BY JOHN FRIEDA® #25 in Permanent Hair Color

From the John Frieda® Hair Care expert colorists. Our thick, saturating foam helps lock in rich, salon-quality hair color. Non-drip foam formula penetrates strands for deep color saturation and spreads easily into roots and hard-to-reach areas, for complete coverage without patchiness. 100% grey coverage. Nourishing after-color conditioner seals in color for long-lasting, tonal richness.

colorant: Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Decyl Glucoside, Ammonium Bicarbonate, Propylene Glycol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Ethanolamine, Laureth-23, Parfum, Polyquaternium-7, Sodium Sulfite, Alcohol, Ascorbic Acid, Polyquaternium-22, Toluene-2,5-Diamine Sulfate, Myristyl Alcohol, Resorcinol, Potassium Oleate, m-Aminophenol, C11-15 Pareth-9, Tetrasodium EDTA

Developer:  Aqua, Hydrogen Peroxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Etidronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Salicylic Acid, Acetaminophen

After color Conditioner: Water, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Trisiloxane, Cetyl Esters, Dipropylene Glycol, Benzoic Acid, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Quaternium-91, Cetearyl Alcohol, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil

• I have been using this John Frieda, 3VR, for as long as I...1 Answers
  • I have very thick hair and the length goes to about where...2 Answers
  • How well does this product last? Does it have amonia?2 Answers
John Frieda® Precision Foam Color Permanent Hair Colour
  • "It's very easy to apply and I feel secure that my hair is covered well because you are actually Supposed to rub it in." in 8 reviews
  • "I used this two different times, both with a red dye and red is super hard to maintain but I found it was really easy to use." in 7 reviews
  • "I use it in conjunction with John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette for colored hair and the color lasts a long time and only starts to fade after 2 months." in 6 reviews
  • "First time I used I had shoulder length hair but it is very thick and one box really wasn't quite enough, when using liquid one box is plenty." in 6 reviews
  • "The color is also staying really well in my hair, most reds fade really fast and everywhere and I haven't seen that with this." in 5 reviews
Mary H.
Decatur, MS
I had never dyed my hair before a year ago. My friend used a non-foam colour and dyed it for me but when it came to doing it myself with the thick hair that I have I decided to try this product. I started with 4R Dark Red Brown as my hair is naturally light brown and it wasn't too far off. Loved the ease of use and that I could do it myself and achieve great coverage. The hair is also really shiny and happy after application. After a while though I wanted to go more red and John Frieda only had more auburn colors so I tried Garnier Nutrisse's foam product in 6UR Light Ultra Intense Red. I liked it at first because the color was closer to what I wanted but after a few uses the color got darker and made my hair feel dry and unhealthy. I decided to switch back to John Frieda and (lucky me!) they have just came out with two new red colours called Salon Trends. I lightened my hair and then used 7CC Fiery Copper Sands which gave me a great natural light red colour. I highly recommend those that want to go red to try these new colours so they will keep them in stock. ;)
Natalie M.
Stuart, FL
Long lasting color! Love the scent too! Foam makes it sooooo much easier to apply! I'm so impressed I will never use any other product to color my hair again. Will definitely be purchasing again! I tell all of my friends about this stuff
Cathy S.
Suwanee, GA
Review for: Deep Cherry Brown (3VR) more...
Been using this for two years now. So easy to apply if you spill the foam it cleans up easily in the bathroom. Let it sit for 30 minutes to cover grey hair! Smells nice when on and lasts a good 6 weeks before it fades if you use a quality color shampoo and conditioner.
Vicki S.
Mechanicville, NY
This is the easiest hair color product to mix and apply. I have brown hair with red highlights as my normal color. I am getting some white hair now that I am in my early 40s...Not a lot, but some. Not gray, but snow white. The kind that is impossible to cover. But this product gets them all. I can go 5 weeks probably before needing to re-apply, but I always have gorgeous rich, highlighted hair just from this product and I get a ton of compliments. I pay about $14/box for this brand as opposed to some other color brands which can be as low as $4/box. The $14 is still such a savings from a salon job and it looks just as nice. My hair is always very soft and shiny after using this product. It also comes with a good sized bottle of conditioner as opposed to the packets some other brands include with their color product. I usually get 3 -4 uses out of the conditioner and I use a LOT of it and I have hair half way down my back.
Daniela D.
California
Review for: Red Copper Canyon 6RC more...
I only used this product once. And I have to say it smells good but it didn't last on my hair at all. It just faded way to quick. I don't know if it was cause I had bleached my hair before. But I would definitely give it another try.
🌲🐺🖤👽 K.
Milwaukee
Review for: Dark Cool Espresso Brown 4PBN more...
The best box dye you can find. The foam is super easy to apply. Available at any drug store. Very effective and easy to apply. Usually lasts for three months before roots or fading occurs. It's the only box dye I will buy.
Kali M.
Review for: Sheer Blonde John Frieda Precision Foam Hair Colour 4Pbn Dark Cool Espresso Brown, 1 ct (Pack of 2) more...
For year I used they old hair dye with the mixing but when I found this 2 years ago I absolutely 100% love this hair dye it stays in place the color pay out is amazing. I am a forever buyer
Jessie J.
Review for: Fiery Copper Sands 7CC, Other more...
Easy application, high gloss color for a decent price. I have used this color for the past year now and it hasn't let me down yet. I pair it with my John Frieda leave in hair conditioner and my curls are set to go out for a night on the town. Nothing better!
stephanie f.
Lexington, SC
I have used the John Freida Light Blonde Foam Mousse twice now. What I like about this product most is the fact is that it is nearly fool proof in terms of application. I also like that it is not as messy as the regular dye. The foam makes it a lot easier to tell where you have applied on your hair for all over application at or near the roots. The results are closer to authentic looking salon color that people compliment you on. The price point is reasonable. The color doesn't fade quickly. The only con that I can see over L'oreal's foam product is that L'oreal 's foam product comes in a reusable can. That is a brilliant idea, no waste, and is reusable!
Amber S.
Jack, AL
Review for: Med Cool Pearl Brown 5PBN more...
I have used john Frieda hair coloring and it works great! It gives you the color you are looking for and allows it to smell like that fresh salon smell you get right when you walk out!
Barbara B.
Which is better traditional hair dye or the foam (for long hair), what makes it better??
Alexus R.
Clinton Twp, MI
I have been wanting to try this for awhile. Is it easy to apply? Does it cover your whole head?
Amanda G.
Toledo, OH
For shoulder length, semi thick hair, is one box enough?
Valarie H.
Tulsa, OK
Did John Frieda last long for you? Did anyone else think it was pricey for the amount of product in the bottle?
Shannon M.
Apex, NC
I was wondering if anyone has ever used hair dye for eyebrows. And if so, what brand works best?

back