BY JOHN FRIEDA®

For All Shades of Natural or Colour-Treated Red Hair. This advanced formula addresses the way red colour fades on three colour dimensions.  With daily use it helps maintain rich, vibrant red tones.  Enhanced anti-fading technology and a gentle formula preserves vivid red colour and magnifies shine.  Attracts light and amplifies rich tones to transform red hair. . see more...

• i bought this today, i dyed my hair a brownish dark red will this...1 Answers
  • I've been dying my hair burgundy red for about 6 months now. As ...1 Answers
  • I just recently dyed my hair strawberry blonde. Is this shampoo g...1 Answers
Ky M.
Oregon city , OR
I love this product. Each time that I had red, purple, or pink colored hair I would use this to keep my hair bright and vivid! Even when I had brown hair this product added a red tint to it. It doesn't disperse pigment straight onto your hair but it still gives a very red tint!
Kristen E.
Davison , MI
This product is great for the price. I love having a red tint to my hair and it usually fades quickly until I found this product. The scent is a bit odd but I got used to it quickly and it grew on me. It seems to help the color stay in my hair longer than other “color protecting” shampoos out there. The shampoo and conditioner are both tinted red which may also help with holding the color. I am not positive it’s simply an observation.
Kerry B.
Camp Hill, PA
Red hair color is almost impossible to maintain, yet red is what I love most.  I bought this first when I was trying to protect my hair color since it was  the most affordable.  But you know what they say: "You get what  you pay for."  So I'd suggest splurging on something a little more "salon branded" if you want to preserve your red.
Amanda D.
Tigard, OR
Red hair color has a tendency to wash out quickly. This holds my color in better than more expensive products. This is my absolute favorite budget color protection shampoo.
Jekia W.
I'm a natural (3c) hair girl and my hair is color treated red, we all know that red fades ridiculously fast and it may bleed every wash depending on the brand you used to color your hair. I literally just picked this up along with the conditioner from CVS for about $14 which is amazing considering how much natural hair products cost. The shampoo has a gel like consistency ( like a moisturizing gel not hair gel), it smells good and lathers great , and left my hair extremely soft and vibrant. The only thing is I wish the conditioner came in a bigger bottle #MuseofInfluenster
Kelly M.
I found this shampoo and conditioner when I first dyed my hair red and I have lived for it since. It is hard to find where I live but when I do come across it I grab a bunch just to keep them stocked. It keeps my red hair intact and keeps it from bleeding or becoming faded over the months until I dye it again. It is extremely affordable and lasts me a month or two until the product is done. A little goes a long with with this products and I will continue to pick them up when I do see them or come across them.
Lycaness ..
I really hate when Shampoo companies basically lie to you, and that is precisely what this one does. It has sulfates in it, so it literally does nothing to preserve your red hair. Yeah it has some coloring in it to make you think it helps, but unfortunately it doesn't.
Allie S.
Baldwin, NY
I've been dying my hair red for years now. I gave this shampoo a try a couple of years ago because I was on a budget and knew John Frieda was a trusted name in hair care. Unfortunately, I as not impressed. I felt it didn't really keep my hair vibrant like out of the salon and it did fade faster than I was expecting. It's a good price, but I would buy a high brand shampoo to make sure your red stays vibrant!
Julie B.
Simpsonville, SC
I enjoy this shampoo and conditioner better than The Ulta brand for red hair. It's cheap and gets the job done! Love the way it lathers and smells good unlike others. I do use the Ulta Glaze in red with this shampoo & conditioner and it works even better! You don't need an expensive shampoo to maintain red hair. This will work. I have a deep red and it makes it look so good. My hair is super thick too.
Lailee D.
Glendora, CA
When i first dyed my hair red it was kinda hard to keep it the vibrate red i wanted. Saw this shampoo and conditioner on sale and decided to get it. I have been a vibrate red head for 3 years and dont use any other shampoo or conditioner for my hair. Works better then the salon shampoo and twice as cheap.
Jessica K.
Has anyone tried it who has natural red hair? I have natural red hair and I just want some highlights but I do not want to dye my hair. What can I do?
Lesli M.
Panama City, FL
Is this a color depositing shampoo or does it just 'seal' the cuticle to slow down fading?
Sherry D.
Rutledge
Hi I finally after years of being terrified I finally went red..My question is ..is any red shampoo OK to use
Caridania P.
I've been dying my hair burgundy red for about 6 months now. As this deposits the color, will it affect my future color jobs?
Cassandra I.
I don't want to spend the money on something that doesn't actually work well, so is this worth it??