BY JOHN N. HANSEN

Excited by the prospect of capturing enemies and gaining control of territories? Then you ll enjoy this ancient Asian board game of strategy and skill. Go originated in China more than 4,000 years ago and was perfected by the Japanese. Everyone from the working classes to royalty played Go, making it a popular national pastime. The object is to gain control by capturing enemy stones or movers. With our solid wood board and black and white stones, Go is sure to get you going. Simple instructions for two players, and many challenging hours of fun. Ages 12 and up see more...

• What is the objective of this game/ how do you achieve it?1 Answers
  • How do you play this? I've never heard of it.1 Answers
John N. Hansen Go Game
  • "It's actually very fun and i guarantee you'll play it for hours on end." in 1 review
Stefanie M.
Augusta, GA
At first glance its just a boring board game where you place black and white stones. It's actually very fun and i guarantee you'll play it for hours on end. It requires great strategy and skill like chess but more simple and fun.
Shelley A.
Raleigh, NC
Go is one of the oldest games on record. In my mind, it's a combination of chess and Othello. It is a game that embraces the art, culture, and spirit of Japanese philosophies and pleasing to both right and left brained players. This is a game that can be learned in minutes but can take a lifetime to master - and that's the point. You learn and grow with the game.
Alyssa D.
Parma Heights, OH
Ancient game is awesome. I love the feel of the game pieces, smooth and the sound they make is nice lol. I played this as a kid and it was easy to learn. Simple concept can yield hours of intricate strategy and skill play.
cynthia g.
wahiawa, HI
I used to play this game with my grandpa and he beat me all the time. He was great at this game.
Joanne H.
I played this game with my nephews and they loved it. It is such a good strategy game!
Kathy Z.
My lil brother taught me how to play this game and now I don't know how to play it. Is been long time.
Lily W.
Go is a great strategy game to play with your friends. It took me a little bit to learn how to play the game it was really fun.
Theresa A.
Joshua, TX
How do you play this? I've never heard of it.
Lauren C.
What is the objective of this game/ how do you achieve it?