BY JOSIE MARAN

Argan Black Oil Mascara treats your lashes to the nourishing lash-softening effect of 100% Pure Argan Oil mixed with blackest-black iron mineral pigments, and infused with the lash strengthening properties of bamboo—delivered in an innovative 5 ball brush that reaches every lash.

INGREDIENTS:

Aqua (Water)**, Cera Alba (Beeswax)**, Sucrose Stearate**, Propanediol**, Cetearyl Alcohol**, Oryza Sativa Bran Cera (Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax)**, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride**, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose**, Myrica Pubescens Fruit Cera (Myrica Pubescens Fruit Wax)**, Silica**, Panthenol, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Ethylhexylglycerin, Laureth-21, Glycerin**, Bambusa Vulgaris Extract (Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract)**, Potassium Sorbate**. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77499)**

• Is this a thick consistency mascara?4 Answers
  • Wondering how the staying power on this mascara is? Long ...2 Answers
  • Would this mascara help in growing longer lashes because ...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Lynn B.
The darkest black mascara that I’ve seen. Unfortunately, it smeared easily. I hated the wand shape. Not sure what the purpose was to create it that way. I wanted a more natural mascara and the Sephora rep recommended it. I like some of her other products and had high expectations. I returned it. I wouldn’t recommend it based on smearing. I don’t know of any other stores that sell it other than Sephora.
Crystal H.
Plainville, MA
This is the worst mascara I've ever tried. I was trying to find a mascara with fewer chemicals in it, trying to find good products that were a bit more natural. From the very beginning, this Black Oil Mascara from Josie Maran was super clumpy and made my eyes water from the moment I put it on until the moment I took it off. It also smudged super easily all day. I have never had such issues with mascara before and was really hoping it would be a great product since I use so many other products from Josie Maran's line. I'll be sticking with Benefit mascaras from now on.
Nicole A.
Las Vegas, NV
Wow....Ive been eyeing this MASCARA for quite some time now but with all the bad luck I've had with so many mascaras over the years I just kept over looking it!!!
A few weeks ago QVC was offering a special for an exclusive 5 tube gift set for around 54$!!! The deal was to good to pass up, with these tubes running 20 + bucks each it was a steal🙌🙌🙌
I've been looking for a mascara with better ingredients as well due to an eye disease i have, this MASCARA contains 91% natural ingredients which is amazing and rare to find!! Many mascaras I've tried over the years work amazing but my eyes just can't handle some of the harsh ingredients!!
It was love at 1st use😍😍 1st off this MASCARA is super super carbon black!! One of my biggest complaints with mascara is that I don't find them dark enough, however this one blew me away with the pigment alone!!!
The performance is outstanding it curls lifts and makes my lashes super lush and full!! The brush is quite unique it's a brush with little ball shapes in the wand that completely reaches every single lash!! 2 coats and I look like I'm wearing lash extensions!!! A trick I like to do with my mascara is take my wand and wrap it around the top of my lashes like a curling iron motion, this wand is perfect for doing that as well!!
I've seen a lot of negative reviews on this MASCARA and I 100% have to disagree!! The formula lasts until I remove it, there is Zero flaking or running and the color is just AMAZING!!
Plus the bonus of such good for you ingredients!!!
If you are on the fence about trying this please take my advice and try it!! Mascara is the one makeup product I'm the most picky about!!
This mascara is magical finally I'm in love and so are my lashes!!!!
On a side note I've also noticed my lashes stay soft and conditioned unlike most mascaras out there that tend to make the lashes feel brittle and extremely dry!!🙌🙌
Debby M.
Dayton, TN
I revived this mascara in a kit I ordered from QVC, I love Josie Maran argan products! This mascara is ok. But I have other mascara I like better. It's good for the lashes I have a hard time keeping mine curled with it, but I still use it!
Jenn G.
This mascara was really good but then I noticed it would fall onto my under eyes which just killed it for me. The darkness of this mascara is what hooks me to wear it. Now I just apply some lash primer and then this stuff over it. I don't have that much of a problem now!
Morgan L.
I really like this mascara, I got it from my mom. It has literally ONE bad thing about it and its that it flakes toward the end of wear, but I am also a waitress and work 8-14 hours at a time. I'll definitely buy this once I run out.
Shawn M.
   I am not in love with this mascara.  I can't recommend it based on my experience. I am not sure if I have a bad tube or oil based mascaras are just not for me and my skin type. I have combination skin by the way.  It dried out within one month of purchasing leaving little clumpy balls of mascara on my lashes. My lashes did get slightly longer but more of a natural look nothing dramatic, natural looking with teeny clumps.    It took a while to dry; much more time than any other mascara I've ever used, and I've used a lot of different mascaras over the years. When I blinked, thinking there'd been plenty of time to dry; it imprinted black on the area above my eyelid and underneath my eyes. It also flaked and smudged throughout the day. It flaked more than it smudged. I went around half the day with little powder black bits underneath my eyes.
Hue V.
San Jose, CA
I'm pretty sure I got a bad batch and from this mascara because it did nothing to my lashes. Even if I didn't get a bad batch, I saw no difference either way. It flaked like crazy and it had a dry formula that did not stick very well to my lashes. I love argan oil so I thought this would be great but instead, it did not.

TIP:
If you do want argan oil in your mascara:
- Add a drop or two into your mascara tube
- Add a small drop onto your mascara brush with mascara on it and apply to lashes

You can also use a clean mascara wand and add argan oil on it and apply to your lashes to get the benefits of the argan oil and just applying  your favorite mascara on top without having to mix argan oil into your favorite tube (and changing the formula/performances)
Taylor T.
Okay, so I tried this recently & I hate to say it, but I am not a fan.  It is pretty basic.  It didn't do anything amazing for my lashes.  My lashes are straight and medium length.  I curl my lashes but this mascara still didn't help anything.  The biggest issue I had was fall out. The mascara might have been a little older but not used hardly and was not dry at all. The amount of fall out... it was RIDICULOUS.  I would look like a raccoon in just a couple of hours.  I tried it again, this time with a lash primer and it was just as bad.  I even use a setting spray.  I dont normally have a big fall out problem.  I think the fact that this mascara is more oily than normal caused this. I love the packaging, it stands out from all of my other mascaras.  Its so pretty,  I love this brand and the Argan OIl line,  but I wouldn't buy this product.
Mackenzie J.
This is a gorgeous high end mascara. The packaging and formula has a very fun but luxurious feel to it. If you are looking for really defined, bold lashes this is for you! However, beware of clumping as this is the mascaras only downfall. I usually just run an eyelash comb over my lashes after application and it takes care of it. This mascara lasts all day and doesn't smudge or flake which I LOVE. It's really hard for me to find a mascara that does that. Another benefit to this I know my lashes are getting nourished throughout the day when I have this on! I highly recommend! This mascara gives me the look of wearing falsies without the extra fuss!
jay a.
Annandale, NJ
Is this a thick consistency mascara?
Caroline L.
Vaudreuil, QC
I heard so many great things about this mascara but is it realllyyyyy waterproof? I know the formula is gentle for eyes and lashes, but is it super long lasting? Thanks!!
Sadie V.
Brockton, MA
Wondering how the staying power on this mascara is? Long lasting or any daily smudges? Also, finding any change in lash health, growth and look after use?
Rose M.
Juneau, AK
I have tried a few mascaras high end and drug store. does this compare to any other mascaras out there? i am searching for a mascara that makes my lashes look longer. mine are pretty small
hayley T.
Stroudsburg, PA
Would this mascara help in growing longer lashes because or the argan oil? Let me know if anyone has seen a difference !