BY JOICO #9 in Shampoo

Stay true to your color with Joico's color balance purple shampoo for long lasting, vibrant color while protecting your hair's natural health. Perfect choice for blonde's, this unique color correcting formula preserves the cool tone in your hair and keeps brassiness at bay. Containing the most beneficial ingredients and striving to keep constantly up-to-date with technology, Joico upholds its reputation of being the leader in beauty innovation. Joico gives you the power to transform hair and transform people.

• Does this make your hair more blonde and does it lighten ...2 Answers
  • Does it help lighten your hair even after months of dying...4 Answers
  • How good is it? I want to bleach my hair blonde but i am ...1 Answers
Ryan S.
Penryn, CA
This stuff was amazing! I got it on sale at ULTA the 2 for 20 deal, so I picked this up along with it's matching conditioner. I was between this and their blonde shampoo in the white bottle, when I went to check the product out in store this product was purple and the product in the white bottle wasn't. Because I understand the science/theory behind the purple shampoo for platinum hair I got this one. One of the reviews I had read said it smelled like bubblegum, I found it smelled more like mixed berry, so unless your bubblegum is mixed berry, I wouldn't say it smells like bubble gum! The consitencey of this product is almost like a Nickelodeon slime. It's a very dark purple, and my first time use I actually applied it to my hair dry to get the maximum benefit of the toner. (If you have severely damaged hair this may turn your hair purple as any toner would) my hair is chemically processed, but not bad, which is why I felt safe to apply it dry. I followed up with the joico conditioner when I went into the shower to rinse it off after leaving it in for about 2.5 to 3 minutes. When I got out and dried my hair it looked like I had just retoned my hair with wella's t-18 toner! I would highly recommend this to anyone that is fighting yellow in their hair. They also make a blue shampoo for people that have a problem with orange!
Krysia S.
Baton Rouge, LA
I use both this shampoo and conditioner when I have my hair highlighted because I prefer my blonde on the neutral to ashy side - my skin is super pink, so golden blonde is not a good look for me. This shampoo really helps me maintain my color between toners/touchups. However, I do find myself having to use a little bit more product than I would expect when washing my hair. I don't mind it too much, but since it is a bit more expensive than a normal shampoo & conditioner I don't use it every day so I can stretch it out.
Morgan L.
Mc Donald, OH
I loved this product. This was the first purple shampoo I ever tried and I have to say it’s pretty great. It really does even out all of the brassy tones in your hair and gives you beautiful ashy tones instead. The only problem I had with this product was its inability to lather well. Other than that, the product is great!
Casey T.
I have balayaged hair and so I use this to keep the blonde in my hair from getting brassy. I love it! Yes, the bottle may seem small but you shouldn’t use this for every hair wash either because it can dry your hair out. I use it every 3-4 shampoos and it has lasted me a long time. I apply it to my hair, scrub it in, and then let it sit in my hair for 3-5 minutes before rinsing. It really does make a noticeable difference to my blonde! Pick it up at ulta when it is 2 for $20 for a better deal!!
Angie R.
South Gate , CA
I was skeptical about using this shampoo. The L'Oreal Paris EverPure dried my hair out so much, my hair was breaking off and looked horrible. So finding a new purple shampoo was something I needed to do. I bought this shampoo along with the conditioner while it was on sale at Ulta, buy one get one half off. And I fell in love with this! My hair was getting brighter and lighter. I would wash my hair with this once a week, and would always get compliments and was asked if I just left the salon. The condition left my locks so hydrated and soft. This is the perfect combination for bleach hair. I recommend this for people looking for a purple shampoo. And I always stay stack up on this combination since I bleach my hair platinum blonde.
Samantha S.
Silver Spring, MD
I recently died my hair blonde, and I asked my stylist what product would allow me to keep my color looking vibrant. As someone whose hair naturally pulls red tones, brassiness was a huge concern for me. Well, this product takes the cake. It smells wonderful and my hair is noticeably cooler toned after using it. The lower price point is an added plus that for high-end hair care. Most other toning shampoos and conditions are $5-10 more expensive.
Bethany K.
Lackawanna, NY
Really like this. Takes away the brassy color of my blonde hair. I took away one star simply based on the price, but that could be just because I get it at the salon and they hike up their prices. You will definitely need a good conditioner after using this shampoo. I use this product most days--and I would say it's the reason I get stopped by strangers at work and the grocery store about how I got my hair the color it is.
Hayley R.
I like how this shampoo and conditioner brings out my blonde better, but it doesn't seem to leave my hair very soft and it's pretty disappointing to me. This is the only purple shampoo I've tried and it was recommended to me from my hair stylist so I purchased it. I'm not sure if I'll repurchase it again for that reason. I love having soft hair and this just doesn't do it for me, unfortunately.
Susie E.
De verdad quería amar este producto pero la verdad es que hace que mi cabello se caiga y quede rasposo Pero me gusta mucho cómo protege el color creo que es mi cabello si se aplica de 2 a 3 veces por semana quedaré calva el precio no está malo porque si es buen producto sólo que se me cae el cabello y me lo deja muy rasposo porque mi cabello es muy fino muy delgado Por decirlo así
Meghan R.
Unionville, MI
Got this from Ulta when it was on sale and I’m so glad I did! It smells so nice and also works well. I leave this on my hair in the shower for about 5 mins every time I wash my hair now because I am trying to lighten up my highlights and take the rusty tone out of my hair! It has made my highlights almost platinum/gray and I’m loving the way it is turning out
Emily P.
Does this purple shampoo dry out your hair at all? My hair gets super brassy and I love purple shampoo but I need one that's moisturizing and not drying. Thoughts on this one?
Kelly H.
I'm looking for a new purple shampoo that will get rid of any brassiness I have in my hair. I just recently got my hair re-dyed and want the blonde to be vibrant blonde. What's a really good purple shampoo!?
Alaryn H.
Brashear, TX
How does this purple shampoo compare to others? I am looking for a really good one and i have yet to find one i am absolutely in love with!!! Names and Brands of ones yall love please!
Does it help lighten your hair even after months of dying it?
Megan S.
St. John's
Does this work well my hair is kinda orange color would this work ??