BY JOICO #61 in Shampoo

Stay true to your color with Joico's color balance purple shampoo for long lasting, vibrant color while protecting your hair's natural health. Perfect choice for blonde's, this unique color correcting formula preserves the cool tone in your hair and keeps brassiness at bay. Containing the most beneficial ingredients and striving to keep constantly up-to-date with technology, Joico upholds its reputation of being the leader in beauty innovation. Joico gives you the power to transform hair and transform people.

• What's the best shampoo to use for blonde hair? I really want to ...2 Answers
  • Does this purple shampoo dry out your hair at all? My hair gets s...4 Answers
  • Hi, I'm looking for a purple shampoo, has anyonw used it? Does it...1 Answers
Sara T.
Warrington, PA
Before I bought this shampoo I had used a drug store brand purple "treatment" while it worked for the price this was by far a better choice. I have been every shade of blonde under the sun, and as a natural blonde I find my hair changing to a brassy blonde after a couple of washes. Using this shampoo once a week has helped me to keep my hair brass free. It also smells amazing. I just have to be careful not to leave it in too long and to clean off the splatter I create from suddsing it up, for I fear it will stain the tile purple! Great product that truly works. It seems a little expensive but I've had the same bottle for MONTHS now because of the infrequent usage.
Allie C.
Having spent the last five years as a platinum blonde, purple shampoo has long been an important part of my life. As a stylist in a salon that primarily uses Joico color and product, Ive used both the original purple Color Care shampoo and conditioner as well as this. I expected this to be way more pigmented than the original, the better to maintain my newly silver-toned strands. I was disappointed when i squeezed a glob of shampoo into my hand and found it not nearly as purple as my old standby. Bottom line: more purple = less yellow. Will not repurchase disappointingly pale shampoo.
Jennifer T.
I randomly bought this product at Ulta for my first hair dying process! I have dark Asian hair that my stylist had to bleach 3x so you can imagine how stubborn my hair is. After using this product it left hints of purple on my hair, which I was fine with. But after a week of having my hair dyed, unnoticed my hair was fading to his ugly brassy color. I could have been my stylist's fault for not doing a good enough job. But love the smell and how it lathers!
Shelby R.
Oceanside, CA
I bleach my hair and this is so perfect for keeping it toned down and preventing it from getting yellow and brassy. If you use it often, or throw some lemon juice on your damp hair before, it will get silvery and purple. I love it. If you don't want the purple, skip the shampoo the next time and it will wash out. I will keep buying!
samantha f.
St Augustine, FL
I have been using this consistently for 1 month. I love this shampoo. The only problem I had with it was that it was drying my hair out a little too much for my liking, but it didn't get overly dry. The thing I hated about it, I have shoulder length hair and I would have to use a lot each time bc it did NOT lather well at all.
Stacey T.
I love this color balance shampoo! I recently colored my hair ombre and balayge and this shampoo helps keep the color fresh and locked in. I also like the smell. Love the purple bottle it comes in. I use a conditioner after to keep my hair untangled and frizz-free. Great shampoo! I would recommend this for color-treated hair!
Lauren H.
This shampoo is phenomenal for blondes. I have my hair bleached every 6-9 weeks and this is my go to for blonde shampoo to keep my blonde bright. I have curly, frizzy hair and this always makes my hair look shiny and healthy! I love the way it smells and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to try a blonde shampoo!
Holly K.
Valparaiso, IN
Love it! Keeps my highlights bright and not yellow! Also it doesn't dry out my hair. I don't use conditioner after I shampoo with this, only my "it's a 10" spray for blondes. Never knew a purple shampoo is all I needed to brighten my highlights. I only use it 2x a week and I shampoo every day. Worth every penny!
Molly P.
Good shampoo to maintain your blonde hair. Just downside of it is that it does dried out your hair after rinsing it off. So I do suggest you use a good conditioner to get that softness of your hair back. I got mine for around 18 bucks I believe? I use it at least twice a week.
Mariah H.
First day using this product. I have brassy blonde hair, and really want to get all of it platinum blonde (bottom half is, just the part by my roots that is stubborn). The shampoo smells so good and has worked pretty well so far, can't wait to see in my next few washes!
Kelly H.
I'm looking for a new purple shampoo that will get rid of any brassiness I have in my hair. I just recently got my hair re-dyed and want the blonde to be vibrant blonde. What's a really good purple shampoo!?
Emily P.
Does this purple shampoo dry out your hair at all? My hair gets super brassy and I love purple shampoo but I need one that's moisturizing and not drying. Thoughts on this one?
Alaryn H.
Brashear, TX
How does this purple shampoo compare to others? I am looking for a really good one and i have yet to find one i am absolutely in love with!!! Names and Brands of ones yall love please!
Megan S.
St. John's
Does this work well my hair is kinda orange color would this work ??
Courtney G.
Broadview Hts, OH
I just purchased this off of Amazon after debating over about 4 different purple shampoos and previously have used Redken Blonde Idol and Clairol ShimmerLights. I have lavender colored hair that fades to a cool blonde and I was wondering if this will leave a purple tint on the hair like other purple shampoos? I wanted to try this one since it says it is super pigmented and I want to the purple tint left over since I have lavender hair already.