BY JOICO #11 in Shampoo

Stay true to your color with Joico's color balance purple shampoo for long lasting, vibrant color while protecting your hair's natural health. Perfect choice for blonde's, this unique color correcting formula preserves the cool tone in your hair and keeps brassiness at bay. Containing the most beneficial ingredients and striving to keep constantly up-to-date with technology, Joico upholds its reputation of being the leader in beauty innovation. Joico gives you the power to transform hair and transform people.

• Does this make your hair more blonde and does it lighten ...2 Answers
  • How much is it Canadian? Do you see results right away? T...1 Answers
  • Does it help lighten your hair even after months of dying...4 Answers
Ryan S.
Penryn, CA
This stuff was amazing! I got it on sale at ULTA the 2 for 20 deal, so I picked this up along with it's matching conditioner. I was between this and their blonde shampoo in the white bottle, when I went to check the product out in store this product was purple and the product in the white bottle wasn't. Because I understand the science/theory behind the purple shampoo for platinum hair I got this one. One of the reviews I had read said it smelled like bubblegum, I found it smelled more like mixed berry, so unless your bubblegum is mixed berry, I wouldn't say it smells like bubble gum! The consitencey of this product is almost like a Nickelodeon slime. It's a very dark purple, and my first time use I actually applied it to my hair dry to get the maximum benefit of the toner. (If you have severely damaged hair this may turn your hair purple as any toner would) my hair is chemically processed, but not bad, which is why I felt safe to apply it dry. I followed up with the joico conditioner when I went into the shower to rinse it off after leaving it in for about 2.5 to 3 minutes. When I got out and dried my hair it looked like I had just retoned my hair with wella's t-18 toner! I would highly recommend this to anyone that is fighting yellow in their hair. They also make a blue shampoo for people that have a problem with orange!
Lauren R.
I was skeptical at first, I’m used to purple shampoo being dark but this was a pale and pastel purple. I kept it in for 5 minutes and it definitely helped some of the brassy tones, not as much as I wanted but my hair is a little darker than it probably needs to be so I couldn’t fault the shampoo for that - after my next bleaching session where hopefully I’ll get to white it should be perfect. It is drying on your hair, so you don’t want to use it every time you shampoo and make sure you compliment it with a very good conditioner. Overall good product, I’d repurchase but probably only when I can get it on sale.
Debbie D.
Midway city, CA
So far so good! I was able to cop this during the ulta sale, so I got this + the matching conditioner for a whopping $25!!!
I noticed results after the second wash. I usually wait every 3 days to wash my hair. My friends even commented on how light my hair looks. I can’t wait for continuous use to achieve my desired color 😍
My hair is currently ashy blonde / brown balayage on dark Asian hair. It really helps with the brassiness but the only con is that it is pretty drying. Not really a problem though since I have the matching conditioner to balance it out
Jessica D.
The Woodlands
I love this purple shampoo. It keeps my icy blonde looking amazing. It has a wonderful smell. It’s affordable and the ease of purchasing it at the local ulta is great. But know that you are not to use it every time you shampoo. It can start to actually turn your hair a purplish color. Or dry your hair out really bad!
Krysia S.
Baton Rouge, LA
I use both this shampoo and conditioner when I have my hair highlighted because I prefer my blonde on the neutral to ashy side - my skin is super pink, so golden blonde is not a good look for me. This shampoo really helps me maintain my color between toners/touchups. However, I do find myself having to use a little bit more product than I would expect when washing my hair. I don't mind it too much, but since it is a bit more expensive than a normal shampoo & conditioner I don't use it every day so I can stretch it out.
Morgan L.
Mc Donald, OH
I loved this product. This was the first purple shampoo I ever tried and I have to say it’s pretty great. It really does even out all of the brassy tones in your hair and gives you beautiful ashy tones instead. The only problem I had with this product was its inability to lather well. Other than that, the product is great!
Casey T.
I have balayaged hair and so I use this to keep the blonde in my hair from getting brassy. I love it! Yes, the bottle may seem small but you shouldn’t use this for every hair wash either because it can dry your hair out. I use it every 3-4 shampoos and it has lasted me a long time. I apply it to my hair, scrub it in, and then let it sit in my hair for 3-5 minutes before rinsing. It really does make a noticeable difference to my blonde! Pick it up at ulta when it is 2 for $20 for a better deal!!
Angie R.
South Gate, CA
I was skeptical about using this shampoo. The L'Oreal Paris EverPure dried my hair out so much, my hair was breaking off and looked horrible. So finding a new purple shampoo was something I needed to do. I bought this shampoo along with the conditioner while it was on sale at Ulta, buy one get one half off. And I fell in love with this! My hair was getting brighter and lighter. I would wash my hair with this once a week, and would always get compliments and was asked if I just left the salon. The condition left my locks so hydrated and soft. This is the perfect combination for bleach hair. I recommend this for people looking for a purple shampoo. And I always stay stack up on this combination since I bleach my hair platinum blonde.
Dorel A.
Las Vegas, NV
I absolutely love this purple shampoo, lathers on nicely (really foam like). Simply wet hair with warm water & put a bit of this and wait 3min before rinsing off. I got it on Ulta for the 2 for $20 special; I’m very satisfied with it, best purple shampoo for its price range. If you like a hint of lavender in your hair leave it on a tad longer & you’ll see results.
Samantha S.
Silver Spring, MD
I recently died my hair blonde, and I asked my stylist what product would allow me to keep my color looking vibrant. As someone whose hair naturally pulls red tones, brassiness was a huge concern for me. Well, this product takes the cake. It smells wonderful and my hair is noticeably cooler toned after using it. The lower price point is an added plus that for high-end hair care. Most other toning shampoos and conditions are $5-10 more expensive.
Emily P.
Does this purple shampoo dry out your hair at all? My hair gets super brassy and I love purple shampoo but I need one that's moisturizing and not drying. Thoughts on this one?
Kelly H.
I'm looking for a new purple shampoo that will get rid of any brassiness I have in my hair. I just recently got my hair re-dyed and want the blonde to be vibrant blonde. What's a really good purple shampoo!?
Alaryn H.
Brashear, TX
How does this purple shampoo compare to others? I am looking for a really good one and i have yet to find one i am absolutely in love with!!! Names and Brands of ones yall love please!
Does it help lighten your hair even after months of dying it?
Megan S.
St. John's
Does this work well my hair is kinda orange color would this work ??