Jouer jouer Anti-Blemish Matte Primer, 1 oz uploaded by Heather L.

BY JOUER COSMETICS

This oil free mattifying anti-blemish primer, formulated with Salicylic Acid, penetrates into skin to help treat existing blemishes, prevent development of new acne, and minimize the appearance of pores. Aloe, Vitamin E, Ginseng and; Gingko Biloba Extract help calm redness and reduce inflammation, promoting a shine-free, even complexion. Anti-Blemish Matte Primer see more...

• My acne is terrible and my make up doesn't seem to cover ...1 Answers
  • Does it really works?? I have really OILY SKIN and I try ...1 Answers
  • Is it worth the money? College student here..1 Answers
Buy on Amazon
  • "this primer has gorgeous effects but make sure you only use it if you are oily. if not is will dry you out and cause your foundation to pick up on your dry patches." in 13 reviews
  • "my favorite primer for acne prone skin! goes on light like a moisturizer and keeps your makeup in place while fighting acne. active ingredient is salicylic acid so if your skin is sensitive to that this is not for you!" in 6 reviews
Esther R.
Oak Park, MI
This is an amazing primer for combo oily skin. It's a light creamy texture, blends and absorbs beautifully and leaves the skin matte. There is a slight scent that dissipates quickly and a little goes a long way. It works well with any foundation I have used it with.
The key ingredients are:
Salicylic Acid: penetrates surface of skin to prevent and treat acne-causing bacteriaGinseng and Gingko Biloba Extract: imparts a healthy, youthful-looking complexion; repels free radicalsVitamin E: calms redness and reduces inflammation; promotes and maintains healthy skin activity
Alison G.
Manchester, CT
i bought this off of Amazon to save a few bucks and I love it! My favorite Youtuber loves this stuff and so I decided to try it and it really does help with acne and it smells clean. I wish it wasn't so expensive or I would have a whole army of these. The only thing I would say though is that it's really not matte, it controls a little bit of oil but if ur skin is very oily it won't help with that.
Krystle K.
Sewell, NJ
I love how this is medicated...and i especially love that its creamy instead of that silicone base. Im oily/acne prone so the silicone based primers do not work for me at all. This leaves the skin feeling a bit tacky which i love because i feel like its helping the rest of my makeup sty on. The only drawbacks are that its a small tube and that i dont love the smell.
Heather L.
This primer is great for anyone who suffers from acne or has some inflammation. The active ingredient is 1% salicylic acid to help combat blemishes and contains moisturizing ingredients to help calm and reduce redness such as Aloe, vitamin E etc. The texture of this is not like other primers with a silicon texture; I would describe it more as a gel-like or even as a light moisturizer/ lotion. My skin is normal to oily during the warmer months and normal to dry in the winter. During the warmer months I find that after 5 hours you will have to blot - in the colder months it gives me a dewy glow. I don't believe that this product can dry you out at all - unless you have very very dry sensitive skin. In which case you probably shouldn't be using this primer. I would opt for the anti-aging moisture primer from Jouer and spot treat the blemish under the your regular moisturizer then add on the primer.
Cassie C.
I really wanted to love this primer. I love Jouer Cosmetics. I follow the company and the owner, Christina Zilber, on all their social media accounts. I trust everything Christina says about skincare and makeup. I really believe this primer does an excellent job as far as fighting acne. However, I finally had to stop using it as a primer because it made my face look like an oil slick within two hours of using it! I have read all these 4- and 5-star reviews, and I just wonder what I am doing wrong. Did I just get a bad batch? Am I using too much? Is my skin just too oily? It's very frustrating! I decided to just use this product in the evening as part of my nightly skincare routine since it has salicylic acid and helps fight acne. It seems to be working so far. I will continue to use it like this until I run out. I will not repurchase it.
Heidy M.
I absolutely love this product! Let's start with the scent! It's light and refreshing. When you put it on your skin instantly feels fresh and MOISTURIZED! It spreads our very easily and when dry your pores are really less noticeable. My makeup stays in place a lot longer when I use this primer. As soon as I'm done with this tube I'm buying another!!
Beatrice P.
Mamaroneck, NY
I am so glad to have found this primer! It keeps my makeup on all day, keeps my face from getting shiny, and as someone who suffers from breakouts (particularly when wearing heavier makeup) I feel like the salicylic acid in this neutralizes the pore-clogging ingredients of many foundations. It has a cool gel-like consistency, and feels a bit tacky as you spread it onto the skin. Will definitely keep repurchasing this one.
Samantha G.
Bradenton, FL
This is one of my absolute favorite primers. I have very sensitive skin, so not only does this not irritate my skin, but it keeps all the other products I'm using from irritating my face. It has a lotion like consistency and goes on very smoothly. Does not leave any oily residue or cause my fave to become more oily at any point of use. This is one of my holy grail primers!
Elia M.
I was sceptical at first, because I have super oily skin and I have tried everything... and nothing really works for me... However, this primer is awesome! It definitely keeps oil at bay and is an awesome primer! I especially love that it is thin and lightweight.
Kerry G.
Wilmington, DE
My favorite primer for acne prone skin! Goes on light like a moisturizer and keeps your makeup in place while fighting acne. Active ingredient is salicylic acid so if your skin is sensitive to that this is not for you!
Breezy C.
Will this primer dry out my skin and is it silicone based?
Kellie W.
Northern Ireland
I have combination skin and am acne prone. I'm scared this will dry out my skin, also is it a gimmick or have you seen real improvements in your skin by using this as a base? Does the primer stay in place? x It's a lot of money so I want to make sure the hype is real x
Nanny G.
Does it really works?? I have really OILY SKIN and I try everything, and only a really expensive matte primer has work for me, I want to know if this one works and really keeps your skin matte.
Maddie A.
Cedar Park, TX
I had some redness in my face. Would you recommend this product for that? Where can you purchase and what is the price range? Tell me how you feel about it!
Marissa K.
Tampa, FL
Is it worth the money? College student here..