Johnson and Johnson Purpose: Gentle Cleansing Wash   uploaded by Rebecca K. Johnson and Johnson Purpose: Gentle Cleansing Wash   uploaded by kira r.

BY JOHNSON & JOHNSON

• I have very dry skin but break out very easily. Would thi...1 Answers
  • Is this a good product?6 Answers
  • I would try just about anything Johnson & Johnson mak...5 Answers
Johnson and Johnson Purpose: Gentle Cleansing Wash
  • "This is a good cleanser it isn't at all harsh but it truly does give a good cleaning unlike certain other cleansers (cetaphil). This cleanser is fragrance free and soap free a really good product for even the most sensitive skin types." in 61 reviews
  • "I personally decided to stop using it because it wasn't quite aggressive enough in removing makeup or fighting against a good case of acne." in 7 reviews
  • "It's gentle enough for you to clean off eye makeup too (haven't tried mascara, but I usually use eye makeup remover beforehand)." in 7 reviews
  • "Although I have found another cleanser that has the same ingredients and is cheaper; I will buy that one, but this one works great too!" in 5 reviews
  • "I have been using this face wash on my sensitive skin ever since my dermatologist recommended it YEARS ago." in 5 reviews
Linda L.
Sn Bernrdno, CA
This is the only facial cleansing wash that my daughters and I will use. Most other things will cause us to break out worse, or cause sores/burns on my oldest daughters face. Not even sure why. Thank goodness I can still get Purpose at a decent price on Amazon! As I can't find it at my local Walmart anymore. *grumble* Whatever. I'm glad to have something gentle and still cleansing for us! Great for sensitive skin users and not so sensitive skin.
Taylor H.
I've been using Purpose for year! Before using Purpose, I used really rough cleansers that stripped my face of its natural oils. When I started using purpose I noticed an immediate difference - my face didn't get as oily as often, my face was soft and I felt confident. I use this product twice a day.
panda g.
East Hartford, CT
I have oily skin so I switched facial products recently. This works really well with my skin. I use a pore spin brush to wash my face morning and night. The shine has decreased and it has helped my oily skin.
Janice J.
Durango
I use the Baby wash and Shampoo for my facial wash, and it is the absolute BEST. It doesn’t dry out my skin and does not make t too oily. It is super great for my sensitive and red skin!
Anna K.
Brooklyn, NY
I have dry skin that breaks out easily so finding a cleanser that is not too harsh but actually does a good job cleaning my skin has been difficult. I'm so happy to find this cleanser! I use it in the morning and it's super gentle and leaves my skin soft and not feeling tight. It also cleans really well... my pores are less congested and I break out less when I use it.

I'm so happy to find a great cleanser at an amazing price... one bottle lasts me at least 6 months. I also love the pump, as it makes it easier to get the product out in the right quantity.
Suzette G.
Florida
It received an Editor's Choice Award in 2008 by allure, so I knew this would be a good product to try and on reading the bottle, it says it's "dermatologist recommended, gentle as water, soap-free, hypoallergenic, won't clog pores." There are so many claims on this bottle it's overwhelming, but makes me want to test this wash out even more!! I was so excited to test it out, I came home from Target, and started washing the makeup off my face. I wear a full face of makeup, primer, foundation, concealer, bronzer, blush, lip stick, lip liner, eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara. I wet my face with warm water, squirt a dime sized amount of wash on my hands and started rubbing together with my other hand. I wanted to test the first claim that it's soap-free so I purposefully kept my eyes open to see how much they would burn and how much I'd scream, but nothing happened! :] I wear contacts as well which are super reactive to EVERYTHING, but nothing happened! Then, I washed my entire face and dabbed dry with a towel. The biggest shock out of the whole experience is the fact that my eye makeup was totally goneeee! Not just my eyeshadow, but my eyeliner AND mascara; in the history of my life, there has never been a face wash that has removed my eye makeup. That sealed the deal. I didn't break out after my face was dry, it was super soft, and there wasn't a harsh smell that lingered all day. This is my new and permanent face wash...I am so in love a day after I bought the 6 oz I went back to the store and bought the 12 fl oz size to make sure I had a backup. PLEASE try this face wash, it's addicting!!!
Theresa M.
Lafayette, LA
This face soap is extremely underrated. It was recommended to me by a dermatologist as an inexpensive acne treatment and the doctor was 100% correct. At just under $5, this is a little miracle worker.

This soap clears acne quickly and evens and brightens the complexion without drying the skin. However, it doesn't remove makeup well at all, so any makeup needs to be removed prior to face washing.
Charlee S.
Murrells Inlt, SC
One of my favorite drugstore cleansers! It's super gentle and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all. It leaves my skin feeling clean without being overly dry and uncomfortable. If you want a simple cleanser from the drugstore that's super affordable I would recommend this one.
Andrea A.
Edmond, OK
When I went to a dermatologist, she recommended I use this cleaner. It gets the makeup off, and left my skin feeling clean and refreshed. I really enjoyed the smell also. For the price, it really can't be beat. Even didn't even irritate my sensitive skin!
Jessica C.
Rockville, MD
I've used this for many years. It really works great. Super gentle but removes makeup with ease! If you have sensitive skin but need a good cleanser that removes daily debris I recommend this. Last along time as well.
Ashlee W.
Morgantown, WV
Does anyone else use this with a Clarisonic?
Lucian D.
Is this a good product?
Michele B.
Naples, ME
I would try just about anything Johnson & Johnson makes....would you?
Michelle A.
Hayward, CA
I have very dry skin but break out very easily. Would this be an appropriate cleanser that's strong enough to wash off my make up but wont overly strip my skin of its natural oils.
Tiara S.
Can this clean makeup (foundation, concealer & powder) without double cleansing?