BY JOSIE MARAN

Washing your face with oil? It’s not as crazy as it sounds. Because the oil in question is 100% Pure Argan Oil, a powerhouse of nourishing, skin-cleansing essential fatty acids and antioxidants that purifies as it soothes. Leave behind the drying soaps and abrasive scrubs and hop on the oil cleanser bandwagon. In a word (or two): it works.

Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil**, Polysorbate-80**, Polysorbate-20**, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil**, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Citrus Grandis (Pomelo Grapefruit) Seed Oil**, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil**, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil**, Tocopherol, Sucralose**

*ORGANIC
**NATURAL

• Has anyone else had any issues with the bottle/pump leaki...4 Answers
  • I bought this yesterday but I don't think I totally love ...5 Answers
  • What is the difference between this and the cleansing bod...2 Answers
Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil
  • "I love this stuff! It leaves my face clean and my sensitive face doesn't feel tight and uncomfortable like it does with a lot of other cleansers... The oil makes it easier to take off makeup. And it smells amazing." in 21 reviews
  • "If you like cleansing oils, this is a great one to try! I love this when I have dry skin in the winter because it's hydrating and doesn't irritate my sensitive, acne-prone skin. " in 12 reviews
  • "This does not help with acne or rough patches, which is my main skincare issue but this is a really nice makeup remover and cleanser." in 1 review
  • "skin super soft and helps fight break outs. " in 1 review
  • "In my mind that defeats the purpose, but this oil takes away the makeup without drying out my skin and stripping it of its natural oils and softness." in 1 review
Rosie H.
Newark, CA
Think of this product as a cleanser with added oils, instead of thinking of it as an oil to be used as a cleanser. I noticed in reading the reviews that some were under the impression that this is purely an oil, that is not the case. The consistency of this product is that of a very thick and almost gel-like oil; almost like a thinner, non-sticky honey. Only a pump or two is enough to cleanse the entire face, albeit if you are wearing makeup you will need a few more pumps to ensure full removal. I had no problems removing waterproof eye-makeup (heavy liner, mascara) with this cleanser. After cleansing my face feels clean, with no tightness, and hydrated and smooth. There is so much product and you need so little that a bottle will last a very very long time; price justified.

I would recommend this product for all skin types, from dry to oily. If you are hesitant because you have oily skin keep in mind that adding oils to the skin will, overtime, actually lessen the oils that your face produces.

The only issue I have with this product is a bit silly, but it seems pretty common – the taste is absolutely horrible. No matter how hard I try to avoid my lips a bit somehow finds its way into my mouth and it is a bit gag-inducing. I have found that brushing my teeth immediately before cleansing my face completely absolves this issue; I guess minty freshness (completely) overpowers the taste. Sounds a bit funny, but I promise, it works.
Kristen L.
Oakdale, PA
Purchased at: Sephora
This oil does an amazinggggg job at removing my make up! It also leaves my skin feeling much more hydrated than the typical cleanser! My skin doesn’t necessary feel cleaner after using this and I usually follow this with my fresh Soy Face Cleanser to feel really clean! But to gently remove all traces of make up while still nourishing the skin, I would highly recommend this!
Habeebidee A.
Eugene
I got this in a travel kit with the Argan Oil drops. I would have absolutely fallen in love with it if I didn't have one that I loved just a tiny bit more. Because I keep my favorite by the sink in a glass pump bottle, this is my face cleansing oil for the shower and traveling. It will take off even the most ridiculous and waterproof makeup without drying your skin. Fantastic product!
Rachael R.
North Salem, NY
I’ve had this for a couple months now and I can honestly say it’s my new favorite thing! I told the lady at Sephora I was looking for a good value facial cleanser that was gentle and effective, and she immediately led me to this. I had never used an oil cleanser before, but I been a huge fan of Josie Maran’s line of products for awhile! And this was such a good find and a great deal, I had no idea she even made cleaners! I will definitely rebuy.
Dayna C.
Prospect, CT
My favorite product in my skincare routine. It feels so good to wash my face with this at night. It melts off makeup and leaves my skin so moisturized. It was a life changer for me even though I was so afraid to try an oil.
Sonta G.
Vestavia Hls, AL
Great make up remover leaves skin soft hydrated not stripped great for removing waterproof makeup. I love this product for the summer it removes all make up dirt and sunscreen but goes not leave my dry. I have eczema and I'm aginf this is a great product to soothe my irritated skin.
Maria S.
Cody, WY
I love to use cleansing oils to remove all my makeup at night but this one fell a little short for me. It's thicker than most I'm used to and I feel like it's viscosity makes it more difficult to use. I also like when an oil heats up slightly as I feel that helps break down the stubborn makeup left on my face. This oil works fine, it's just not my favorite I've used.
Kristen T.
I use this every single day because I can’t live without it. It’s pretty and simple and smells beautiful and I can’t get enough. It gets off so much makeup and I even rub it around my eyes and it doesn’t burn or anything. I’ve tried to use other cleansers and I still feel like I have to use this afterwards because I trust it to get off everything.
Harriet N.
washington, dc
Purchased at: Sephora
I was expecting an oil but this is thicker and more like a soap. The smell is kind of strong and don’t get it in your mouth by accident—awful! It works but I don’t really like it and won’t be buying it again.
Ashley F.
Monroe, GA
Love this stuff!! I have very sensitive, crazy combination skin (gets very dry and very oily all at same time, super annoying) but this stuff has been a miracle worker. I use it year round, leaves my skin clean and not over dry or greasy feeling and doesn't make me break out which is huge!! Definitely recommend!
Lisa F.
Does this make your skin dry?
Melody S.
I bought this yesterday but I don't think I totally love it--did anyone have to get used to using this?
Carly W.
Has anyone else had any issues with the bottle/pump leaking? It has happened twice for me and the first time I thought I could a defective pump, but a second bottle appears to be leaking again.
Lauren L.
Port Moody, BC
Is this a thicker oil? Do you need to use another cleanser after using the oil?
Darian A.
I wanna try this. Any feedback?