BY JOHN FRIEDA®

For All Shades of Natural or Colour-Treated Red Hair. This advanced formula addresses the way red colour fades on three colour dimensions.  With daily use it helps maintain rich, vibrant red tones.  Enhanced anti-fading technology and a gentle formula preserves vivid red colour and magnifies shine.  Attracts light and amplifies rich tones to transform red hair. . see more...

• i bought this today, i dyed my hair a brownish dark red will this c...1 Answers
  • I've been dying my hair burgundy red for about 6 months now. As th...1 Answers
  • I just recently dyed my hair strawberry blonde. Is this shampoo goo...1 Answers
Laura A.
Laura A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Red hair fades more than any other color so it's extra important to use color protecting products. Unfortunately the options are limited for red hair. John Frieda makes so many products for blondes and brunettes, that enhance the colors, adding a little color (the glosses for example) but for red only the shampoo and conditioner exist. It's better than nothing, and as the only drugstore option I like it but it often isn't even in stock. If you can spend more money there are better options but personally I can't spend $20+ on just shampoo
Stephanie W.
Stephanie W.
Saint Ann, MO
I have been dying my hair red for a LONG time. I have used a variety of shampoos and things to make the color last. This stuff worked well enough. I did notice a last in my color by at least a week. However, if you're looking for a color depositing shampoo/conditioner, this isn't it, despite the color of the stuff. Also, the smell is an acquired taste, in my opinion. Does the job, though.
Ashley G.
Ashley G.
Augusta, GA
Just recently dyed my hair red, and needed to find a shampoo tof keep the color vibrant. I found this stuff at Target and decided to give it a go. It worked ok, but still not exactly what I'm looking for. The price was right, but I think I'll try another brand when this bottle runs out.
Audrey A.
Audrey A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this shampoo. It works great at keeping my red hair vibrant without applying harsh chemicals. It smells great and is the perfect consistency to foam up and wash my hair with. It is my go to shampoo!
Katie F.
Katie F.
It can be so difficult to keep your red vibrant but John Frieda's Radiant Red products do the job. It helps keep your color and shine so you healthy hair looks beautiful all the time.
Jasmine M.
Jasmine M.
Best shampoo for red heads . I love this shampoo . My red hair color is still bright just how I like it and it's cleans my scalp very well
Kimberly F.
Kimberly F.
Allen, TX
For color Hai this is a GREAT produce
I love this for a red glow.
Have a great day all
Kimberly
brianna p.
brianna p.
BARNESVILLE, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Not impressed. I have been salon dying my hair bright Ariel red for about 4 months and the upkeep is so much work so I tried this shampoo in hopes that this would slow down the fade process of my red locks. Boy was I wrong. This contains so much sulfate its crazy to say this helps hair color not fade. I do like that It leaves my hair shiny and soft but I could have purchased a better shampoo that would do the same. It comes out in a gel texture thats pinkish red and It made my color fade ever faster. I suggest anyone with bright red hair to use a salon brand color protector. Not this product
Cassie K.
Cassie K.
I wouldn't say that this enhances any of the red tones in my hair, but i feel like it did retain the red tones already there (from the dye) longer than some other shampoos. Honestly, I use this shampoo now that I don't even have red in my hair, just because i think it smells fantastic. I will say that it is quite a thick shampoo, so the amount you use can be deceiving. You don't need that much, but it does take a little bit of work to get a lather going.
Kelly M.
Kelly M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I found this shampoo and conditioner when I first dyed my hair red and I have lived for it since. It is hard to find where I live but when I do come across it I grab a bunch just to keep them stocked. It keeps my red hair intact and keeps it from bleeding or becoming faded over the months until I dye it again. It is extremely affordable and lasts me a month or two until the product is done. A little goes a long with with this products and I will continue to pick them up when I do see them or come across them.
Jessica K.
Jessica K.
Has anyone tried it who has natural red hair? I have natural red hair and I just want some highlights but I do not want to dye my hair. What can I do?
Lesli M.
Lesli M.
Panama City, FL
Is this a color depositing shampoo or does it just 'seal' the cuticle to slow down fading?
Caridania P.
Caridania P.
I've been dying my hair burgundy red for about 6 months now. As this deposits the color, will it affect my future color jobs?
Breeze H.
Breeze H.
Salesville, OH
I just recently dyed my hair strawberry blonde. Is this shampoo good for maintaining the red tones, or is it just a gimmick?
Melissa M.
Melissa M.
Union, NJ
What brand and shade dye do you use it with? I am looking to add more red dye to my hair, and not sure which brand to try.