John Frieda® Smooth & Sleek Finish Straightener uploaded by Jasmine L.John Frieda® Smooth & Sleek Finish Straightener uploaded by Jasmine L.John Frieda® Smooth & Sleek Finish Straightener uploaded by Sydney B.

BY JOHN FRIEDA®

The John Frieda JFS1B Smooth & Sleek Finish straightening iron with 1" width straighten plates help you start your day off right.   The 1" width plates give you more control over your hair than straightening irons with wider plates and make it even easier for you to flatten those troubled wavy areas.  The longer plates are especially great for people with long hair since you won t run out of plate space running the iron over your lovely locks.  It can heat up to 455 degrees F in as little as 15 seconds so you can get out of the house quicker or use those extra minutes to snooze.  The high temperature is especially great for hair that normally won t take curl.  The LCD display shows the temperature.  The ceramic titanium coated plates and advanced ionic co.

Buy on JCPenney
  • "I have this flat iron and I can truly say I can compare it to the most expensive brand, which I also have." in 2 reviews
  • "I have had this for about 2 or 3 years and it still works GREAT!" in 1 review
  • "I works really well on my thick wavy hair." in 1 review
  • "the best the straightener in the world better i feel like it gives the same results as the chi straighteners but its way cheaper.... great to use on curly hair " in 1 review
Jasmine L.
It's a nice straightener! For those looking for a budget friendly straightener that will do what its promised, this is it!
Make sure to use it with heat protector.
Kaylee W.
Terre Haute , IN
Love this so much!!!! Makes my hair so straight and does not give a burning smell!!! Satisfied!!!
Desiree T.
Just bought this hair straightener and I'm very disappointed. Doesn't get very hot, even at the highest setting and it pulls my hair. Taking it back first chance I get.
Diana Marcela A.
Hollywood, FL
Product is very good for your hair , don't damage , dont put your hair bad and you would like it , you can have your hair very perfecctvfor , please try it , I know you would love it , for me is my life , I can keep it un my box and do my job everwhere I need to do it .
Rebecca S.
New London , CT
Good:

Amazing at creating curls. Has a great shape for them and creates better loose curls than anything else I've EVER used.

Digital temperature display.

Multiple temperature options.

Bad:

The buttons are sensitive to the touch and right in the way of your grip. I read this in reviews and though that the reviewers were exaggerating the inconvenience of it, but they weren't. Still doable, though.

Doesn't straighten hair well. I really don't know why. I have spiral, curly hair. Other straighteners do the job. This one just doesn't--even at 400 degrees (when I never use other straighteners at that heat). My hair ends up puffy, frizzy, and half straight I swear, it's only this straightener and I don't know why. Luckily, I primarily bought this because of its nice shape for curls, so I still use it often.
Amanda N.
Maybe this is just me being picky, but I can't stand hair straighteners that create static in your hair especially when it's colder out. This was a big issue to me, so when my cheap one broke I wanted something better. It was pricey, but I bought this one specifically because it said it doesn't create static. Well, they lied. I saw no difference in this straightener and my cheap $20 one. Needless to say I returned it and saved up for a good one. I have a Baybliss Straightener now and am in love with it! No static! And I've had it for over 3 years now with no problems. Sometimes you just gotta put the money out.
Sydney B.
Brandon , MS
I have owned this flat iron for 5 years and it still works just as great when I first purchased it. I have dropped it several times and never had issues. The paint is wearing off but I simply can not part with it.
Katie G.
Pinole, CA
I’ve had this straightener for over 5 years and it still works perfectly. I think I paid around $30 for it back then and that’s a pretty good price for something that’s lasted this long. I use it to flatten and curls
Brittany G.
Fayetteville
👎👎👎 I would probably give it 5☆ if I could get more then 2 small sections of hair straightened before it shuts off! Hard to believe there were not several complaints on the power/temperature setup! It's right there where your hand grips it so it's very difficult to use without accidentally shutting the straighter off! Got up to as many times as 5 turning the thing back on and continuously starting over, was far too aggravating had to go back to my Remington straightener I've had for years.
Amy O.
Louisa, KY
I have repurchased this straightener once already (dog ate the first one. Lol) And I love it. You can straighten or curl with it.
Stephanie M.
Lexington, KY
I have seen these in stores and was wondering if they are worth the price
Alicia S.
Martinsburg, WV
How does this flatiron compare to higher end ones, like the chi and Paul Mitchell?
Jessica B.