BY JOHNNIE WALKER #33 in Whiskey

• My husband loves whiskey: eagle rare, angels envy, basil haden, e...1 Answers
  • What is your favorite way to enjoy blue label. Ice? Drops of wate...9 Answers
Chris A.
Bakersfield, CA
My wife bought this for me as an anniversary gift. This has to be my favorite scotch I have ever had. Unlike other scotches, this doesn't require ice/water to drink. The only way to drink this is neat, delicious sip after sip. If this is out of your price range, Johnnie Walker Black is an excellent substitute. If you ever get a chance to try the Blue, I highly recommend it!
Tori H.
Sarasota, FL
But really how many people that reviewed Johnny Walker Blue actually have tried it at $200+ a bottle. I've only had it twice as a server at an upscale steak house, we charge $52 a shot of this liquid gold. I can't deny that its unbelievably delicious, yet as consumers I think we let the price tag guide the overall appeal of this scotch. I'll drink it when its around but I would never personally buy it (unless I hit a jackpot $$$ and it that case my cabinets would be filled)
Brandy W.
Federalsburg, MD
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
Johnny Walker blue is by far the best Johnny there is. Smooth, rich and guaranteed to make a good night! We like it on the rocks, but it's great with coke as well.
Keiry d.
Queens Vlg, NY
Smooth with flavors of oak and smokiness and hints of sweetness in the background. It has a smooth medium finish with an interior warming feeling. The taste is superb and easily superior to other blended and many other single malt scotch (depending on your taste). Just an excellent taste and should be savored by any scotch aficionado. Should be in every scotch enthusiast's bar. Cheers!
Amanda M.
Ware, MA
I've owned every bottle of Johnny Walker there is, and that includes the Double Black before it was even imported into the US. In fact, I buy a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue for my fiance every anniversary as a tradition. He likes it, but I think that's because it tastes like money. Me? I think the black is the best-tasting Johnny Walker there is. So in terms of a ratings scale I have to give a admittedly blasphemous C because I think people just like it for the price. It's really not the best tasting bottle they make.
Calvin Y.
Baltimore, MD
As far as whisky goes, I think more people know of blue label than anything else. It's got high prestige factor, and doesn't taste bad at all.

The main problem is, is that compared to other scotches, especially single malt scotches, Blue Label can't compare in terms of both taste, strength, and in price. This is a big problem for most consumers.

It's a good drink to try once, but not more than that. You can find much, MUCH better bang for your buck elsewhere.
Linda T.
Charlotte, NC
This stuff is gooood. I didn't see the appeal in drinking in college and most drinks I tried were unpleasant until I tried this one! It's smooth and has a great taste. In China a popular mixer with this is sweet green tea and it might sound weird at first but it actually delicious!

Let me know if you find this review helpful!
Lisa Q.
marksville, LA
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
Some whiskies tend to improve and reveal more tastes once some air is in the bottle.... I'm about a quarter way through a litre bottle and it already tastes different then when first opened. First few sips weren't amazing - very nice but not too complex, but now the whisky has really opened up revealing peach, subtle smoke, sweet stewed fruits, and a spicy floral quality. Works well with a touch of water. Yes, it's probably over-priced but it give it some time and a little breathing space and you'll find a blended whisky of supreme quality. Rather classy.
Larissa M.
Cpe Girardeau, MO
Yes Johnnie Walker Blue is expensive, we all know that. But for the price, the taste is wonderful. I don't mind paying the cost to be the boss, when I have it..lol!!!!!

Mind you, this is not a liquor you are going to drink on everyday. You are not going to mix this randomly or even allow others to pour freely. You will be enjoying this with people who can appreciate it and the cost it comes with.

If you can swing it, I say try it.
Kaylee S.
Hopewell jct , NY
Well, i can honestly say i have never sipped a shot before until someone graciously handed me some of this liquid gold. This is to be ENJOYED, especially with its price tag. If you've got the cash it its something to treat yourself with but on my budget i will not be purchasing this for myself anytime soon.
ANGELA R.
Winston Salem , NC
I have tried the Johnny Walker Red. Is the Blue or Black any better?
Jessi L.
Okemah, OK
Is this crazy expensive?
Sherman T.
El Paso, TX
With all the labels out there i personally find the Blue label better tasting than the green or gold, anyone else share this preference?
Njeri H.
Philadelphia, PA
I've heard of this before but is it any good?
Danielle L.
What is the difference between all the different colors of Johnny walker