BY JOICO

Stay true to your color with Joico's color balance purple shampoo for long lasting, vibrant color while protecting your hair's natural health. Perfect choice for blonde's, this unique color correcting formula preserves the cool tone in your hair and keeps brassiness at bay. Containing the most beneficial ingredients and striving to keep constantly up-to-date with technology, Joico upholds its reputation of being the leader in beauty innovation. Joico gives you the power to transform hair and transform people.

• Does this make your hair more blonde and does it lighten ...2 Answers
  • How much is it Canadian? Do you see results right away? T...1 Answers
  • Does this purple shampoo dry out your hair at all? My hai...7 Answers
Ryan S.
Penryn, CA
This stuff was amazing! I got it on sale at ULTA the 2 for 20 deal, so I picked this up along with it's matching conditioner. I was between this and their blonde shampoo in the white bottle, when I went to check the product out in store this product was purple and the product in the white bottle wasn't. Because I understand the science/theory behind the purple shampoo for platinum hair I got this one. One of the reviews I had read said it smelled like bubblegum, I found it smelled more like mixed berry, so unless your bubblegum is mixed berry, I wouldn't say it smells like bubble gum! The consitencey of this product is almost like a Nickelodeon slime. It's a very dark purple, and my first time use I actually applied it to my hair dry to get the maximum benefit of the toner. (If you have severely damaged hair this may turn your hair purple as any toner would) my hair is chemically processed, but not bad, which is why I felt safe to apply it dry. I followed up with the joico conditioner when I went into the shower to rinse it off after leaving it in for about 2.5 to 3 minutes. When I got out and dried my hair it looked like I had just retoned my hair with wella's t-18 toner! I would highly recommend this to anyone that is fighting yellow in their hair. They also make a blue shampoo for people that have a problem with orange!
reina j.
LOVE this stuff! I have naturally dark brown hair, and my hair doesn’t get ashy too easily (yay brassy undertones! :/), so when my hair stylist works her magic and gets me nice and bright, Joico purple shampoo is a MUST HAVE!

It genuinely helps keep my hair brighter and lighter. It does nottttt take place of regular shampoo (doesn’t clean your scalp!), so I shampoo, then put this in my hair for about 10 minutes while I wash my body and face, rinse out, and condition. I always make sure to really scrub it in my hair (get chunks of hair in between my two palms and scrub away!). You can actually see it lighten right away.

This will not take you any brighter than your natural color or where your stylist gets you, it just helps maintain that level a bit longer. I’ve been using this for about a year and couldn’t imagine having bleached hair without this product. I’d be a yellow/orange mess in a couple weeks!

Highly recommend this product. Also, great price point!
Debbie D.
Midway city , CA
So far so good! I was able to cop this during the ulta sale, so I got this + the matching conditioner for a whopping $25!!!
I noticed results after the second wash. I usually wait every 3 days to wash my hair. My friends even commented on how light my hair looks. I can’t wait for continuous use to achieve my desired color 😍
My hair is currently ashy blonde / brown balayage on dark Asian hair. It really helps with the brassiness but the only con is that it is pretty drying. Not really a problem though since I have the matching conditioner to balance it out
Krysia S.
Baton Rouge, LA
I use both this shampoo and conditioner when I have my hair highlighted because I prefer my blonde on the neutral to ashy side - my skin is super pink, so golden blonde is not a good look for me. This shampoo really helps me maintain my color between toners/touchups. However, I do find myself having to use a little bit more product than I would expect when washing my hair. I don't mind it too much, but since it is a bit more expensive than a normal shampoo & conditioner I don't use it every day so I can stretch it out.
Morgan L.
Mc Donald, OH
I loved this product. This was the first purple shampoo I ever tried and I have to say it’s pretty great. It really does even out all of the brassy tones in your hair and gives you beautiful ashy tones instead. The only problem I had with this product was its inability to lather well. Other than that, the product is great!
Casey T.
I have balayaged hair and so I use this to keep the blonde in my hair from getting brassy. I love it! Yes, the bottle may seem small but you shouldn’t use this for every hair wash either because it can dry your hair out. I use it every 3-4 shampoos and it has lasted me a long time. I apply it to my hair, scrub it in, and then let it sit in my hair for 3-5 minutes before rinsing. It really does make a noticeable difference to my blonde! Pick it up at ulta when it is 2 for $20 for a better deal!!
Angie R.
South Gate, CA
I was skeptical about using this shampoo. The L'Oreal Paris EverPure dried my hair out so much, my hair was breaking off and looked horrible. So finding a new purple shampoo was something I needed to do. I bought this shampoo along with the conditioner while it was on sale at Ulta, buy one get one half off. And I fell in love with this! My hair was getting brighter and lighter. I would wash my hair with this once a week, and would always get compliments and was asked if I just left the salon. The condition left my locks so hydrated and soft. This is the perfect combination for bleach hair. I recommend this for people looking for a purple shampoo. And I always stay stack up on this combination since I bleach my hair platinum blonde.
Samantha S.
Silver Spring, MD
I recently died my hair blonde, and I asked my stylist what product would allow me to keep my color looking vibrant. As someone whose hair naturally pulls red tones, brassiness was a huge concern for me. Well, this product takes the cake. It smells wonderful and my hair is noticeably cooler toned after using it. The lower price point is an added plus that for high-end hair care. Most other toning shampoos and conditions are $5-10 more expensive.
Madeline L.
Probably one of the most pigmented purple shampoo I’ve came across. I’m naturally a brunette, but get highlights in my hair. When I begin to see my highlights getting dull or brassy, I apply this shampoo, let it sit for about 10 minutes and then rinse. My hair looks radiant. The only thing I dislike is that I find myself having to use a lot of product in order for it to reach a lather. It works great so I continue to purchase it, especially when ULTA runs their BUY 2 GET 1 FREE special. Recommend!
Amanda F.
Tampa
This shampoo is every dyed blondes dream! I just get my hair highlighted and to keep the blonde more cool toned I use this shampoo. It truly is super purple. Has a nice lather. I have found that it really does an excellent job of bringing moisture and softness back into my strands after a dye. Keeps my highlights popping! Highly recommend if you're in the market for an excellent purple shampoo! They sell this brand at Ulta and usually have a good special going on.
Emily P.
Does this purple shampoo dry out your hair at all? My hair gets super brassy and I love purple shampoo but I need one that's moisturizing and not drying. Thoughts on this one?
Kelly H.
I'm looking for a new purple shampoo that will get rid of any brassiness I have in my hair. I just recently got my hair re-dyed and want the blonde to be vibrant blonde. What's a really good purple shampoo!?
Does it help lighten your hair even after months of dying it?
Megan S.
St johns, CA
Does this work well my hair is kinda orange color would this work ??
Alaryn H.
Brashear, TX
How does this purple shampoo compare to others? I am looking for a really good one and i have yet to find one i am absolutely in love with!!! Names and Brands of ones yall love please!

Amazon