you’re cut off and will not receive the third item because the value is too great. I suggest looking elsewhere for a beauty box unless you like nail polish.
Janet B.
Boothbay Hbr, ME
I love my monthly Julep Box 💕! I receive full sized products that I am able to choose from a wide variety of options myself. I am never unsatisfied with the quality of the Julep Beauty products. The value of this beauty box far surpasses the cost. I subscribe to a few different boxes and this is by far my favorite.
Brittany S.
I've gotten this box a few times over the year with a promo code so basically my first box was free just paid shipping. It was worth it bc I got three full size Products and it was a mixture of skincare and makeup. I didn't keep the subscription bc I get so many other boxes and it was just a little to much to keep going with the box. I cancelled with no problem and just getting the first box for free was very worth it to me.
Koey B.
Bradenton
I was subscribed to Julep for a few months in 2017.  I was hopeful, but found the boxes to be a bit dull and limiting.  The few brushes that I did get from Julep are quite nice and I enjoy them.  However I continued to get nail polishes, which I do not (and cannot due to my jobs) really use.  Since they counted as 1 of the just 3 items we received each month, it was disappointing to me.
Michaela W.
What kind of items do you receive in this box?
Alysa P.
I just subscribed to this beauty box. What should I expect? Does shipment take long? Are the products worth it?
Cynthia Y.
newmarket , ON
is this better than birch box?
Jamie C.
Oklahoma City, OK
Why do you love this beauty box vs others? I'm thinking about getting this one, and was curious about what others think.
Jennifer E.
St Johnsbury, VT
Can someone tell me how this sub works? Is it only nail polish? Tools or makeup. Last question has anyone ever heard of beautyboxfive it's the best for a variety of products!