BY JOHNSONVILLE #65 in Sausages

Johnsonville® Hot Italian Sausage.
BHA, propyl gallate, citric acid added to help protect flavor.
Only premium cuts of pork.
Crushed red pepper and spice blend.
U.S. inspected and passed by department of agriculture. Est. 5536.

Maggie J.
Gilbert, AZ
Our family likes using these hot sausages for our Italian meatballs. They’re just spicy enough to give the meatballs a nice kick. I think it’s always a good deal and it’s our go to sausages for any sausage meal.
Nicole M.
Milford, DE
These are my favorite. I have noticed I can't find them in food lion anymore so I am on the hunt for them elsewhere! They are great in flavor and never get dried out. Even good the next day!
Whitney A.
Mineral, VA
My husband and I first got into this sausage (hot and the mild) when we were living in our first apartment together. We used it to make savory pasta dishes like Giada does on Food Network. We still use it for weeknight meals or when we want to make a spicy chili. It cooks great both in the casing and out. It browns beautifully and it renders enough fat to be good but not so much that it grosses you out. We really enjoy the heat this sausage provides and find it to be universally likeable. It might be too hot for kids? But not positive about that. Otherwise, highly recommended!
Alexandria Jasmin Kane k.
Courtenay, BC
Love these! I always add a pack of these and some ground beef to my spaghetti the sausages taste really great and the right amount of spice, if you slice them up and sauté them with a bit of ground beef and then add a can of diced tomatoes and a can of crushed tomatoes with a mixture of spices (I like everything super spicy but it's up to you p.s always add a pinch of sugar to anything acidic to make the flavour balance out better) and herbs I usually let it boil on the stove on a low heat for 40 mins before adding veggies and boiling water for the pasta
Shanna P.
EL PASO, TX
I use this sausage a lot, whether I’m making meatballs for soup, a pasta and even homemade pizza. I’ll take the sausage out of the casing and crumble it, then top my homemade ciabatta bread pizzas with it. I really love the flavor and texture of this sausage!
Jenny R.
I try to get chicken sausage instead of regular as it’s healthier and I find it quite tasty. When I do indulge in regular Italian sausage johnsonville is always a decent pick. It’s not off the deli counter amazing but it’s always good and flavorful and cooks well on a grill or in the oven
Emily A.
We can NOT make spaghetti without this sausage. If you cut them into rounds and cook them in a pan remove them when they’re done, then add onions and garlic sauté. You will have the most incredible flavor!!
Anesa  B.
ATLANTA, GA
I like to use this hot version to add kick to my pasta dishes and lasagna meats. I typically go with Johnsonville because of the pricing and the taste and it hasn't disappointed me. Great flavor, great price - grab it from Wal-Mart and you're good to go.
Lexi M.
Reseda, CA
Be warned! These are pretty freakin spicy! And I’m a Hispanic and can normally handle spicy foods 😂 but they’re pretty dang yummy! If you can handle spice (or at least put up with it 😂) is highly recommend these
Katie L.
I love these sausages! I use them in my pasta salad and even though I make them in large batches my family eats it all. They are hot but not overly hot so its family friendly. I cut them in half and cook them then chop it up and put it in with pasta, italian dressing, red onions, and peppers. I actually just bought a new batch of them and will do so again.
Janelle H.
Charleston, WV
Would these be good if added to ground beef and pork to make meatballs? Would the be overwhelmingly spicy?
Stephanie G.
How hot is hot? I enjoy spicy foods, but sometimes I find foods labeled like this to be a bit mild.