J.R. Watkins Petro-Carbo Salve uploaded by Kathryn B.

BY J.R. WATKINS

Medicated First Aid Salve Pain Relieving Salve With All-Natural Spruce Oil For Minor Burns, Minor Cuts, Insect Bites, Minor Skin Irritations, Scrapes Non-Drying Formula Helps To Prevent And Temporarily Protects Against: Chaffing Chapping Cracking Windburn Made In U.S.A. see more...

• What is the use of this? 3 Answers
  • I really liked reading the reviews for this product. Wher...4 Answers
april n.
Forest Lake, MN
This is seriously my life saver! I use it on EVERYTHING! Ever since I was little and my grandma showed me it. Ive always had some sort of infection in my thumb that usually comes & goes.. but when I put this on it, it completely disappeared. I also use it on things like cuts and my dry elbows & knees & it works amazing. It clears it up after just a few times of continued use. I love it! And I’m so happy to have found it again!
Heather B.
This has been one of those things that is always in the medicine cabinet since I was a child. Petro-Carbo Salve is something we've used in my family for everything from bug bites to cuts and bruises. Now, about five years ago, I went through a 'this has to just be a placebo effect, right?' So because I am super-tasty to mosquitoes, I did a test. One I put petro-carbo on and drew a circle around, and one I used calamine, and one I did nothing. The petro-carbo bite was gone he fastest of the three. So yes, I find that it works and works well.,
LisaAnn Y.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I have been using this salve, which my family calls "Myron's Magic Salve" because we bought it from a Watkin's man named Myron in the 1980's for decades now! There is nothing that works as good as it does on all sorts of skin issues, especially cuts, scrapes and abrasions!!! Seriously, way better than the triple antibiotic ointment that most everyone uses. It is very thick and you only need a small bit to cover your wound. It soaks in and heals it faster than anything else. LOVE it and will always keep it on hand!
Kathryn B.
Universal City, TX
Wellness Guru Expert Level 4
We also have kept this alive, my grandmother would always have this at her home, and every summer it would come in handy for mosquito bits, cuts and scrapes, I know buy it for my own family and use it for everything, it can be a little pricey but it is worth buying. Its been around for years , such a great company.
Shawna D.
Ah man my childhood! Growing up I would put this stuff on all my cuts and bruises. We had a bunch of Watkins stuff in my house. I'm pretty sure I owe the fact that i don't have some crazy wicked scars to petro carbo. I also used the menthol rub which is way better than Vicks.
Joanne K.
Saginaw, MN
This salve was passed down our family and was especially important at the family cabin. Once applied, the sores, cuts and/or scrapes heal quickly; within the next 24 hours! Our dog had a cut and it even helped him heal quickly!
Vii L.
Omg this stuff here is pure magic it works wonders and will help a wound or cut heel in no time at all with no visible scaring left behind.. in expensive and a little does along way this one can will last you forever!!
Rabecca H.
New Richmond, WI
This is the BEST product for sliver removal, topical burns (to prevent blistering) rashes, bee stings.... you name it. A MUST have for any first aid kit. Or diaper bag. Or purse. Pretty much don't leave home without this.
Angela M.
Galien, MI
Another Watkins product I love from childhood, now being used in my house. We use it in dry hands, mild burns, bug bites, and even pimples. It's a go to first aid product at our house.
Briana M.
N Huntingdon, PA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 4
When I was little my mom would use this to remove any splinters we got! It is also good for burns depending on how bad they are. I'm sure there are many uses I don't know of also.
jami g.
Grants Pass, OR
I really liked reading the reviews for this product. Where can I buy it?
Anche M.
Bowling Green, KY
What is the use of this?

Walmart