BY JOSIE MARAN #71 in Facial Moisturizers

Buy now on Sephora
and get 4.0% CASH BACK with
powered by

A lightweight, translucent, natural, chemical free sunscreen formulated with SunBoost ATB™—a unique blend of antioxidants, skin-soothers, and hydrators—and skin-loving ingredients like Pure Argan Oil, Jojoba Oil and Green Tea boost sun protection while conditioning and nourishing the skin.

Zinc Oxide 6.4%, Titanium Dioxide 5.1%.

INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Water)**, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride**, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate**, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil**, Glycerin**, Cera Alba (Beeswax)*, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Phenoxyethanol, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Methicone, Alumina, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Chloride**, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Parfum (Fragrance)**, Bisabolol, Dimethicone, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Laureth-12, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract*, Citric Acid**, Potassium Sorbate**, Sodium Benzoate**.

*ORGANIC
**NATURAL

Buy on Sephora
Mina C.
I always would forget putting a SPF on my face. Now that I'm in my 30's I am more aware just how much my skin needs it. My issue was always that a decent moisturizer with SPF were uncomfortable. They felt thick, greasy, caused breakouts & sensitivity, and always felt like it was sitting on top of my skin. This Josie Maran Daily Moisturizer with SPF 47 came in a cleansing set. It has quickly become a staple in my skincare. Like all other Josie Maran products, it has argan oil, as well as other beneficial natural ingredients. Not harsh chemicals like most SPF moisturizers. With an SPF of 47, it has the highest face sun protection that I've seen. It is a thicker consistency since it does have sun protection. However, the natural ingredients allow it to absorb into the skin. So after a minute or so it feels lightweight. Though it comes out a white cream, like all SPF I've tried, it looks like a normal moisturizer once it's blended into your skin. The oils are truly hydrating, but not greasy. Again, right when you apply it, it will seem like it'll be greasy, but within a minute or so it'll feel lightweight. There are many pros to this product. It allows you to protect your skin and moisturize without layering multiple products. The fact it does both without harmful chemicals is something I look for in skincare products. I have sensitive skin, and haven't experienced any sensitivity with it. For daily use, I massage this into my face & neck right after cleansing my face, and allow it to absorb a few minutes before moving on to makeup. As far as photo flashback you get with other SPF products, I haven't experienced that with this moisturizer. That's not to say it definitely won't, but I personally haven't had an issue with that. I would recommend this to anyone. Even if you're in your early 20's and think you're too young to be worried about the effects of the sun. Trust me, you should be applying SPF. If you're trying to tan your skin, you should still have on some level of SPF!
Logan S.
Toledo
This is my favorite SPF moisturizer and I have tried a lot.

For starters the smell is actually enjoyable and has no hint of sunscreen one bit. At 47 SPF it’s much higher than the dermatologist recommendation of 30. It also makes my skin feel so silky smooth. Some moisturizers with SPF can make me greasy and leave lots of piling. Not this one. It sinks right into my skin and feels so natural. In regards to oiliness, I do have more oily skin and I use a moisturizer under this and yet it leaves me matte.

When I apply it, it leaves a little bit of a white cast but once you blend it out/let it sink in it goes away.

It’s $32 for a 2oz bottle which I think is an average price for SPF moisturizer. A little goes a long way and this lasts forever. I can’t wait to try the tinted one next!!
Stephanie F.
I really wanted to have this moisturizer be my new go-to. I typically use Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer with spf but wanted something that didn't add the color if I wanted to go light with my makeup, and this one smells so nice.

After doing some research I went for this because of the 6% zinc oxide and 5% titanium dioxide which is supposed to be a much better spf on your skin and more natural. Unfortunately after 2 weeks of use, I had a skin reaction to this which ended up as small raised bumps on the surface of my face. I have never had a reaction like this before so it was pretty alarming, but after I stopped using the moisturizer my skin went back to normal after another week.
Holly C.
I just started using this after I added a retinol to my skincare routine. I have oily skin so I was afraid it would enhance that especially in the warmer weather but it soaks into the skin nicely and doesn't leave any residue. A little goes a long way! Two small beads of this product covers my entire face and neck. I'm actually considering trying to use it on my chest and shoulders as well when it's warmer and clothes aren't covering as much skin. I have a reaction to some sunscreens so this might work out better in the areas that are prone to breakouts.
Maha S.
Aspen Hill
This is a really good product. I have very dry skin and I always have problems finding a sunscreen that works for me. When I changed my usual foundation to a matte finish one for summer I ended up with very dry skin. I tried with 4 different sunscreens and ended up picking this one. It's very hydrating and goes on smooth. The best part is that it's just what I needed to avoid my skin getting dry due to the foundation. I also recommend it for winter since your skin is definitely going to absorb it anyways. Great product!
Elizabeth E.
Tempe, AZ
I have tried both the regular and the tinted and like them both. I prefer the tinted one more just because I like how it evens out my skin tone. This product has a nice smell (not like a typical sunscreen smell) kinda smells like taffy ? Works very well at protecting my face. It also gives a very nice glow to the skin but isn’t oily. The only complaint I have is that it’s very thick and tacky so it’s hard to rub in. But once rubbed in you can’t feel it at all and it just absorbs Into the skin.
Miriam G.
Phoenix, AZ
I live in Arizona where the standard SPF 15 moisturizer won't do. This is the perfect combination of sun protection and skincare. It's not greasy, doesn't leave a chalky cast on the skin, and is the perfect primer for makeup. Even without makeup, it seems to have a blurring effect on the skin. I also love that it's a physical sunscreen; I don't have sensitive skin, but chemical sunscreens do tend to irritate me. Not this one! I rotate through a lot of beauty and skincare products, but I have used this consistently for several years.
Cara C.
Boise
I use the “protect and perfect” tinted version as my daily moisturizer. I feel that it is really shielding my face from sun and dehydration hazards. It does feel a bit greasy at times, but I have started using a light dusting of the Josie maran illuminating veil, which has a nice glow and kinda provides a matte finish. The color can be a little orange if I am especially pale, but generally it just warms up and evens out my skin. It provides a light coverage, so I sometimes wear concealer on top.
Kennedy A.
isla vista
Great product. Great price. Works for men and women. I got this for my boyfriend who is very fair and gets easily burnt. I wanted him to have a moisturizer that he could use daily that would also function as a facial sunscreen. This was recommended by a Sephora employee and it’s been perfect. My boyfriend loves it. Before this he had been using regular facial SPFs and he hated the smell and the look they had on his face, but this has been revolutionary for him. There is no sunscreen scent, and despite the fact that it comes out looking like sunscreen it doesn’t look bad on the skin whatsoever. I would highly recommend to men and women alike.
Renee G.
Louisville, KY
I use the tinted version of this & nothing else most days. Especially in the summer, I get the light coverage & dewy look I want, along with SPF protection! It’s so easy to use, matches my skin tone great, & if needed I can always add other foundation, powder, or other makeup on top. Definitely a go-to!
Julie M.
Racine, Wi
Does this leave your skin feeling greasy?
Nerina S.
Is this good to use before putting on makeup??
Delaney O.
Parksville, Ky
How long does this bottle last if used daily on the face?
Michelle C.
What does this feel like on the skin once dried? I have oily/combo skin and don't want something too greasy!
Alex C.
Nottingham, MD
What face spf is best for you guys with sensitive skin?!

back