BY JOICO #4 in Hair Color

The shampoo and conditioner preserves 89 percent of your precious hair-color for nearly eight full weeks by bonding to hair fibers The color-correcting conditioner instantly manages to neutralize nasty brassy tones, and preserves 89 percent of hair color for up to eight full weeks. see more...

• I'm confused about this product. Which one works better, ...1 Answers
  • My natural hair color is a little darker blonde than what...1 Answers
  • Just got my hair done platinum blonde. Was wondering if t...1 Answers
Stephannie K.
Fairfax, VA
I've had salon color treated hair for about 3 years now. My natural hair color is a dark brunette/almost black and I went blonde. A blonde balayage to be specific. My hair gets brassy very easily, so it's important that I use the right shampoo and conditioner to keep my hair the ashy blonde that I want! My sister also has a blonde balayage in and she recommended the Joico purple shampoo and conditioner to me, but unfortunately, it didn't work as well for me as it did for her. This shampoo dried out my hair immensely and I started flaking a little bit on my scalp because of it and I never ever had flaky scalp or dandruff before in my life until now. This shampoo and conditioner did work in the sense that my hair was no longer brassy, but it started to fade my hair to a more greenish ashy color which I didn't really like. I told my hairstylist and they said in my case, the shampoo and conditioner was working TOO well, so that's why my hair was getting to a greenish ashy color. Again, I'm assuming it's something with my hair that doesn't react well with this shampoo and conditioner because I know it works for other people it just wasn't a good match for me.

My hair type: thick, coarse, color-treated, damaged. Asian hair.
Dana M.
I did a ton of research before buying ANOTHER purple shampoo, but this product takes the cakes and it smells amazing.  The shampoo is has a very concentrated purple color, one which really sinks into my hair.  I leave the product on for about 5 minutes and then follow with Joico conditioner.  I have never found a light conditioner that really packs a punch like this product does.

I use this product about 2/3 times a week and if you wash your hair every other day, you could use this during every wash.  I find that using too much of any one type of purple shampoos leaves your hair dries but not this product!

You cannot beat the fact that you can purchase this during Ulta's 2/$20 sale that happens multiple times throughout the year!
Sandra M.
Milpitas, CA
I recently dyed my hair brown but before I used to have blond highlights. I would use this shampoo once a week and I could just notice my hair coming back to life. My hair was not brassy and the blond was really vibrant. If you have blond hair this is a must.
liz f.
I'm not the biggest fan of this product. Unfortunately my skin got an allergy reaction by using this shampoo and conditioner. Besides all of that it was keeping my hair light and kept my color looking beautiful. I was satisfied for what it did to my hair but really disappointed that it made my skin really dry and irritated. Obviously everyone has different reactions to this but i personally won't buy this again.
Ellie P.
Mckeesport, PA
I love this shampoo and conditioner. It keeps my hair looking healthy and depending how long I leave the shampoo and conditioner in dictates the shade of blonde my hair will be. Keeps the brassy yellow tone out of dyed blonde hair!
Daniela C.
SAN JUAN, TX
been using this duo for a few months now and im glad I do, my hair is a very nice blonde.. no yellow tones or anything. The shampoo doesn't dry out my hair at all and the conditioner really makes it nice and smooth. Will keep using this while my hair is blonde
Alexis W.
Oceana, WV
I recently purchased these from Ulta because they were having a buy 2 get 1 free deal. I was so excited to try them out and I was not disappointed afterwards. They are not harsh, they leave my hair soft and looking great. I could already tell a difference after the first use that it was lightening my hair and making it brighter. I can’t wait to keep seeing the results! I highly recommend this shampoo and conditioner.
Jessie H.
It gets the job done in toning my super blonde hair. I wish it was more cleansing however I just go ahead and use a cleansing shampoo first then the purple shampoo. I think it helps eliminate yellow tones and nourishes my hair.
Brandi B.
Waterloo, IA
I used to color my hair purple. My stylist recommended this combo to help extend the life of my color. It definitely helped! I would recommend Joico to others and I would definitely purchase for myself again
amani K.
el paso , tx
Love this product I will always recommend this product to my clients that go blonde just put the product in and leave it in for a good hour and then put a moisturizing hair mask! Also only use once a week!
Jasmine G.
Does it actually work ? can you tell the difference ? I am currently using a different brand and want to try this one out
Felicia M.
Eugene, OR
My stylist said I should look for a purple shampoo to help keep the blonde/tone in my hair. Is this worth it?
Amber H.
Newcastle , ME
My natural hair is extremely dark so when I decided to do an ombré I have to take frequent trips to the salon to add more highlights and tone to brassy times in my hair. Would this be an easier way to save time and money from going to the salon to have my blonde touched up? I've never used a purple shampoo before
Huong L.
Frisco , TX
I've been using this shampoo a few times already and it's staining the tips of my nails purple. Has this happened to anyone else??
Amanda  G.
St Petersburg, FL
I've been looking for a good purple shampoo and conditioner that doesn't dry out your hair will mildly toning your hair does this work well with ashy blonde silvers?