John Frieda® Sheer Blonde Colour Renew Tone-Correcting Shampoo

$8.49 on ULTA
4.0% CASHBACK
SHOP NOW
*1 other buying options

Get salon-fresh style. With ground-breaking Colour-Correcting Technology, this purple shampoo revitalises and re-balances blonde in just 3 washes. Optical Brightening Technology absorbs UV light and emits white-blue glow so colour-treated blonde tones appear brighter.
Suitable for all shades of colour-treated or highlighted blonde hair.

Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycol Distearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Betaine, Lavandula Angustifolia Flower Extract, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Benzophenone-4, Disodium Distyrylbiphenyl Disulfonate, Benzyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Cocamide MEA, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Glycine, Sodium Hydroxide, Lactic Acid, Disodium EDTA,  Sodium Chloride, Malic Acid, Trideceth-9, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Pentylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Bisabolol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Parfum, Acid Violet 43, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal.

Does anyone know if this shampoo is decent for keeping blonde blonde ?
I have black hair with brown highlights, i've noticed that my brown highlights have started to turn orange, is this product also suitable for brown highlights or only for blonde hair? what would happen if i used this on my brown highlights? Will this turn my hair blonde ?
Where can you buy this product, is it good for thin hair?
Start your review of John Frieda® Sheer Blonde Colour Renew Tone-Correcting Shampoo!
Product Highlights
“I highly recommend it!” in 1 review
Did they change the formula too? I remeber that the design of the bottle was different and that one worked really well for removing yellow tones. This one? Well...the effect is very very short. Maybe it has to do something with the water in my house. Still going to re-purchase because it leaves my hair very soft and healthy looking. Even when not performing well with getting rid of brassiness.
Leaves my hair silky smooth BUT... does not remove yellow tones as well as I would expect. It is not the cheapest drugstore shampoo so I expected it to work a bit better. At least it keeps my hair softer - that are usually  frail and brittle because of all the things i have done to them. Is it perfect? Nope. Will I buy again? Ehm...yes, I will.
Philadelphia, PA
John Frieda® Sheer Blonde Colour Renew Tone-Correcting Shampoo uploaded by Stephanie N.
I really enjoy this shampoo, it keeps my dyed hair from becoming brassy. You can occasionally find it on sale at Ulta or your local drugstore.
Tucson, AZ
Although this product does work for stripping hair of brassiness I felt as if I had to leave the shampoo on longer than indicated on the bottle which was misleading at first you kind of have to play around with it to find the appropriate time for you, however it smells incredible and leaves hair feeling and looking amazing
Kitchener
Good product.  Gets my hair clean and tones down the brassiness.   Works great for me.  I prefer a warmer tone of blond and it takes out the brassiness without making it so ashy it looks grey.  Lasts a long time.  I only need it once a month.  This is my regular brand.
Bath
Really helps to maintain a clean colour in very light (dyed-blonde) hair. The formula is nice and easy to use. Has a great smell. The only downside to this is the price for the size of the bottle... but as always, you get what you pay for... a higher quality shampoo that does what it says!
I love my platinum hair and I love keeping the colour as vibrant as the day I get it recoloured at the salon! This shampoo does exactly that. It keeps the colour bright, and keeps the brassiness away. It also locks in moisture and keeps my hair feeling soft and smooth! Would highly recommend.
St, NL
Used this when I had my hair a lighter caramel blonde color. The smell is SO good and it lasts all day. Makes my hair very soft. Isn't too heavy. Washes out nicely. Lathers nice, lots of bubbles. Love the dark purple color of the shampoo and the conditioner is a nice light purple!
Cordova, TN
This is one of my favorite purple shampoos. It takes the brassyness out of my blond-dyed hair and doesn’t dry it out as much compared to other brands. My only dislike is the smell. It has a very chemical smell but I can deal with that for an overall better product.
Turners close, Barnsley
I use this shampoo once a week to keep the brassy tones out of my dyed blonde hair. It works amazing and you can see a difference from your first was. The price is good and you get a lot of product so with last a long while. I would definitely recommend this shampoo
Ask a question to the Influenster community...