BY JOHN FRIEDA® #27 in Hair Bleach & Lighteners

Sheer Blonde Go Blonder In Shower Lightening Treatment - John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder In-Shower Lightening Treatment. Turn up the lights in your shower. In just one wash, Sheer Blonde Go Blonder In-Shower Lightening Treatment instantly softens dark roots and lights blonde tones for natural, shimmering color from root to tip. Instantly lighten your look. For all shades of natural, color-treated or highlighted blonde hair. - Sheer Blonde Go Blonder In Shower Lightening Treatment see more...

• I have brown hair with blonde highlights that I'm growing out. Ca...1 Answers
  • Is this product drying like some other lightening products?1 Answers
  • I have blonde highlights but want to go lighter. Does anyone with...2 Answers
Buy on Bed Bat...*
Claire B.
I have natural blonde hair that easily lightens in the summertime sun. I was hopeful that this product would give me that sun kissed hair during the fall and winter months, so I was happy to give it a try (especially since it is so cheap!) I have very healthy, slightly wavy/curly, medium/thick hair and have never dyed it. I left the lightening treatment in for 6 minutes (1 longer than on the directions), and saw a slight change after blow drying my hair, especially along the strands that frame my face (exactly how the sun lightens my hair). However, I was hoping to see my hair a bit lighter, so I tried it again the next day (the directions say to only use once a month, so I was super scared to do this, turns out it just dries out your hair more - but I don't recommend doing this). I saw the highlights I was hoping for, though my hair as a whole was not lighter as a result. I was hoping to bring my entire shade of blonde up a notch, but this product only enhanced my highlights more. I will still purchase this product every month or so though in the hopes that my hair will eventually get to the shade I desire. Prior to purchasing this product, I did diligent research and found that it works for some people, but doesn't work at all for others. So if you are wondering if it will work for you, I say try it because it is so cheap (around $7!), what do you have to lose? A common complaint was that the treatment smelled too much. I really didn't think it was that bad at all and the smell didn't hang around after you wash your hair. I probably could have gotten three uses out of just one tube, and my hair is really long and thick. I wish everyone out there trying this product luck :)
Samantha S.
Gilroy, CA
A while ago I died my hair blonde but decided to die it brown again but I've been missing the blonde. I saw this product at CVS on clearance for 2$ so I decided to try it and I loved it! My hair got lighter at the roots, but not drastically. I think if I use it 2 more times it will give me the look i would like. It does smell like you're getting your hair beached at the salon, but other than that it really does work! I wish there were more on clearance! Loved this product
Jill B.
Orland Park, IL
Subtle but lighter hair! I had never dyed my hair before but I used this in shower treatment and it worked. I was nervous I did half the container one day and then half the next and by the second day I had noticeably lighter hair! For someone who is nervous to do this herself this is a great product
Ashlie S.
Lakeville, MN
I have naturally dark ashy brown hair. I got some highlights about two months ago and due to never being in the sun they haven't gotten any lighter like I'm used to. I wanted them to be brighter without having to go to a salon. I put this on, put a shower cap on over it and continued on with my shower routine. It was on for a good 12 minutes. I then rinsed it out and put conditioner in my hair. My hair is thick and wavy so I don't shampoo it all that often. It has a very strong scent that hurt my eyes and stung my nose. I notice that my light pieces are a little brighter and that my hair has a nice healthy shine. In natural light my hair almost sparkles. I am very happy with how it turned out especially for how cheap it was.
Kristavel F.
Los Angeles, CA
I love this it's a quick fix instead of doing the why bleaching proses it's quick in the shower and only 5 min I love this to maintain my silver color without bleaching so often
Tabetha M.
One treatment and it worked great! It highlighted my natural highlights making my light brown perfect for summer weather! Hair was soft and light after, no drying out! Affordable when looking for a very mild change!
Keisha L.
Clintwood, VA
I'm a licensed cosmetologist.. I hated this... if you are wanting your hair lightened, please go to a salon.. or for a cheaper cost, go and let students do it so they can learn and they have supervised, licensed help so no mishaps will happen! i tried this out of curiosity and it didn't make a difference, but damage my hair and a few clients had the same thing happen to them.. and this stuff smells a whole lot stronger than any bleach I've ever used before.
Katelyn R.
I'm a natural blonde and have never dyed my hair. I didn't notice that much of a difference in my hair color when using this product. I wish this product was for multiple uses because it is a lot of money for one use time only. The product smells like hair dye and even after washing it out and drying my hair I could still smell the dye type smell even though it isn't dye. I'm unsure if I'll purchase this product again
Kimberly S.
Pittsburgh, PA
Recently purchased this to lighten my roots as I could not get a hair appointment for a few weeks. At first I was nervous because it smelled just like hair dye and I was afraid it was going to bleach my hair, but it didn't. It instantly lightened my hair in 5 minutes. Purchased it at rite aid with my plenti points. Highly recommend.
Morgan J.
I just tried this and it worked miracles. One use and it brought back my highlights that usually take all summer in the sun to bring out. The smell is very strong and it made my hair a little dry, but one moisture hair mask fixed that. I'd definitely recommend trying it for natural blondes that miss their highlights in winter time. Cheaper than dying it!
Kenzie F.
Helper, UT
Does this really work? I'm trying to get my hair go a lighter but natural blonde
Camille A.
Can I use this with my brown hair to get a lightened effect that isn't red ?
Sarah M.
['Fenton', ''], MO
I have blonde highlights but want to go lighter. Does anyone with highlights have any reviews? Wondering if it will only lighten the highlights or my darker pieces as well.
Deanna K.
Caledonia, ON
I have brown hair with blonde highlights that I'm growing out. Can I use this on just half of my hair (the blonde) without it looking like I just dyed half my head like a bad ombré?
Megan R.
Wallingford, CT
Is this product drying like some other lightening products?