Arts & EntertainmentMediaDVDs & Videos20th Century Fox
John Tucker Must Die [Sweet Revenge Edition] (used)

John Tucker Must Die [Sweet Revenge Edition] (used)

by 20th Century Fox

John Tucker (Jesse Metcalfe) is a high school basketball star dating three different girls at the same time: the activist vegan (Sophia Bush), the over-achieving blonde journalist (Arielle Kebbel), and the sassy cheerleading squad captain (Ashanti). They all find out about each other and with the help of the shy new girl in school, Kate (Brittany Snow), they plot a devious revenge. After various other plots fail (such as spiking his protein powder with estrogen), the girls decide to combine their knowledge to make Kate into the perfect seduction machine and break Tucker's heart. In classic DANGEROUS LIAISONS/CRUEL INTENTIONS style, Kate becomes the talk of the school, but may end up becoming everything she used to hate. It's an amalgam of patented teen comedy formulas, but director Betty Thomas (BRING IT ON, 28 DAYS) keeps the story jumping along in fine order: no pop song montages of trying on different outfits, no soap opera angst and no parental moralizing. It's all chocolate, bra-cams, basketball games, food fights, and a wealth of quotable put-downs. The cast are lovely to look at, and Metcalfe makes a perfect Tucker, a character who-to the movie's credit-is not as bad as all that. Penn Bagdley quietly steals some scenes as John's less popular brother, a music snob/slacker who falls for Kate while assisting her in science experiments. MTV alum Jenny McCarthy is in fine form as Kate's hot mom, cursed with her own weakness for smooth talking men.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of John Tucker Must Die [Sweet Revenge Edition] (used)!
Jacqueline P.
Bella Vista, AR
Pop Culture Expert Level 10
1,455 reviews
John Tucker Must Die [Sweet Revenge Edition] (used) uploaded by Jacqueline P.
“John Tucker Must Die” is a fun flick for girls and guys to watch! I love teen movies and this is such a great one. A group of girls team up to take down the high school player who broke their hearts, with hilarious and disastrous results. I definitely recommend this movie!
Melissa T.
Summerville, SC
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Definitely a classic growing up as a teen. You know you had those top 10 movies that you could never get sick of... well this was part of my list.
Nicole L.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Who hasn't seen this movie 100 times and wished they could do the same thing to a guy who has wronged them?? Not even worth calling a romcom because it's way more of a revenge flick.  SO funny, quite a few memorable moments.  Pretty good cast.  Jesse Metacalf was pretty hot back then.
Falisha M.
Stanton
This movie was a favorite of mine as a teen. A movie I could watch manu times and not get sick of. Its a must watch. #recommend #hilarious
Jenna G.
Newton, NJ
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Love this movie. Great acting. Have watched as a teen and as an adult and my 11 year old now has seen and lived it too
isabelle B.
 if you are a teenage girl then there is no doubt in my mind that you will not love this movie. It was one of my favorites for a long time and I recommended it to all of my friends and then they loved it too. It is super relatable and fun to watch and actually teaches a good lesson so I would highly recommend this movie.
member-18f8175b0
Good Movie pretty funny but scandals at the same time but I mean it's a movie and I think it's good and the special features are cool
Milica S.
Belgrade
This is the right show for showing what girl power and equal support between girls can do. It shows that we are important and not just a thing that guys can use and then throw away and that we're as smart as them and that uf we stick together we can do anything. Truly recommend it and It's so funny to watch!

Looking for your answer?