BY JOHN VARVATOS

This sensual, masculine fragrance is aromatic, with an assertive, spicy core and a warm, leathery-like background that makes it unique and inherently noble and gentlemanlike. Brisk Moroccan coastal plants spiked with piquant fruits, cinnamon tree leaves, pepper, lush florals, smooth woods, and Turkish tobacco make this scent truly unforgettable.

Notes:
Rhubarb, Santolina, Quince Paste, Silver Absinthe, Marine Fennel, Cubeb Peppers, Juniper Berries, White Lavender, Cinnamon Tree Leaves, Jasmine, Orris Root, Patchouli, Oak Moss, Fir Balsam, Ashwood, Tonka Beans, Tobacco Leaf, Madras Wood, Suede Accents.
Style:
Classic. Distinctive. Smooth.

Elizabeth E.
Iowa Park , TX
I got this as a sample with scentbird and oh my word, it smells amazing. If John Varvatos didn’t make amazing scents, being made in America is a great point for them as well. When my husband wore this, he always got compliments. It smells so sexy, I could barely keep my hands off him every time he wore it. I immediately went out and bought him a full size and tested a few others from this same brand. There is only one fragrance of his I don’t care for, but they all smell amazing. Lasts a long time too without being overpowering
Carla B.
Tampa, FL
It kind of reminds me of crisp fall mornings in a lakefront lodge and it would go well for people like posh adventurers and luxe outdoorsmen. It has notes of amber, coriander and of leather. I would buy it for a guy in my life.
Elyse A.
Henrico, VA
I love I love I love this scent on my boyfriend. He has always been an outdoorsy, workin'-with-his-hands type. I wanted to get something for him to wear when we go out that a.) he would like, and b.) would reflect the type of guy he is. Vintage perfectly captured that.

I'll start out by saying this is a fairly modern scent. That's not to say it's for the well-off young professional at the club (1 Million comes to mind). It just definitely reflects what comes to mind when modern people of my age THINK vintage /things/ smell like, and not actually what vintage scents are like! I'd still recommend it for 25+ in age.

On my boyfriend, the fir stands out more than anything. "Smells like tree sap-- I like it!" he said! And he's right! The suede and tobacco are definitely in there, as well as the tonka beans and cinnamon. The sweetness is there but so so faint on my boyfriend. Your mileage may vary, of course, but don't buy this one for that.

Sillage and projection is nice for a very short amount of time, then stays close to the skin for about 5 hours. Not great longevity, obviously, but I like the scent enough to forgive that.
Jill B.
Boston, MA
My favorite cologne. Woody and dark but never musky or overly sweet. It’s rugged, but not too masculine. Wears well all day, was purchased at Sephora and am very pleased with the purchase. John Varvatos Vintage Eau de Toilette
Vivian C.
Seattle, WA
This was my first full size perfume purchase, and a great starter perfume for those who enjoy warm, spicy and woody scents. It is quite universal and wears hugely differently on different skin. On me, warm vintage leather spicy pepper and slightly sweet tobacco arise. It is a smell that feels like being wrapped in a cozy, borrowed leather jacket from a different decade. On others it has come a cross entirely green or entirely spicy, the rhubarb and jasmine notes shining when they don't on me. I am a huge fan of this scent despite the short longevity of it on skin, it is just wonderfully balanced and does say "vintage".
Lori L.
Mcallen, TX
I'm extremely particular on fragrances and this is 1 of the 2 fragrances that I actually consider to be masculine. I'm not sure what it is about the other fragrances for men, but they all seemed to be on the border of being able to pass as a fragrance for women too.
I like my man to smell like a man and this does the trick! A very nice citrus fragrance with sandalwood notes.
Christine H.
San Diego, CA
So, I have this issue. I don't let my husband buy any fragrances! I'm so selfish, yes. I have this ability to know how his natural fragrance enhances products like JV! These earthy scents are great and I'm restocking his supply as we speak. Great to try and great as a gift. XO
Kristin D.
PORTLAND, OR
I bought this for my husband, because the scent is just hot as all get out. I like to wear it on occasion as well, because there is just enough sweetness from the tobacco notes that it can be just as beautiful on a woman. Regardless of gender, give this a try if you like warm spicy scents. It won't disapoint.
Tigran P.
Schaumburg, IL
This cologne is particularly strong in its scent, it's one of my favorites because of just that. it is different from all the others because of its musky properties. the cologne comes in multiple sized bottles, and John Varvatos has a box that holds three scents from the Vintage line.
Kahli K.
Blacklick, OH
This cologne is like wearing your favorite outfit. It has a very smooth distinctive scent. I would describe it as seductive and mature. Definitely not an everyday scent but good for those special occasions or those nights you want to coerce your partner into some fun.
L'2 G.
Garland, TX
What happen to the women's line? It smelled so good! If I would have known would have invested several bottles. Bring back women!!!! Does anyone else recall? It was Sak 5th exclusive.

back