BY JOICO #4 in Shampoo

Stay true to your color with Joico's color balance purple shampoo for long lasting, vibrant color while protecting your hair's natural health. Perfect choice for blonde's, this unique color correcting formula preserves the cool tone in your hair and keeps brassiness at bay. Containing the most beneficial ingredients and striving to keep constantly up-to-date with technology, Joico upholds its reputation of being the leader in beauty innovation. Joico gives you the power to transform hair and transform people.

• Does it help lighten your hair even after months of dying it?4 Answers
  • How good is it? I want to bleach my hair blonde but i am scared t...1 Answers
  • How much is it Canadian? Do you see results right... Be the first to answer!
Ryan S.
This stuff was amazing! I got it on sale at ULTA the 2 for 20 deal, so I picked this up along with it's matching conditioner. I was between this and their blonde shampoo in the white bottle, when I went to check the product out in store this product was purple and the product in the white bottle wasn't. Because I understand the science/theory behind the purple shampoo for platinum hair I got this one. One of the reviews I had read said it smelled like bubblegum, I found it smelled more like mixed berry, so unless your bubblegum is mixed berry, I wouldn't say it smells like bubble gum! The consitencey of this product is almost like a Nickelodeon slime. It's a very dark purple, and my first time use I actually applied it to my hair dry to get the maximum benefit of the toner. (If you have severely damaged hair this may turn your hair purple as any toner would) my hair is chemically processed, but not bad, which is why I felt safe to apply it dry. I followed up with the joico conditioner when I went into the shower to rinse it off after leaving it in for about 2.5 to 3 minutes. When I got out and dried my hair it looked like I had just retoned my hair with wella's t-18 toner! I would highly recommend this to anyone that is fighting yellow in their hair. They also make a blue shampoo for people that have a problem with orange!
Angie R.
South Gate , CA
I was skeptical about using this shampoo. The L'Oreal Paris EverPure dried my hair out so much, my hair was breaking off and looked horrible. So finding a new purple shampoo was something I needed to do. I bought this shampoo along with the conditioner while it was on sale at Ulta, buy one get one half off. And I fell in love with this! My hair was getting brighter and lighter. I would wash my hair with this once a week, and would always get compliments and was asked if I just left the salon. The condition left my locks so hydrated and soft. This is the perfect combination for bleach hair. I recommend this for people looking for a purple shampoo. And I always stay stack up on this combination since I bleach my hair platinum blonde.
Samantha S.
Silver Spring, MD
I recently died my hair blonde, and I asked my stylist what product would allow me to keep my color looking vibrant. As someone whose hair naturally pulls red tones, brassiness was a huge concern for me. Well, this product takes the cake. It smells wonderful and my hair is noticeably cooler toned after using it. The lower price point is an added plus that for high-end hair care. Most other toning shampoos and conditions are $5-10 more expensive.
Liza V.
I absolutely love this shampoo. Started using it for the first time recently. I use to use Fanola No Yellow Shampoo, but I prefer this one. It doesn’t stain your fingers at all. It’s nice and rich so a little goes a long way. It’s a deep purple too which works best for removing yellow tones and brassiness in hair. It’s reasonably priced. Especially compared to the Fanola brand. I highly recommend it!!
Tabitha C.
Bowling Green, KY
I’m a hairdresser, so finding a GREAT toning shampoo for our clients is hard! This JOICO shampoo is AMAZING! With instructions, my clients are able to eliminate that frustrating brassiness that all blondes develop. Most can use once a week and it’s a better transition for their hair until their next appointment. I keep on the backbar at the salon as well! One of the most pigmented purple shampoos I’ve found!! Plus, the price is so reasonable!!
Susie E.
De verdad quería amar este producto pero la verdad es que hace que mi cabello se caiga y quede rasposo Pero me gusta mucho cómo protege el color creo que es mi cabello si se aplica de 2 a 3 veces por semana quedaré calva el precio no está malo porque si es buen producto sólo que se me cae el cabello y me lo deja muy rasposo porque mi cabello es muy fino muy delgado Por decirlo así
Meghan R.
Unionville, MI
Got this from Ulta when it was on sale and I’m so glad I did! It smells so nice and also works well. I leave this on my hair in the shower for about 5 mins every time I wash my hair now because I am trying to lighten up my highlights and take the rusty tone out of my hair! It has made my highlights almost platinum/gray and I’m loving the way it is turning out
Stacie D.
Jacksonville, NC
I have tried SO MANY brands of purple shampoos keeping all of the following in mind: how it preserves blonde toner, how it keeps my hair moisturized, if it does any damage to my curls, and how often I need to use it. This is THE ONE. it smells delicious, and it does not dry out/damage my curls whatsoever! It also preserves my toner longer than any other brand.
Frances G.
El Paso, TX
I love this, especially the smell, it smells amazing. I just recently got my hair lighten which was my first session maybe out of 3. And I noticed a little bit of yellow tones in my hair. So since Ulta was having a sale I got a big bottle of this for 15 bucks which is half of what it normally costs. I put it on my dry hair waited about half an hour and showered. It didn’t leave my hair dry at all which what I really liked. And I noticed a slight difference in the yellow tone so I am excited to see the outcome with a few more uses.
Courtney E.
Bauxite, AR
This shampoo is great for platinum blondes! It really keeps the brassiness out if my hair and makes it really white. It's easy to use and doesn't stain your hands. You put it in your hair after you've shampooed and let it sit for about a minute and then rinse it out. I definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a purple shampoo.
Emily P.
Does this purple shampoo dry out your hair at all? My hair gets super brassy and I love purple shampoo but I need one that's moisturizing and not drying. Thoughts on this one?
Kelly H.
I'm looking for a new purple shampoo that will get rid of any brassiness I have in my hair. I just recently got my hair re-dyed and want the blonde to be vibrant blonde. What's a really good purple shampoo!?
Alaryn H.
Brashear, TX
How does this purple shampoo compare to others? I am looking for a really good one and i have yet to find one i am absolutely in love with!!! Names and Brands of ones yall love please!
Does it help lighten your hair even after months of dying it?
Megan S.
St. John's
Does this work well my hair is kinda orange color would this work ??