BY JOSE CUERVO #5 in Tequila

Jose Cuervo Especial Silver Tequila is very smooth and bottled immediately following distillation and has a pleasant balanced aroma combining spicy black pepper and hints of agave. Its taste perfectly balances a mixture of sweetness and acidity, complimented by black pepper notes on the palate. see more...

• Besides drinking, what do you use tequila for?1 Answers
Samantha M.
Augusta
Someone once told me that Jose Cuervo is a beginners tequila, and even if they're wrong, I don't really care. It hits that budget sweet spot of being a quality mid range product, and I've never made a bad drink with it. Margaritas, tequila punch, palomas, this silver is perfect for any summery drink with a kick that helps you forget the stupid thing you said at work today.
M B.
Birmingham
Hands down, my favorite tequila. It’s smooth, easily to mix, and doesn’t have an insanely pungent smell like other tequilas I’ve drank. This is always my go to bottle for parties and gatherings because it’s so easy to please everyone with a bottle of Jose! This is what you bring out when you’re looking to have a good time, but don’t want to regret it in the morning.
Emily W.
Cedar Rapids
I think you know what you’re getting yourself into if you’re a tequila drinker, and picking up Jose Cuervo. It’s going to get the job done. It’s not going to make you look like total trash at the register, but you aren’t looking like a pretentious a-hole either. It’s dependable. Relatable. As non offensive as tequila can get. Sometimes, that’s just what you need.
Sam P.
Keizer
Jose Cuervo Blanco Tradicional Tequila nose has aromas of pineapple,agave heart, and pepper. The entry is warm with palate of pepper and pineapple. The ending is warm with finish of agave heart and burst of pepper.It is much better than Jose Silver Mixto Tequlia for about the same price. Jose Cuervo Blanco Tradicional Tequila is good but not great.It is for mixing as it is a little warm to be a sipper. [product:jose-cuervo-especial-silver-tequila-]
Dewi B.
Bishop, CA
I’ll start off by saying this isn’t my favorite tequila, but it’s definitely affordable. If I’m making margaritas I wouldn’t be pouring don Julio in my mix, and I find Jose to be the perfect one to use. Not super strong and potent where my eyes water like some other tequilas, and compliments any margarita mix. The price is definitely right too.
Zerlaine P.
Davie , FL
I discovered this tequila about a year ago and realized I could finally get that "high quality" tequila taste for a decent price. I would compare it to 1800 which costs considerably more. Not as "taste free" as Patron but I prefer a little raw tequila taste, as long as it is smooth when drinking blanco tequilas.
Jennifer G.
Mclean, VA
I’d give it 5, but that’s not fair to the high quality tequilas that I will give a 5 too. It burns, tastes great with a lime, and it’s cheap. I love this for when I go to any place I know I’ll be sharing with people who just want to have fun and don’t care about how high end the drink is. It’s always enjoyed.
Kimberly M.
North Edwards
I mostly use  Jose Cuervo Especial Silver Tequila for making hot sauce. I burn off the alcohol in it and it gives the most amazing flavor to the hot sauce. The price is pretty reasonable but being the penny pincher that I am I always look for a sale on it. I would definitely recommend this to others for their cooking needs.
Lindsey B.
Tenants Hbr, ME
This is my go-to tequila when I want to make a perfect margarita, and this is what I ask for when I order margaritas at a restaurant or bar. The packaging is really eye-catching, and it’s very reasonably priced considering how much you get. I would definitely recommend this to family or friends.
Shivali P.
Bensalem
Defiantly a college staple when tequila is needed! It’s an affordable brand of tequila and doesn’t taste terrible like it will burn your organs! Never skip on the lime and salt. If you’re anything like me you’ll probably eat the whole lime to get the tequila flavor out of your mouth!
Kimberly M.
North Edwards
Besides drinking, what do you use tequila for?