BY JOHN FRIEDA®

Brighten blonde strands, year-round. This hair lightening shampoo gradually deposits yellow tones for blonder-looking hues. Natural Lightening Complex gently lightens blonde hair and is mild enough for daily use. Ammonia and peroxide free. For all shades of natural, color-treated, or highlighted blonde hair.

WATER, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE, LACTIC ACID, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, BETAINE, FRAGRANCE, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, COCAMIDE MEA, BENZYL ALCOHOL, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISODIUM EDTA, MALIC ACID, GLYCINE, PPG-9, STEAROXYPROPYL DIMETHYLAMINE, YELLOW 10, C14-28 ISOALKYL ACID, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CROCUS SATIVUS FLOWER EXTRACT, CURCUMA LONGA (TURMERIC) ROOT EXTRACT, C14-28 ALKYL ACID, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE, STEARYL ALCOHOL, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, EXT. VIOLET 2, ORANGE 4, VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) JUICE EXTRACT, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER EXTRACT, CITRUS MEDICA LIMONUM (LEMON) PEEL EXTRACT, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED EXTRACT, GLYCERIN, ALCOHOL, VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED EXTRACT, TOCOPHEROL, PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL.

• I’ve purchased the shampoo and conditioner and I haven’t ...4 Answers
  • Will my hair feel softer or more brittle with this?2 Answers
  • i use purple shampoo since i dye my hair light & i wa...1 Answers
Alexis S.
Northport
I’ve wanted to bye my hair for quite some time now but it’s so much work to lighten hair and so damaging but I figured I would try this product out... best decision of my life! I have only been using this for about 2 weeks and I’ve already noticed a difference! My hair is super soft now and looks much healthier! I have recommended this to many of my friends wanting to go lighter! I bought it with the shampoo and conditioner and I don’t regret it one bit! My hair is probably about 2 shades lighter now and I love it! Blondes definitely do have more fun!
Courtney R.
Carlsbad
DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT.  If I could give it 0 stars I would!!!
I have naturally blonde hair (never had it colored) and tried to lighten it one shade, as it has gotten darker this winter.  The first time ever using it, I noticed there was a lot of hair in my shower....didn't think anything of it.  I continued to use it regularly once or twice a week.  Each time I noticed more hair was falling out.  I finally put it together.  Not only did it not lighten my hair, it made my hair fall out.  So much hair had fallen out and my hair thinned so much to the point where I had to get a haircut because other people noticed how thin it was.  When my hair usually wraps 3 times around a hair tie, it took 5 times to get it up. I will never use this product again.  If anything, use Sun In.  That works great and never had any problems.
Kimberly S.
Proctorville, OH
I just recently decided to go back to blonde, from years of medium brown box color, at home. I did two bleach sessions, then hair color to tone. I've been using this and the companion conditioner ever since, and my hair has been unbelievably soft. Of course, this won't be the case with everyone but my hair feels as healthy as it did before.
These products claim to help lighten hair. There's no peroxide in these, but instead citrus and chamomile which have both been proven to slightly lighten hair. I'm not sure about the lightening results yet, but I know it's been amazing for the health of my hair! Also, a little goes a long way; it's an amazing, salon like quality at a much more affordable price!
Charlea M.
Caro
I use this shampoo all the time in the winter months because it brightens up my hair so much. It removes the brassiness that accumulates throughout the winter when I don’t get much time out in the sun. I love this shampoo and I have been using John Freida since I was about 10 years old. This brand has not done me wrong yet and it has never let me down. I 10/10 recommend this brand!
Makinzie J.
Lake elsinore, CA
One of my favorites in the winter. When my hair gets dull in the winter months I love to use this to boost the color in my hair to it’s more natural state. This shampoo not only lightens but cleans and makes the scalp feel fresh as well. The scent is really nice, like getting a wash at the salon. Definitely would recommend this product.
Morgan M.
I used this product along with the John Frieda® Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Conditioner and John Frieda® Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray. I absolutely love this product! It made my hair so much lighter and I am already a light blonde. During the winter my hair gets a couple shades darker but this does the trick. It may make your hair frizzy if you use it too much but if you use it 1-2 times per week it still lightens your hair without making it frizzy.
Tiffany V.
I have light brown hair with a lot of natural blonde highlights. I think that this overall helped lighten my hair just a little after using it consistently until it was gone. However, my hair was significantly dryer than it is when I use my normal shampoo. I don’t think it’s worth how bad it made my hair.
Anna S.
Lockport, NY
I use both the Go Blonder shampoo and conditioner to maintain my blonde color throughout the year. I’m pretty lazy with getting routine highlights, so this is perfect for me! I get to brighten my natural dirty-blonde color without the hassle of constant salon trips.
Lidia S.
Pompano Beach
When I first went blonde I bought this shampoo , thinking it’s going to maintain my blonde. John Frieda has good products for affordable price but I didn’t click with this product. My hair felt dry and didn’t help maintain the color. I am also not a fan of the smell , overall I don’t recommend this product.
Madelaine R.
Craig, CO
This works well as a shampoo and smells like a nice salon, but I'm not sure that it really lightened my color. I am a natural blonde and wanted to lighten up my hair a tad last summer. I never saw a dramatic difference in shine, highlights, or color.
Mariana D.
Vancouver, BC
Can I use it having dark blonde/light brown hair?
Salma K.
Rabat
I heard great things about this shampoo and I really want to try it out , will it damage my hair ? My hair is naturally dark blonde .
Dawn H.
Nedrow , NY
Will it lighten all colors?
Sylvia T.
Easton, CT
I have ombré in my hair and I'm looking for something the keep my ends blonde. Would this work? If I apply it to my whole head would it lighten all of my hair?
Katie C.
Mcdonough, GA
I’ve purchased the shampoo and conditioner and I haven’t seen much of a difference. I have thick hair and I only use it about once a week. Should I use it more often or buy other products to lighten it faster?