John Frieda Smooth & Sleek Finish Straightener uploaded by Jasmine L.John Frieda Smooth & Sleek Finish Straightener uploaded by Jasmine L.John Frieda Smooth & Sleek Finish Straightener uploaded by Sydney B.

BY JOHN FRIEDA®

The John Frieda JFS1B Smooth & Sleek Finish straightening iron with 1" width straighten plates help you start your day off right.   The 1" width plates give you more control over your hair than straightening irons with wider plates and make it even easier for you to flatten those troubled wavy areas.  The longer plates are especially great for people with long hair since you won t run out of plate space running the iron over your lovely locks.  It can heat up to 455 degrees F in as little as 15 seconds so you can get out of the house quicker or use those extra minutes to snooze.  The high temperature is especially great for hair that normally won t take curl.  The LCD display shows the temperature.  The ceramic titanium coated plates and advanced ionic co. see more...

• How does this flatiron compare to higher end ones, like the chi a...1 Answers
  • I have seen these in stores and was wondering if they are worth t...2 Answers
Buy on JCPenney
  • "I have this flat iron and I can truly say I can compare it to the most expensive brand, which I also have." in 2 reviews
  • "I have had this for about 2 or 3 years and it still works GREAT!" in 1 review
  • "I works really well on my thick wavy hair." in 1 review
  • "the best the straightener in the world better i feel like it gives the same results as the chi straighteners but its way cheaper.... great to use on curly hair " in 1 review
Cassidy T.
I purchased this straightener a few weeks ago after my Conair suddenly stopped working. So far, so good. Heat is at a good level, and it heats up relatively quick. It's a solid product, for a reasonable price, and my hair has even looked better than while using the Conair. It also has a very sleek, simple design. My only complaint, is the placement of the temperature buttons, because they fall exactly where you hold the straightener causing it to change temps while straightening.
Mary Jane B.
I started using this straightener when I lost my CHI branded one and needed a cheap alternative ASAP. I would say this one works just as good and doesn’t eff up my hair for the low price that it is. What I like most is that it heats up super quick! So I can basically start using it as soon as I turn it on. The one downfall (well not for me bc I have fine hair) is that is that the actual iron part very small so for those that have very thick and full hair, using this may take you a long time to straighten your entire head. I would definitely repurchase this if ever the case I need a new one again. It’s affordable and worth the price!
Kristen C.
Fullerton, CA
I’ve had this straightener for 7 years now and it still works amazingly. I use at it 400 degrees, I know, but it allows me to do my hair very quickly. I got this as a Christmas present after I asking for a Chi, I was a little disappointed when I got this, but it’s lasted me forever! I love it! It doesn’t attract a bunch of build up, and my hair never has that burnt smell like you get with curling irons or really cheap straighteners. My hair is seriously the shiniest after I use this. I love it until it flat out dies.
Paula W.
Beattyville, KY
Love the heat on this. The anti frizz property is super smoothing. The only thing wrong is the placement of the buttons. I turn it off while using. It was very affordable and is easy for storage. It has a long cord.
Deborah K.
West Columbia
I use this flat iron more than any I've had. It's getting a little beat up, as in the coating is finally wearing off on the outside (the plates are fine), and b/c I use this to curl my hair too, I'm going to replace it with the same one. It's that good. For straightening or curling, this is the best tool out there. Even better than my Chi, which I gave away.
Jen🌵 M.
Jellico
I've had this straightener for a couple years and still works just as amazing as the first time I used it. I have told multiple friends about this and have purchased it and love it as much as I do!
Kimberly R.
I LOVE this straightener! It can heat up to 455° and is hot in seconds. I have used it for well over a year. My only con is that it can be awkward to hold as I like to grab the tip and glide it down but can't with how hot this one gets. You get use to it but that was my only intial complaint.
Carisa C.
Moreno Valley
One of the best straighteners I’ve owned. It makes my hair very straight and gets every single strand. It may be a little to small and hard to handle when straightening but eventually you get the hand of it.
Desiree T.
Just bought this hair straightener and I'm very disappointed. Doesn't get very hot, even at the highest setting and it pulls my hair. Taking it back first chance I get.
Rebecca S.
New London , CT
Good:

Amazing at creating curls. Has a great shape for them and creates better loose curls than anything else I've EVER used.

Digital temperature display.

Multiple temperature options.

Bad:

The buttons are sensitive to the touch and right in the way of your grip. I read this in reviews and though that the reviewers were exaggerating the inconvenience of it, but they weren't. Still doable, though.

Doesn't straighten hair well. I really don't know why. I have spiral, curly hair. Other straighteners do the job. This one just doesn't--even at 400 degrees (when I never use other straighteners at that heat). My hair ends up puffy, frizzy, and half straight I swear, it's only this straightener and I don't know why. Luckily, I primarily bought this because of its nice shape for curls, so I still use it often.
Stephanie M.
Lexington, KY
I have seen these in stores and was wondering if they are worth the price
Alicia S.
Martinsburg, WV
How does this flatiron compare to higher end ones, like the chi and Paul Mitchell?
Jessica B.