BY JOHN FRIEDA®

The John Frieda JFS1B Smooth & Sleek Finish straightening iron with 1" width straighten plates help you start your day off right.   The 1" width plates give you more control over your hair than straightening irons with wider plates and make it even easier for you to flatten those troubled wavy areas.  The longer plates are especially great for people with long hair since you won t run out of plate space running the iron over your lovely locks.  It can heat up to 455 degrees F in as little as 15 seconds so you can get out of the house quicker or use those extra minutes to snooze.  The high temperature is especially great for hair that normally won t take curl.  The LCD display shows the temperature.  The ceramic titanium coated plates and advanced ionic co.

John Frieda® Smooth & Sleek Finish Straightener
  • "I have this flat iron and I can truly say I can compare it to the most expensive brand, which I also have." in 2 reviews
  • "I have had this for about 2 or 3 years and it still works GREAT!" in 1 review
  • "I works really well on my thick wavy hair." in 1 review
  • "the best the straightener in the world better i feel like it gives the same results as the chi straighteners but its way cheaper.... great to use on curly hair " in 1 review
Morgan H.
Huntingdon Vy, PA
I bought this straighter 6 YEARS ago and it’s still going strong and works just as good as when I first bought it in 2012. First time user. My hair is ridiculously thick & long, plus it’s naturally curly/wavy. If this can straightener my hair perfectly, I’m confident this will work for just about anyone! I’m so overly satisfied with this because I didn’t expect much. Not because of the brand or hearing bad things, but because I purchased a GHD straightener and it broke on me in less than a year. I try REALLY hard to take care of my hair tools so it wasn’t that I was rough or careless with it. I just think they are poorly made now after hearing so many similar stories. I would definitely buy this again because of how long and well it has lasted me without needing to replace it! That’s first and foremost for me. But it straightens my hair so well and easily, gives it great shine and it always looks beautiful. The name of this straightener really hits the nail on the head. And to make this even better, it’s only like $35 depending on where you buy it from. Now I know that isn’t dirt cheap, but for the prices some of these high end straighteners are going for, and the fact that this performs better than many high end ones I’ve tried,(some over the price of $199) you really can’t go wrong with giving this a shot. If you’re in the market for a new straightener I highly, highly recommend looking into & picking this bad boy up. Performance and quality wise it is WELL WORTH the $35!
Katiie M.
New Castle
I use to buy cheap hair straighteners from like Walmart and places like that.( there's nothing wrong with buying those!) but I decided that I wanted a longer lasting straightener that would work really well on my hair. And after watching a lot of YouTube videos I decided on this one. I've had it for about 2 years and use it almost daily and have no problem. It is a bit pricey but it is completely worth the money spent. I would recommend!!John Frieda® Smooth & Sleek Finish Straightener
Cassidy T.
I purchased this straightener a few weeks ago after my Conair suddenly stopped working. So far, so good. Heat is at a good level, and it heats up relatively quick. It's a solid product, for a reasonable price, and my hair has even looked better than while using the Conair. It also has a very sleek, simple design. My only complaint, is the placement of the temperature buttons, because they fall exactly where you hold the straightener causing it to change temps while straightening.
Brittany G.
Fayetteville
👎👎👎 I would probably give it 5☆ if I could get more then 2 small sections of hair straightened before it shuts off! Hard to believe there were not several complaints on the power/temperature setup! It's right there where your hand grips it so it's very difficult to use without accidentally shutting the straighter off! Got up to as many times as 5 turning the thing back on and continuously starting over, was far too aggravating had to go back to my Remington straightener I've had for years.
Mary Jane B.
Honolulu , HI
I started using this straightener when I lost my CHI branded one and needed a cheap alternative ASAP. I would say this one works just as good and doesn’t eff up my hair for the low price that it is. What I like most is that it heats up super quick! So I can basically start using it as soon as I turn it on. The one downfall (well not for me bc I have fine hair) is that is that the actual iron part very small so for those that have very thick and full hair, using this may take you a long time to straighten your entire head. I would definitely repurchase this if ever the case I need a new one again. It’s affordable and worth the price!
Kristen C.
Sherman Oaks, CA
I’ve had this straightener for 7 years now and it still works amazingly. I use at it 400 degrees, I know, but it allows me to do my hair very quickly. I got this as a Christmas present after I asking for a Chi, I was a little disappointed when I got this, but it’s lasted me forever! I love it! It doesn’t attract a bunch of build up, and my hair never has that burnt smell like you get with curling irons or really cheap straighteners. My hair is seriously the shiniest after I use this. I love it until it flat out dies.
Katie G.
Pinole, CA
I’ve had this straightener for over 5 years and it still works perfectly. I think I paid around $30 for it back then and that’s a pretty good price for something that’s lasted this long. I use it to flatten and curls
Paula W.
Richmond, KY
Love the heat on this. The anti frizz property is super smoothing. The only thing wrong is the placement of the buttons. I turn it off while using. It was very affordable and is easy for storage. It has a long cord.
Angie G.
I have had this straightener since 2010, that's 8 years! It still works perfectly. It heats up quickly, it has different heat settings, the cord is long, and it straightens super well. The quality is so there and you can find this at Walmart for $33.10, so much bang for your buck. I highly recommend!
Jen🌵 M.
Jellico, TN
I've had this straightener for a couple years and still works just as amazing as the first time I used it. I have told multiple friends about this and have purchased it and love it as much as I do!
Stephanie M.
Beattyville, KY
I have seen these in stores and was wondering if they are worth the price
Jessica B.
Niagara falls, ON
Alicia S.
MARTINSBURG, WV
How does this flatiron compare to higher end ones, like the chi and Paul Mitchell?
Jen🌵 M.
Jellico, TN
Looking to buy a new straightener! What are the best ones to buy? My John Frieda® Smooth & Sleek Finish Straightener finally kicked the bucket. It has lasted me for literally years but sadly it's time for a new one. I want to go with a highend straightener.