BY MCCANN'S

John McCann's Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal: 100% whole grain stamp: 16g or more per serving Supplies 2 grams beta glucan soluble fiber Low in saturated fat Sodium free Cholesterol free see more...

Buy on Walmart
Brittany M.
We are big on nutrition in our household, which usually means doing things a little harder and taking a bit more effort. Steel cut oats are the divine oats of all oatmeals. They're the least processed and offer you ultimate nutrition (for next in line, and easier and quicker cooking, go to old fashioned rolled oats). If you decide to try steel cut oats, you won't be sorry, but you may be surprised. Their texture and flavor is different than regular oatmeal. We flavor ours with chopped berries; chopped apples with cinnamon (and maybe a small hint of sugar); and sometimes maple syrup. Cooked in vanilla coconut milk, this tastes dreamy. If you're short on time in the mornings and don't wish to use a crock pot, you can also cook these the night before and shove them in the fridge. They're great second day and easy to reheat. Just be sure to add a splash of milk (whatever kind you use) when you do reheat or pack it up for your day. Top with shaved unsweetened coconut flakes for added nutrition and yumminess! :)
Dominique S.
Clearwater, FL
Delicious! I eat this on mornings that I have to work, it keeps me full for a few hours. Very easy to cook, I add some Smart Balance, brown sugar, and some fruit.
James C.
I eat this religiously every morning to start off my day. I'm no fan of the mushy quick cook oatmeal out there; I need something with texture and density. McCann's Irish Steel Cut Oatmeal fits this criteria. I'll cut up some fresh fruits on the side or even just eat the oatmeal straight. Good method to meet the daily fiber recommendation as well as energy to start the morning off right!
Cynthia P.
Middle Vlg, NY
McCann's is my go to for a healthy breakfast. I usually make a big pot of it on Sunday and eat it throughout the week. It's good on its own with a little but of milk and brown sugar or in shakes. It is very healthy and it fills me up for hours. If you're eating a clean diet, McCann's is the way to go.
Elizabeth W.
Kent, WA
Can I give this an A+? These oats can be boiled with water to soften OR left to sit (in the fridge) for a day or two, in milk. They can be toasted in a pan for added flavor, and work well sweet or savory. They're chewy, filling, and 100% delicious.
Jacqueline Z.
Los Angeles, CA
I love Irish oatmeal.
I was introduced to it about 5 years ago and it is such a great way to have breakfast
The oatmeal comes out really textured like bulgur so I like to mix it with regular oatmeal to make it even creamier
Great breakfast though.
Dorothy M.
Farmingdale, ME
McCann's Irish Oatmeal is do delicious. I love to cook my own oatmeal. and this one is soooo good. You can taste the quality of this product. Once you have tried this you will never go back to processed.
Lucy K.
San Diego, CA
Incredibly easy to make and so good for you. This is the only brand I buy oatmeal from. They take longer than the instant pats but have a heartier taste to them.
Leslie C.
Springfield, OR
Very easy to prepare and leaves you feeling healthy and full, of course I also add fruit or brown sugar and maybe some cinnamon and honey but that is basically what you do with any oatmeal
Dori K.
Salt Lake Cty, UT
Favorite brand of steel cut oats. I'm not sure why. There's just something slightly different, slightly better, than the competitors.
James C.
What do you eat your oatmeal with?
Michelle L.
I've been trying to cut back on sugar. I usually have oatmeal with brown sugar and dried fruits. Are there any recommendations for substitutes that are equally as delicious?