BY JOICO

Joico Color Endure Violet Shampoo is for toning blonde or gray hair. Contains a maximum level of violet dye load to ensure maximum toning and neutralizing. Tones haircolor immediately following any highlighting or blonding services. see more...

• Does this work to help keep platinum blonde hair from getting tha...1 Answers
  • Which one works better, this one or the other with purple packing...2 Answers
  • How often would I need to use this? 2 Answers
Buy on Kohl's*
Denise C.
Jasper, GA
This is by far the BEST purple shampoo out there. I have purple in my hair and my stylist told me to get purple shampoo. It was a win/win in our house too as my husband has salt & pepper hair and wanted to take the brassiness out... We have well water and that can be common. My stylist didn't have any specific recommendations but when I saw this in the store next to its competitors, I thought I would give it a try. Like someone else said in another review it is pretty pricey but the deal was too good to pass up at the Ulta summer sale. I know I have talked to others who lose their purple in just a few washes however, I can go five weeks between touchups & the Joico shampoo/conditioner combo really keep the purple going strong. The scent is not overpowering & it smells great. It doesn't lather up as much as some of the over the counter shampoo and conditioners but that is because it is sulfate free. Sulfates strip your hair so I think is key to maintaining color. This is a MUST BUY!
Elizabeth G.
Hialeah, FL
First impression:
-smells really nice
-beautiful violet hue
-doesn't lather too well (expected from a sulfate free shampoo)
-my hair doesn't feel as clean as I expected it to be (not sure if the shampoo is solely to blame or a combination of factors)
-did not notice much enhancement in color
As of right now I am on the fence with this product and I am not sure if I will repurchase just yet. I plan to try it out a couple more times to get a better feel for it.
Update:
So after blow drying my hair I did notice that my hair was noticeably lighter and less brassy. A couple people asked me if I recently went to the salon. Definitely going to keep this in my routine. However not 5 stars because I feel like it does not do a good job in cleaning my hair as much as I'd like.
Bing M.
Fort Worth, TX
I absolutely love this shampoo and the conditioner. They both smell great and leave my hair feeling soft and manageable. unlike the hi-light that I purchase from Sally's.
My natural hair is dark brown/black and I am transitioning to ombre light brown - ash blond. so there's definitely a lot of brass going on but, this shampoo has done wonders for me in between my hair appointments. Ulta usually runs promo on this product so you can get it for a reasonable price if you plan ahead. I've been using my shampo/conditioner every 3rd wash and it was purchase at the end of march. there's still a pretty good amount of it left.
Lupita A.
Santa Maria , Ca
Yes my side has her cosmetology license so she hooks me up when it comes to hair products and we've gotten this one a few times ... purple shampoos is different I can stick to this one specially cus I have blonde in my hair n I love smells super good usually purple shampoos don't smell like anything at all. But it also leaves your hair feeling healthier than ever and just shampoo let alone is a big thing and the joico brand that would prolly be one of my favorites. Use it in all types of hair :)
megan m.
Sprankle Mls, PA
This shampoo was a godsend when I first started bleaching my hair to blonde. As a natural brunette yellow tones show up frequently in my hair. If i use this about once a week, which is all I ever really wash my hair anymore, but with just that was the yellow is completely gone. I usually let it sit in my hair for about three minutes so that it can tones out the yellow, but not tint my hair purple. I would recommend this to anyone trying to keep their blonde fresh and bright looking.
Jolina M.
Daly City, CA
I can't live without this product!! The level of "blondeness" that results from this product depends on how long you leave it in your hair, but in my opinion I find any result nice with this shampoo. I usually leave it in for 3-5 minutes then rinse it out. It's a dark purple shampoo that really makes sure that there's no brassiness in your locks. Also, I only use it as often as I feel like I need to because this product works so well that I don't need to use it for every wash.
Miranda B.
I have dark hair and recently got my hair colored to a caramel ombre balayage. My stylist recommended this line for purple shampoo and conditioner. There's definitely some brass happening but this shampoo and conditioner has helped so much! It's a little bit pricey but I see it as protecting my investment in my hair. I use it every 2 or 3 washes and I will definitely be repurchasing after the bottles are empty. A little goes a long way!
Grisury C.
Houston , TX
I just purchased this shampoo! I took advantage of the liter sale at Ulta and got this baby for $15.99! I have previously used the Joico Violet Shampoo and I can say I love it! It has kept my balayage from turning brassy! As for the shampoo so far I'm loving it, has a great smell and left my hair very soft! Glad this product is sulfate free!
Danielle G.
Las Vegas, NV
I loved this product at the salon. It smelled great, is sulfate free, and my hair was oh so soft! I purchased the shampoo & conditioner, but after the first few washes, I noticed that it doesn't coat your hair well or lather, and leaves it a bit greasy. It took me almost 6 months for me to use the one bottle because I used it so sparingly.
Emily B.
Arlington, VA
I am a natural brunette that gets blonde natural highlights done by balayage technique. It can pull brassy and warm toned very easy but if I use this purple shampoo once a week it keeps my hair cool toned and fresh looking for so long! It can be a little drying though so I do it on the same day of the week as my hair mask.

Tracey M.
Franklin, KY
I really want to try this shampoo/ conditioner, how does it compare with Shimmering Lights? Does it smell good?
Gail B.
I was wondering if this shampoo makes you're blonde highlights look and feel dry. I've heard that some violet shampoos are very drying. Thanks.
jessica m.
Is there a moisturizing conditioner that you'd recommend to pair with it?
Thea R.
Boise , ID
How long do you leave this on your hair before washing it out?
Angelina M.
Donora, PA
Looking for a new purple shampoo, is this the best of the best? I like to be toned as the white platinum!