BY JUICE BEAUTY

Lightweight, primer formulated without silicones and with rich coconut alkanes in an antioxidant-rich, organic base of botanical juices infused with an age-defying serum to illuminate skin, smooth the appearance of lines & wrinkles and blur imperfections for a flawless complexion and naturally beautiful radiance.

• Does this primer work well if you have large pores? I hav...1 Answers
  • Does it have a scent like many other juice beauty products? 2 Answers
  • Does this primer hydrate dry patches??? And it's illumina...1 Answers
Juice Beauty® PHYTO-PIGMENTS Illuminating Primer
  • "this primer worked very well with my skin type (dry) and foundation (light coverage custom made by an online company). it makes me a little too dewy for my taste, but setting with powder or using a matte foundation tones the shine down." in 8 reviews
Christine N.
There was so much hype about this product that I was expecting more. I think for what it is (an illuminating primer that is green and clean), it is a good product. It gives a non-glittery subtle illuminating effect and is easy to apply. It gives your face a lovely radiance without emphasizing texture. I tried using on its own without a foundation to see if I could get away with using on its own and you definitely can or just with some concealer.

I’m only giving three stars though because it is a bit drying and was slightly irritating on my skin. There is silica and witch hazel in this and you can feel it tightening up on your face like a mask. Afterwards, my face felt even itchy a bit and I found myself scratching the side of my temple which I never do. It may be that I was slightly allergic to one of the all natural ingredients in this like I am to pollen. It also clogged my pores and made me break out a little. There are too many oils in this for it to work for acne-prone skin. It disappointingly reminded me of all the other Juice Beauty skincare and the reaction and clogged pores I get from them.

So yes, this is a nice and clean product, and it is subtly illuminating without emphasizing skin texture, but I will only be able to use during the Summer as a mixer for cream blushes.
Elizabeth R.
Allegan, MI
This is definitely a unique primer. It feels really cooling and hydrating on the skin. I would say it’s best suited for dry to normal skin types. IT doesn’t necessarily have that dimethicone slippery feeling to it that would fill in pores and fine lines. It has more of a moisturizer consistency to it. It’s designed to really give you a glowy hydrated look.
Katy S.
Cedar Rapids
This primer smells amazing, and looks great on the skin, however, it doesn't prolong my look. Also, it doesn't work with any foundation well, and makes my foundation not dry down properly...including the Juice Beauty foundation.
Vanessa M.
Lakeland, FL
All the stars for this product!!! I have always struggled with a primer due to naturally having oily skin. This product truly does illuminate your skin and feels like it balances everything out. I also feel like this product protects my face from my makeup. It’s as if it gives me an extra layer of skin. My face always feels soft after removing my makeup. I will continue to use this product for many years to come and encourage you to try it too!!
Taylor H.
Toledo, OH
I received this in a Beautyfix box and thought it was okay, however I found myself using the Loreal Lumi primer over this as it has a more tacky feel and more brightening effects.  Overall, I probably wouldn't purchase these primer and would rather try the Becca version or continue to use the drug store version as I found it superior.  Not a bad product, just did not do a whole lot.
Christi M.
I have a DRAWER of primers. Once I tried this primer, I haven't used any of my other ones in my collection and I've repurchased twice! Gives a healthy glow to the skin, but not oily or shimmery. Brightens, blurs and smoothes without the use of silicones that can suffocate the pores or cause breakouts. Love that it sinks into the skin so easily and beautifully! Must have!
Lauren T.
Warwick, RI
Holy grail primer. Only one I like that doesn't feel greasy and doesn't make me break out. The silicone based ones are horrible on my sensitive skin. I've never had an issue with this.
Holly N.
Little Rock, AR
It's a color toned illuminating primer. It smells like chemicals and it has a dabber like the tarte foundation. It's a very light weight cream. It is supposed to plump out wrinkles and blur imperfections. I really don't have those issues, but a little goes a long way. It's okay. Maybe if I had the issues and it hid it, then I would give higher rating.
Leslie B.
Owasso, OK
This is one of the few primers I really love! This Juice Beauty Illumiunating primer doesn't leave me looking matte, but gives me a dewy radiant finish, which is what I prefer over a matte look. I would recomend this primer even though it's a little pricey, it's worth it if you don't want a matte look.
Maria
This primer worked very well with my skin type (dry) and foundation (light coverage custom made by an online company). It makes me a little too dewy for my taste, but setting with powder or using a matte foundation tones the shine down.
Alicia W.
Does it have a scent like many other juice beauty products?
Rebecca N.
Cumming, GA
Is this more like a BB cream? One of the reviews said it had foundation in it, so I was just wondering? Also, is it good for acne prone skin?
Anna M.
Waco, TX
Does this allow your makeup to stay on all day?
Alicia W.
Does this primer work well if you have large pores? I have been having a hard time finding a primer that helps conceal my pores before applying foundation. I know I'll have this primer in one of my beauty boxes this month and I'm hoping it works 🙏🏼
Elizabeth T.
Bixby, OK
Do illuminating primers make your makeup stick the same as regular? I feel like the extra shine might make skin more slick or moisturized and thus might not have the same staying power. Curious as I'm receiving a sample soon. Thanks!