BY JOHN FRIEDA®

For All Shades of Natural or Colour-Treated Red Hair. This advanced formula addresses the way red colour fades on three colour dimensions.  With daily use it helps maintain rich, vibrant red tones.  Enhanced anti-fading technology and a gentle formula preserves vivid red colour and magnifies shine.  Attracts light and amplifies rich tones to transform red hair. . see more...

• i bought this today, i dyed my hair a brownish dark red will this...1 Answers
  • I've been dying my hair burgundy red for about 6 months now. As ...1 Answers
  • I just recently dyed my hair strawberry blonde. Is this shampoo g...1 Answers
Heather C.
Middlesboro, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have red hair so when i want to freshen uo my color i grab this in the shower it makes the color in my hair pop and makes it soft and shiny i couldnt ask for a better red shampoo and conditioner
Kerry B.
Camp Hill, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Red hair color is almost impossible to maintain, yet red is what I love most.  I bought this first when I was trying to protect my hair color since it was  the most affordable.  But you know what they say: "You get what  you pay for."  So I'd suggest splurging on something a little more "salon branded" if you want to preserve your red.
Sofya G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
A really fantastic shampoo for redheads. I find that this does a good job of keeping cool-toned reds in place and keeps them from getting brassy. It lathers really nicely as well.
Kaitlyn K.
Ramsey, MN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this shampoo when I have red hair. It has a good scent and I like that it has the red tint to keep the color fresh looking! It seems to make my color last a little bit longer.
Je'Kia W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'm a natural (3c) hair girl and my hair is color treated red, we all know that red fades ridiculously fast and it may bleed every wash depending on the brand you used to color your hair. I literally just picked this up along with the conditioner from CVS for about $14 which is amazing considering how much natural hair products cost. The shampoo has a gel like consistency ( like a moisturizing gel not hair gel), it smells good and lathers great , and left my hair extremely soft and vibrant. The only thing is I wish the conditioner came in a bigger bottle #MuseofInfluenster
Jenn F.
Bremerton, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This works like MAGIC to prolong my red colored hair. It left my hair feeling clean and soft. The only major draw back to this product that it will stain your shower.
Kelly M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I found this shampoo and conditioner when I first dyed my hair red and I have lived for it since. It is hard to find where I live but when I do come across it I grab a bunch just to keep them stocked. It keeps my red hair intact and keeps it from bleeding or becoming faded over the months until I dye it again. It is extremely affordable and lasts me a month or two until the product is done. A little goes a long with with this products and I will continue to pick them up when I do see them or come across them.
Lycaness ..
Beauty Junkie Expert
I really hate when Shampoo companies basically lie to you, and that is precisely what this one does. It has sulfates in it, so it literally does nothing to preserve your red hair. Yeah it has some coloring in it to make you think it helps, but unfortunately it doesn't.
Allie S.
Baldwin, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've been dying my hair red for years now. I gave this shampoo a try a couple of years ago because I was on a budget and knew John Frieda was a trusted name in hair care. Unfortunately, I as not impressed. I felt it didn't really keep my hair vibrant like out of the salon and it did fade faster than I was expecting. It's a good price, but I would buy a high brand shampoo to make sure your red stays vibrant!
Julie B.
Simpsonville, SC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I enjoy this shampoo and conditioner better than The Ulta brand for red hair. It's cheap and gets the job done! Love the way it lathers and smells good unlike others. I do use the Ulta Glaze in red with this shampoo & conditioner and it works even better! You don't need an expensive shampoo to maintain red hair. This will work. I have a deep red and it makes it look so good. My hair is super thick too.
Jessica K.
Has anyone tried it who has natural red hair? I have natural red hair and I just want some highlights but I do not want to dye my hair. What can I do?
Lesli M.
Panama City, FL
Is this a color depositing shampoo or does it just 'seal' the cuticle to slow down fading?
Maura A.
N Wildwood, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
I began using this hair product at the beginning of the summer because I tend to lose the red tones in my hair when it lightens up from the sun. This product helped me to keep my red undertones all summer long and to top it all off the product leaves your hair feeling soft, clean, and repairs damages. I love this product and am going to continue to use it.
Melissa M.
Union, NJ
What brand and shade dye do you use it with? I am looking to add more red dye to my hair, and not sure which brand to try.
Breeze H.
Salesville, OH
I just recently dyed my hair strawberry blonde. Is this shampoo good for maintaining the red tones, or is it just a gimmick?