BY JOSIE MARAN

Washing your face with oil? It’s not as crazy as it sounds. Because the oil in question is 100% Pure Argan Oil, a powerhouse of nourishing, skin-cleansing essential fatty acids and antioxidants that purifies as it soothes. Leave behind the drying soaps and abrasive scrubs and hop on the oil cleanser bandwagon. In a word (or two): it works.

Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil**, Polysorbate-80**, Polysorbate-20**, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil**, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Citrus Grandis (Pomelo Grapefruit) Seed Oil**, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil**, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil**, Tocopherol, Sucralose**

*ORGANIC
**NATURAL

Buy on Sephora
  • "I love this stuff! It leaves my face clean and my sensitive face doesn't feel tight and uncomfortable like it does with a lot of other cleansers... The oil makes it easier to take off makeup. And it smells amazing." in 21 reviews
  • "If you like cleansing oils, this is a great one to try! I love this when I have dry skin in the winter because it's hydrating and doesn't irritate my sensitive, acne-prone skin. " in 12 reviews
  • "This does not help with acne or rough patches, which is my main skincare issue but this is a really nice makeup remover and cleanser." in 1 review
  • "skin super soft and helps fight break outs. " in 1 review
  • "In my mind that defeats the purpose, but this oil takes away the makeup without drying out my skin and stripping it of its natural oils and softness." in 1 review
Rachael M.
North Salem
I’ve had this for a couple months now and I can honestly say it’s my new favorite thing! I told the lady at Sephora I was looking for a good value facial cleanser that was gentle and effective, and she immediately led me to this. I had never used an oil cleanser before, but I been a huge fan of Josie Maran’s line of products for awhile! And this was such a good find and a great deal, I had no idea she even made cleaners! I will definitely rebuy.
Sarah J.
Brooklyn
I use this cleansing oil in conjunction with the Josie Marian Argan Oil. It was recommended to me by a Sephora employee. My first bottle of cleanser is almost empty and my skin feels softer and more hydrated. It removes every trace of makeup. Also, it works well with my Clarisonic Mia 2. I think the price point of $32 is fair considering how long a bottle lasts. I will definitely repurchase this cleansing oil. Josie Maran Argan OilCLARISONIC Mia 2 Sonic Skin Cleansing System
Emily G.
This is the first and only oil cleanser I've ever used. I wanted something light that would take off my makeup and pre cleanse my face before my main face wash. Over all the directions were easy to use, the smell was soft, it's very generous, it great for sentive skin, and it did a great job taking off my makeup. I did not like how sticky the product is and how my face always still felt sticky after I used it. However I did continue using it after about two months and only stop when my face started breaking out (due to foundation not this product) and my dermatologist gave me a recommended list of products. Overall a great product for anyone with sentive skin who wants an oil cleanser. As long as you don't mind the sticky.
Sonta G.
Birmingham, AL
Great make up remover leaves skin soft hydrated not stripped great for removing waterproof makeup. I love this product for the summer it removes all make up dirt and sunscreen but goes not leave my dry. I have eczema and I'm aginf this is a great product to soothe my irritated skin.
Olivia T.
Richmond, VA
If you have dry skin like I do this is a miracle product in the wintertime. It really helps keep my face from feeling dry like other moisturizers and my face feels clean, refreshed and glowy. Only issue is the price - there are great dupes out there to save a few bucks.
Lindsey M.
Sacramento
Let's talk! This oil is lovely. Feels light weight but effective on the skin (great if your nervous about using an oil). I wear a full face of makeup about 5 days a week and start with a makeup wipe follow with this and cleanse. This breaks down so much of the leftover product and conditions my skin and LASHES. It also helped me a little bit with my redness, overtime. People say its a little thick in texture which is why you need to wet your face a tad before applying and massaging in but then its wonderful.
Laura M.
Charleston
I use this most every day. Unlike the argan oil which feels too heavy, this is a really nice cleanser. It leaves my face with enough oil to not overproduce and cause me to break out. In between using the PTR blemish buffing wash, this is what I will use. The smell is nice. The size of the bottle is nice. I think I got this as part of a kit with the argan oil and the sunscreen oil from my Sephora inside JCPenney. I do not have acne/pimples like I used to from using this product.
Madison K.
This is my first time ever using a cleansing oil, so I decided to go with a fan favorite and purchase the Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil during Sephora's VIB Rouge sale. I was initially a bit hesitant to incorporate it into my routine as I have changed so many items lately but ive used it these past few nights in conjunction with Sunday Rileys UFO oil and my face is out of this world. get it? ha.... ha.
Jennifer T.
Hinesville, GA
Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil is an interesting product. I tend to have dry feeling skin that is also oily at times and sometimes get breakouts. This cleanser has a nice barely there scent and the bottle is clean and nice looking. Also a large size for a cleanser. This stuff leaves your face feeling soft and hydrated but not oily despite it being an oil cleanser.
Maria S.
Salt Lake City, UT
I love to use cleansing oils to remove all my makeup at night but this one fell a little short for me. It's thicker than most I'm used to and I feel like it's viscosity makes it more difficult to use. I also like when an oil heats up slightly as I feel that helps break down the stubborn makeup left on my face. This oil works fine, it's just not my favorite I've used.
Lisa F.
Does this make your skin dry?
Melody S.
I bought this yesterday but I don't think I totally love it--did anyone have to get used to using this?
Carly W.
Has anyone else had any issues with the bottle/pump leaking? It has happened twice for me and the first time I thought I could a defective pump, but a second bottle appears to be leaking again.
Lauren L.
PORT MOODY, BC
Is this a thicker oil? Do you need to use another cleanser after using the oil?
Darian A.
I wanna try this. Any feedback?