BY JOICO

What it is: Red may be the color that turns heads faster than any other; but, unfortunately, it s also the color that fades the fastest, too. So we thought it was only fair to give our favorite Gingers their very own shampoo? one that brings on a rosy glow, and puts color-stripping to a screeching halt. Then we went one better: by adding ingredients that amp up the shine factor and put frizz to shame. Specially formulated shampoo to revive and maintain red hair. What it does: Red hair color fades faster than any other shade. This new hair care system, specially formulated for red heads, gently cleanses and moisturizes while depositing color refreshing pigments. The Multi-Spectrum Defense Complex fights both physical and environmental factors that cause color fading and tonal change. Reds instantly appear brighter and more luminous. What else you need to know: Multi-Spectrum Defense Complex features a fade-defying blend of Green Tea extract, antioxidants, and UV protectors that fight both the physical and environmental factors that cause fading and tonal change. Bio-Advanced Peptide Complex lasts up to 25 shampoos, helping repair damage and preventing future damage. see more...

• I like my red shampoo, but am always looking for something that w...2 Answers
  • Is it sulfate free and does it really keep your hair red?1 Answers
  • I have been using water colors shampoo and condit...Be the first to answer!
Buy on ULTA
Jesse C.
Jesse C.
Tucson, AZ
I have always wanted red hair but trying to maintain it seemed like such a hassle. I got my hair dyed red at Ulta and they recommend the Joico in red.. Holly molly! I was really surprised when I got home and used it and it was red just like the dye was! It made a huge difference in how often I had to get my hair touched up. I will say its a tad expensive and I would wait for a deal
Pamela H.
Pamela H.
Buckner, MO
The shampoo does a decent job of cleaning hair but strips oils so much hair is completely dried out. This is not gentle. And the red stains skin so hands, scalp and ears look silly for a day after each wash. I use Tressa water colors which also infuses red and notice it's more hydrating and the color in my hair is more vibrant than with Joico. But my skin does not pay a toll.
Ally L.
Ally L.
Taylor, MI
This stuff is ok. Since I have dyed my hair red again, I have only used this. I only wash my hair 1-2 times a week. And like I said have only used this shampoo and conditioner. I definitely think my hair has stayed red a bit longer, but my hair is still dull. I don't think it's worth the money honestly.
Kristina W.
Kristina W.
Englewood, FL
I purchased this shampoo along with the purple balance shampoo. I have purple hair and used this once and unfortunately will be taking it back. I seem to have an allergic reaction to it. But I will say, it didn't seem to leave my hair very "clean" and although it infuses color, I prefer sulfate free.
Mckenzie M.
Mckenzie M.
Love love love this shampoo I only have gotten my hair done twice in my life have had over 40 colors but only done by a professional two times I love the bright colors and it was amazing to have it it isn't that much money it lasts for awhile and it really helps
Rachel R.
Rachel R.
Hamilton, OH
I love this shampoo. red will always be a hard color to keep but even my hair dresser is surprised when I come in with still red hair. of course it still fades a little but this helps keep my red so much longer and looking fresh!
Leslie W.
Leslie W.
Clarksville, TN
I bought this after going a bright, fall red. Other than looking like a bad horror movie when you apply it, I don't have any complaints. It really helps your color last.
Georgia W.
Georgia W.
Taylors, Sc
It works great as far as maintaining color goes but it is the most drying shampoo I have ever used. My hair feels like straw since using it.
Shireen B.
Shireen B.
King William, VA
This is a great shampoo! You only use it every few days, so the color in it can't mess with your skin. It really helps my red hair!
Ralie H.
Ralie H.
Birdsboro, PA
All red everything certainly means you need to upkeep your color! I have tried many color lines to keep my bright red hair from fading after 3 washes to a light pink but it wasn't until I nixed the "color safe" brands and went to something specific for reds that achieved the results I love!

Joico is a staple for color safe products in my life now. I am able to wash my hair 2 times a week and retain the brightness from the salon on day 1 of my retouch. A little bit goes a long way. The smell isn't floral, it isn't nasty, its just an overall nice clean smell. It does not stain your bathroom walls and it may freak you out the first time you use it. Why? Well because the rinse water turns red too. The first time I used it I thought for sure my color would be gone. I was very happy to find it was not.
Juliet J.
Juliet J.
I like my red shampoo, but am always looking for something that will do an even better job keeping my red bright. How well does this work for dyed red hair?
Amber B.
Amber B.
Lafayette, TN
Will this add red color to my dyed red hair?
Ashley H.
Ashley H.
Eufaula, AL
Is it sulfate free and does it really keep your hair red?
Megan Joy W.
Megan Joy W.
Mt Washington, PA
Is this product really as good as it sounds?
Keena V.
Keena V.
Is this product to help prolong the color or just to make it appear more vibrant? I recently added "fire red" coloring to my dark brown hair and I am interested in keeping the color longer rather than making it stand out more.