BY JOHN FRIEDA® #18 in Hair Bleach & Lighteners

Instantly lighten blonde hair by one shade with this 5-minute in-shower hair lightening treatment. For an illuminating boost. Innovative dual tube design cleverly keeps lightening ingredients separated until time of use for the ultimate colour results.
Lightens dark roots and brightens all-over colour on natural blonde or colour-treated hair.

Aqua, Decyl Glucoside, Ammonium Bicarbonate, Hydrogen Peroxide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Ethanolamine, Ceteareth-30, Parfum, Dimethicone, Acrylates/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyquaternium-7, Panthenol, Myristyl Alcohol, Phosphoric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Disodium Phosphate, Salicylic Acid, Vitis Vinifera Juice Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus Seed Extract, Glycerin, Alcohol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Tocopherol, Vitis Vinifera Seed Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene.

• I have brown hair with blonde highlights that I'm growing...1 Answers
  • Is this product drying like some other lightening products?1 Answers
  • I have blonde highlights but want to go lighter. Does any...2 Answers
Buy on Amazon
Erin Rafferty c.
I'm legitimately worried they may be discontinuing it, because it's getting harder and harder to find! As of this writing, I can't find it for less than twenty bucks on Amazon, and my subscribe and save was canceled last month because it was out of stock... if only there were anything else out there that were as effective!

This does EXACTLY what it says on the box. It's an entire summer's worth of sunlight in a bottle. For context, I have naturally blonde hair, but it can get dull and mousey, especially at the roots, and especially in the darker months. I put this on wet hair in the shower, leave it on for 10 minutes or so, and rinse out. When I come out, my hair looks like I just spent three months outside. It's not particularly damaging, either; I usually just use this in conjunction with the John Frieda Go Blonder shampoo and conditioner, and it comes out nice and soft.

I really hope they're just repackaging this or something, because I don't know what I would do if they actually do discontinue it!
Claire B.
Tampa, FL
I have natural blonde hair that easily lightens in the summertime sun. I was hopeful that this product would give me that sun kissed hair during the fall and winter months, so I was happy to give it a try (especially since it is so cheap!) I have very healthy, slightly wavy/curly, medium/thick hair and have never dyed it. I left the lightening treatment in for 6 minutes (1 longer than on the directions), and saw a slight change after blow drying my hair, especially along the strands that frame my face (exactly how the sun lightens my hair). However, I was hoping to see my hair a bit lighter, so I tried it again the next day (the directions say to only use once a month, so I was super scared to do this, turns out it just dries out your hair more - but I don't recommend doing this). I saw the highlights I was hoping for, though my hair as a whole was not lighter as a result. I was hoping to bring my entire shade of blonde up a notch, but this product only enhanced my highlights more. I will still purchase this product every month or so though in the hopes that my hair will eventually get to the shade I desire. Prior to purchasing this product, I did diligent research and found that it works for some people, but doesn't work at all for others. So if you are wondering if it will work for you, I say try it because it is so cheap (around $7!), what do you have to lose? A common complaint was that the treatment smelled too much. I really didn't think it was that bad at all and the smell didn't hang around after you wash your hair. I probably could have gotten three uses out of just one tube, and my hair is really long and thick. I wish everyone out there trying this product luck :)
Jill B.
Orland Park, IL
Subtle but lighter hair! I had never dyed my hair before but I used this in shower treatment and it worked. I was nervous I did half the container one day and then half the next and by the second day I had noticeably lighter hair! For someone who is nervous to do this herself this is a great product
Ashlie S.
Lakeville, MN
I have naturally dark ashy brown hair. I got some highlights about two months ago and due to never being in the sun they haven't gotten any lighter like I'm used to. I wanted them to be brighter without having to go to a salon. I put this on, put a shower cap on over it and continued on with my shower routine. It was on for a good 12 minutes. I then rinsed it out and put conditioner in my hair. My hair is thick and wavy so I don't shampoo it all that often. It has a very strong scent that hurt my eyes and stung my nose. I notice that my light pieces are a little brighter and that my hair has a nice healthy shine. In natural light my hair almost sparkles. I am very happy with how it turned out especially for how cheap it was.
Kristavel F.
Los Angeles, CA
I love this it's a quick fix instead of doing the why bleaching proses it's quick in the shower and only 5 min I love this to maintain my silver color without bleaching so often
Tabetha M.
One treatment and it worked great! It highlighted my natural highlights making my light brown perfect for summer weather! Hair was soft and light after, no drying out! Affordable when looking for a very mild change!
Keisha L.
Clintwood, VA
I'm a licensed cosmetologist.. I hated this... if you are wanting your hair lightened, please go to a salon.. or for a cheaper cost, go and let students do it so they can learn and they have supervised, licensed help so no mishaps will happen! i tried this out of curiosity and it didn't make a difference, but damage my hair and a few clients had the same thing happen to them.. and this stuff smells a whole lot stronger than any bleach I've ever used before.
Katelyn R.
I'm a natural blonde and have never dyed my hair. I didn't notice that much of a difference in my hair color when using this product. I wish this product was for multiple uses because it is a lot of money for one use time only. The product smells like hair dye and even after washing it out and drying my hair I could still smell the dye type smell even though it isn't dye. I'm unsure if I'll purchase this product again
Elizabeth G.
Bought this to help change the color I had on my hair. I went from brown to "blonde" in a day. My hair ended up having this copper tone to it that I couldn't stand looking at. I bought this and used it two days after I did my hair, it helped dramatically remove the some of the copper tones from my hair. I like this product, I just wish it didn't smell so strong. I know it's a dye but I just wish the smell was different.
Kimberly S.
Pittsburgh, PA
Recently purchased this to lighten my roots as I could not get a hair appointment for a few weeks. At first I was nervous because it smelled just like hair dye and I was afraid it was going to bleach my hair, but it didn't. It instantly lightened my hair in 5 minutes. Purchased it at rite aid with my plenti points. Highly recommend.
Kenzie F.
Helper, UT
Does this really work? I'm trying to get my hair go a lighter but natural blonde
Camille A.
Southern New Jersey
Can I use this with my brown hair to get a lightened effect that isn't red ?
Sarah M.
Fenton, MO
I have blonde highlights but want to go lighter. Does anyone with highlights have any reviews? Wondering if it will only lighten the highlights or my darker pieces as well.
Megan R.
Wallingford, CT
Is this product drying like some other lightening products?
Allison G.
York, PA
I have used other John Frieda Go Blonder products and I have liked them for lightening my color, but they dried my hair out. Does this product do the same?