BY JOHN VARVATOS

John Varvatos Vintage Eau de Toilette Spray, 2.5 oz. Beauty Beauty Brands - MORE BEAUTY BRANDS - SHOP ALL FRAGRANCE BRANDS see more...

Buy on Sephora*
Elizabeth E.
Iowa Park, TX
I got this as a sample with scentbird and oh my word, it smells amazing. If John Varvatos didn’t make amazing scents, being made in America is a great point for them as well. When my husband wore this, he always got compliments. It smells so sexy, I could barely keep my hands off him every time he wore it. I immediately went out and bought him a full size and tested a few others from this same brand. There is only one fragrance of his I don’t care for, but they all smell amazing. Lasts a long time too without being overpowering
Carla B.
Tampa, FL
It kind of reminds me of crisp fall mornings in a lakefront lodge and it would go well for people like posh adventurers and luxe outdoorsmen. It has notes of amber, coriander and of leather. I would buy it for a guy in my life.
Elyse A.
Henrico, VA
I love I love I love this scent on my boyfriend. He has always been an outdoorsy, workin'-with-his-hands type. I wanted to get something for him to wear when we go out that a.) he would like, and b.) would reflect the type of guy he is. Vintage perfectly captured that.

I'll start out by saying this is a fairly modern scent. That's not to say it's for the well-off young professional at the club (1 Million comes to mind). It just definitely reflects what comes to mind when modern people of my age THINK vintage /things/ smell like, and not actually what vintage scents are like! I'd still recommend it for 25+ in age.

On my boyfriend, the fir stands out more than anything. "Smells like tree sap-- I like it!" he said! And he's right! The suede and tobacco are definitely in there, as well as the tonka beans and cinnamon. The sweetness is there but so so faint on my boyfriend. Your mileage may vary, of course, but don't buy this one for that.

Sillage and projection is nice for a very short amount of time, then stays close to the skin for about 5 hours. Not great longevity, obviously, but I like the scent enough to forgive that.
Vivian C.
Seattle, WA
This was my first full size perfume purchase, and a great starter perfume for those who enjoy warm, spicy and woody scents. It is quite universal and wears hugely differently on different skin. On me, warm vintage leather spicy pepper and slightly sweet tobacco arise. It is a smell that feels like being wrapped in a cozy, borrowed leather jacket from a different decade. On others it has come a cross entirely green or entirely spicy, the rhubarb and jasmine notes shining when they don't on me. I am a huge fan of this scent despite the short longevity of it on skin, it is just wonderfully balanced and does say "vintage".
Lori L.
Mcallen, TX
I'm extremely particular on fragrances and this is 1 of the 2 fragrances that I actually consider to be masculine. I'm not sure what it is about the other fragrances for men, but they all seemed to be on the border of being able to pass as a fragrance for women too.
I like my man to smell like a man and this does the trick! A very nice citrus fragrance with sandalwood notes.
Tigran P.
Schaumburg, IL
This cologne is particularly strong in its scent, it's one of my favorites because of just that. it is different from all the others because of its musky properties. the cologne comes in multiple sized bottles, and John Varvatos has a box that holds three scents from the Vintage line.
Nick Y.
Rochester, NY
Yes.... I'll put it out there, now... I am not sure who likes it more between me and her. Distinguished, masculine scent in a very cool bottle. I got this for my birthday in a set with a travel bag and it included a travel spritzer of this awesome fragrance. It is, easily, one of my favorites.
Dalin A.
Sandy, UT
This cologne is absolutely wonderful! I love it, my girlfriend loves it on me! It's a citrus explosion followed by woody and musky notes and gives the impression of a timeless yet unique scent for the contemporary Renaissance man.
Tara C.
Altadena, CA
This smells amazing on my boyfriend. The people at Sephora were great and made a sample so he could try it first. I wear John Varvatos for Women so now we match!
Micaela B.
My husband loves this stuff. It has a nice manly smell but a bit too much of a hint of tobacco for me to love it. It does smell rich and masculine.