BY JOICO

Stay true to your color with Joico's color balance purple shampoo for long lasting, vibrant color while protecting your hair's natural health. Perfect choice for blonde's, this unique color correcting formula preserves the cool tone in your hair and keeps brassiness at bay. Containing the most beneficial ingredients and striving to keep constantly up-to-date with technology, Joico upholds its reputation of being the leader in beauty innovation. Joico gives you the power to transform hair and transform people.

• Does this make your hair more blonde and does it lighten ...2 Answers
  • How much is it Canadian? Do you see results right away? T...1 Answers
  • Does this purple shampoo dry out your hair at all? My hai...7 Answers
Ashlynn K.
Flora
I'm a blonde for like literally the rest of my life. No seriously, my hair does NOT hold dark color. It's a waste of $$$. In between salon visits my hair does start to turn golden because I was born a ginger ❤️ this shampoo is wonderful for toning out that brassy look. My only two complaints are that it dries out my scalp like no other 😩 you have to leave this on and soak for about 2-3 minutes, and only a few times a month! You will damage your hair if you do it too much. And if you do it too much your hair will turn purple. Unless you're awesome like that 💜
Ryan S.
Penryn, CA
This stuff was amazing! I got it on sale at ULTA the 2 for 20 deal, so I picked this up along with it's matching conditioner. I was between this and their blonde shampoo in the white bottle, when I went to check the product out in store this product was purple and the product in the white bottle wasn't. Because I understand the science/theory behind the purple shampoo for platinum hair I got this one. One of the reviews I had read said it smelled like bubblegum, I found it smelled more like mixed berry, so unless your bubblegum is mixed berry, I wouldn't say it smells like bubble gum! The consitencey of this product is almost like a Nickelodeon slime. It's a very dark purple, and my first time use I actually applied it to my hair dry to get the maximum benefit of the toner. (If you have severely damaged hair this may turn your hair purple as any toner would) my hair is chemically processed, but not bad, which is why I felt safe to apply it dry. I followed up with the joico conditioner when I went into the shower to rinse it off after leaving it in for about 2.5 to 3 minutes. When I got out and dried my hair it looked like I had just retoned my hair with wella's t-18 toner! I would highly recommend this to anyone that is fighting yellow in their hair. They also make a blue shampoo for people that have a problem with orange!
Jessica B.
Las Vegas, NV
I followed the package directions, and it toned my hair perfectly! I would say it is drying, so make sure to only use a few times a week, and then follow with conditioner and a hair oil. I would also say that if you have an ombre/shadow root, you may want to leave this product off of there to avoid your brown tones from appearing too dull and non dimensional. Before this I used Paul Mitchell's purple shampoo and this works so much better.
reina j.
LOVE this stuff! I have naturally dark brown hair, and my hair doesn’t get ashy too easily (yay brassy undertones! :/), so when my hair stylist works her magic and gets me nice and bright, Joico purple shampoo is a MUST HAVE!

It genuinely helps keep my hair brighter and lighter. It does nottttt take place of regular shampoo (doesn’t clean your scalp!), so I shampoo, then put this in my hair for about 10 minutes while I wash my body and face, rinse out, and condition. I always make sure to really scrub it in my hair (get chunks of hair in between my two palms and scrub away!). You can actually see it lighten right away.

This will not take you any brighter than your natural color or where your stylist gets you, it just helps maintain that level a bit longer. I’ve been using this for about a year and couldn’t imagine having bleached hair without this product. I’d be a yellow/orange mess in a couple weeks!

Highly recommend this product. Also, great price point!
Kada W.
Columbus
Purchased at: Sephora
When I went platinum for awhile it was really hard to keep my color from turning brassy. I used this probably every three days with the adjunct conditioner and it pulled any brassy tones out right away. You do have to let it sit on your hair for about 5 mins but it’s worth it!
Rachel S.
Bloomington
Purple shampoo is perfect for color treated blonde hair. Will remove brassy tones and make a brighter looking blonde. It last for weeks with once a week shampoos. Lathers nicely and feels clean. I would buy this product again.
Cheresa T.
Purchased at: ULTA
I think this purple shampoo is just so so. Doesn’t compare to my Fanola shampoo that I’m currently using. It didn’t really tone my hair that well from the brass and it doesn’t clean your hair well either. It was just mediocre to me.
Debbie D.
Midway city , CA
So far so good! I was able to cop this during the ulta sale, so I got this + the matching conditioner for a whopping $25!!!
I noticed results after the second wash. I usually wait every 3 days to wash my hair. My friends even commented on how light my hair looks. I can’t wait for continuous use to achieve my desired color 😍
My hair is currently ashy blonde / brown balayage on dark Asian hair. It really helps with the brassiness but the only con is that it is pretty drying. Not really a problem though since I have the matching conditioner to balance it out
Coleton W.
Burkburnett
Purchased at: ULTA
Best purple shampoo ever!! I’ve tried numerous and this by far blows the others out of the water! A trick is to put this in the hair dry every now and then just to add potency to take out the brassy tones! Love love love.
Christina N.
Walker, MI
Purchased at: ULTA
This is my favorite purple shampoo. It definitely helps tone down the brassiness. I bought this after going from dark brown to blonde- I got it at Ulta for their buy one get one free deal and im so glad I gave it a try!
Emily P.
Does this purple shampoo dry out your hair at all? My hair gets super brassy and I love purple shampoo but I need one that's moisturizing and not drying. Thoughts on this one?
Kelly H.
I'm looking for a new purple shampoo that will get rid of any brassiness I have in my hair. I just recently got my hair re-dyed and want the blonde to be vibrant blonde. What's a really good purple shampoo!?
Does it help lighten your hair even after months of dying it?
Megan S.
St johns, CA
Does this work well my hair is kinda orange color would this work ??
Alaryn H.
Brashear, TX
How does this purple shampoo compare to others? I am looking for a really good one and i have yet to find one i am absolutely in love with!!! Names and Brands of ones yall love please!

Amazon