BY JOHN FRIEDA®

Buy now on ULTA
and get 2.5% CASH BACK with
powered by

Brighten blonde strands, year-round. This hair lightening shampoo gradually deposits yellow tones for blonder-looking hues. Natural Lightening Complex gently lightens blonde hair and is mild enough for daily use. Ammonia and peroxide free. For all shades of natural, color-treated, or highlighted blonde hair.

WATER, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE, LACTIC ACID, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, BETAINE, FRAGRANCE, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, COCAMIDE MEA, BENZYL ALCOHOL, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISODIUM EDTA, MALIC ACID, GLYCINE, PPG-9, STEAROXYPROPYL DIMETHYLAMINE, YELLOW 10, C14-28 ISOALKYL ACID, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CROCUS SATIVUS FLOWER EXTRACT, CURCUMA LONGA (TURMERIC) ROOT EXTRACT, C14-28 ALKYL ACID, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE, STEARYL ALCOHOL, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, EXT. VIOLET 2, ORANGE 4, VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) JUICE EXTRACT, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER EXTRACT, CITRUS MEDICA LIMONUM (LEMON) PEEL EXTRACT, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED EXTRACT, GLYCERIN, ALCOHOL, VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED EXTRACT, TOCOPHEROL, PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL.

• I’ve purchased the shampoo and conditioner and I haven’t ...3 Answers
  • Will my hair feel softer or more brittle with this?2 Answers
  • i use purple shampoo since i dye my hair light & i wa...1 Answers
Buy on ULTA*
Alexis S.
Northport
I’ve wanted to bye my hair for quite some time now but it’s so much work to lighten hair and so damaging but I figured I would try this product out... best decision of my life! I have only been using this for about 2 weeks and I’ve already noticed a difference! My hair is super soft now and looks much healthier! I have recommended this to many of my friends wanting to go lighter! I bought it with the shampoo and conditioner and I don’t regret it one bit! My hair is probably about 2 shades lighter now and I love it! Blondes definitely do have more fun!
Courtney R.
Carlsbad
DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT.  If I could give it 0 stars I would!!!
I have naturally blonde hair (never had it colored) and tried to lighten it one shade, as it has gotten darker this winter.  The first time ever using it, I noticed there was a lot of hair in my shower....didn't think anything of it.  I continued to use it regularly once or twice a week.  Each time I noticed more hair was falling out.  I finally put it together.  Not only did it not lighten my hair, it made my hair fall out.  So much hair had fallen out and my hair thinned so much to the point where I had to get a haircut because other people noticed how thin it was.  When my hair usually wraps 3 times around a hair tie, it took 5 times to get it up. I will never use this product again.  If anything, use Sun In.  That works great and never had any problems.
Courtney Y.
Shreveport, LA
I have been using the John Freda Shampoo and Conditioner to help lift the redness in my hair after coloring it at home. First off the fragrance of these products are amazing and I have now seen some gradual lightening in the last 2 weeks. It's not pulling the brassy tones out quite as much as I'd like but it is definitely helping and I'd rather continue with this process before trying to color my hair again so soon.
Becky S.
I am a sucker for trying purple shampoos or anything to intensify my blonde tresses. This shampoo from John Frieda actually works to lighten the hair over time when used with the other products and at the same time it helps to banish any brassiness you might have from coloured hair. It works.
My favourite product in the line is John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Spray 3.5 fl oz but I enjoy all of them.
Emma A.
Lancaster, PA
I buy this for my boyfriend who used to be a light California blonde when he was younger but has now darkened to a dirty blonde. He loves this!! It definitely lightened his hair up. The only downside is that this shampoo really dries out your hair. His hair is extremely thick and tends to be on the oilier side so it hasn’t really changed his hair but when I used this it sucked the life out of my hair
Charlea M.
Caro
I use this shampoo all the time in the winter months because it brightens up my hair so much. It removes the brassiness that accumulates throughout the winter when I don’t get much time out in the sun. I love this shampoo and I have been using John Freida since I was about 10 years old. This brand has not done me wrong yet and it has never let me down. I 10/10 recommend this brand!
Charlea M.
I love this shampoo for the summer especially when I have been in the pool a bunch. It keeps my hair nice and blonde while removing the green from the chlorine in the pool. I use this the rest of the year, especially in the fall when my hair starts to dull out due to lack of sunshine. I will purchase this again and I highly recommend this product.
Makinzie J.
One of my favorites in the winter. When my hair gets dull in the winter months I love to use this to boost the color in my hair to it’s more natural state. This shampoo not only lightens but cleans and makes the scalp feel fresh as well. The scent is really nice, like getting a wash at the salon. Definitely would recommend this product.
Anna N.
I have used 2 bottles of this shampoo. I love the smell and it’s one of the reasons I wanted to buy it again. I do see a slight difference in the color of my hair but not a lot. I wish it lightens a little more but the second time I didn’t use the spray and I think you need to use the spray with the shampoo and conditioner to get good results
Anna S.
Lockport, NY
I use both the Go Blonder shampoo and conditioner to maintain my blonde color throughout the year. I’m pretty lazy with getting routine highlights, so this is perfect for me! I get to brighten my natural dirty-blonde color without the hassle of constant salon trips.
Mariana D.
Vancouver, BC
Can I use it having dark blonde/light brown hair?
Salma K.
Rabat
I heard great things about this shampoo and I really want to try it out , will it damage my hair ? My hair is naturally dark blonde .
Dawn H.
Nedrow , NY
Will it lighten all colors?
Sylvia T.
Easton, CT
I have ombré in my hair and I'm looking for something the keep my ends blonde. Would this work? If I apply it to my whole head would it lighten all of my hair?
Nessa L.
Is their any worth buying this, does it really lighten your hair?

back