BY JOSE CUERVO #6 in Tequila

Jose Cuervo Especial Silver Tequila is very smooth and bottled immediately following distillation and has a pleasant balanced aroma combining spicy black pepper and hints of agave. Its taste perfectly balances a mixture of sweetness and acidity, complimented by black pepper notes on the palate. see more...

• Besides drinking, what do you use tequila for?5 Answers
M B.
Birmingham
Hands down, my favorite tequila. It’s smooth, easily to mix, and doesn’t have an insanely pungent smell like other tequilas I’ve drank. This is always my go to bottle for parties and gatherings because it’s so easy to please everyone with a bottle of Jose! This is what you bring out when you’re looking to have a good time, but don’t want to regret it in the morning.
Emily W.
Cedar Rapids, IA
I think you know what you’re getting yourself into if you’re a tequila drinker, and picking up Jose Cuervo. It’s going to get the job done. It’s not going to make you look like total trash at the register, but you aren’t looking like a pretentious a-hole either. It’s dependable. Relatable. As non offensive as tequila can get. Sometimes, that’s just what you need.
Samantha P.
Little Rock
I’m not positive, but you could probably sterilize wounds with this. It smells and tastes like the rubbing alcohol under my bathroom sink. That said, it’s inexpensive and works well in small amounts for margaritas and other mixed drinks. I’ve found other silvers that don’t cost much more that have much better flavor and won’t make your throat burn as it goes down.
Sam P.
Keizer
Jose Cuervo Blanco Tradicional Tequila nose has aromas of pineapple,agave heart, and pepper. The entry is warm with palate of pepper and pineapple. The ending is warm with finish of agave heart and burst of pepper.It is much better than Jose Silver Mixto Tequlia for about the same price. Jose Cuervo Blanco Tradicional Tequila is good but not great.It is for mixing as it is a little warm to be a sipper. [product:jose-cuervo-especial-silver-tequila-]
Danielle M.
Americus Georgia
If you have never got a margarita bucket from your local store and poured this bad boy into it you are missing out. My favorite is having my own taco Tuesday. There is no prep work like using a blender or defrosting mixes. You open, mix and there it is. I prefer the silver over the gold when it comes to margaritas, the flavors just mix the best.
Lanesha M.
Murfreesboro
I was not impressed with Jose Cuervo. Its fairly inexpensive, but like most cheap liquor, it leaves you with one hell of a hangover. Jose is not smooth at all, it’s definitely what you drink if you want to put some hair on your chest. I feel like there are better options out there even on the cheaper end of the scale.
Teri T.
Valrico , FL
Take this with a grain of salt because I am not regularly a tequila drinker. I think it is reasonably priced, but I probably would not buy it again. It was good in a margarita, but I did not like the taste when I took a chilled shot of it. Some of my friends drink it regularly, but tequila is not really for me.
Jennifer G.
MCLEAN, VA
I’d give it 5, but that’s not fair to the high quality tequilas that I will give a 5 too. It burns, tastes great with a lime, and it’s cheap. I love this for when I go to any place I know I’ll be sharing with people who just want to have fun and don’t care about how high end the drink is. It’s always enjoyed.
Kimberly M.
North Edwards, CA
I mostly use  Jose Cuervo Especial Silver Tequila for making hot sauce. I burn off the alcohol in it and it gives the most amazing flavor to the hot sauce. The price is pretty reasonable but being the penny pincher that I am I always look for a sale on it. I would definitely recommend this to others for their cooking needs.
Kate P.
Tallahassee, FL
This is kind of the standard for the average tequila drinker in my opinion. It’s got a bit of burn to it like tequila should (though the Jose Cuervo Tequila Gold probably has more) and mixes well with margarita mixes or just lime juice and triple sec. It gets the job done at a reasonable price.
Kimberly M.
North Edwards, CA
Besides drinking, what do you use tequila for?