BY JOHN FRIEDA® #26 in Permanent Hair Color

Our non-drip foam formula penetrates strands for deep colour saturation and spreads easily into roots and hard-to-reach areas for complete coverage without patchiness. The result—salon-quality colour with 100% grey coverage.

• I have been using this John Frieda, 3VR, for as long as I can rem...1 Answers
  • I have very thick hair and the length goes to about where my bra ...2 Answers
  • How well does this product last? Does it have amonia?2 Answers
John Frieda® Precision Foam Color Permanent Hair Colour
  • "It's very easy to apply and I feel secure that my hair is covered well because you are actually Supposed to rub it in." in 8 reviews
  • "I used this two different times, both with a red dye and red is super hard to maintain but I found it was really easy to use." in 7 reviews
  • "I use it in conjunction with John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette for colored hair and the color lasts a long time and only starts to fade after 2 months." in 6 reviews
  • "First time I used I had shoulder length hair but it is very thick and one box really wasn't quite enough, when using liquid one box is plenty." in 6 reviews
  • "The color is also staying really well in my hair, most reds fade really fast and everywhere and I haven't seen that with this." in 5 reviews
Katie C.
Umatilla, FL
I have been using this color for a few months now and I absolutely love it!!! I use the 4R Dark Red Brown and it is so true to the color on the box. The application process is great. I have tried other foams where you had to pump the bottle and it would slip out of my hand and make a mess. This requires you to squeeze the bottle and it is much easier to handle. I don't have any patchy spots like I have had with some creme colors. I don't have anything negative to say about it. Follow the directions and you will have amazing color.
Natasha T.
Palmer, AK
I was pretty disappointed with this. I really wanted to like it since the application was super easy, it didn't leave any marks on my skin, and one box lasted for my thick hair. There was basically no color payout whatsoever. I took a before an after picture and couldn't even see a difference, and from the color on the box, there should have been a change. I was bummed. Wouldn't recommend.
Mehgan T.
Kingman, AZ
I love this. I love that it is so simple to apply on my own. I have thick shoulder length hair and one box is enough. I use it to cover greys and it does well. I use it in conjunction with John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette for colored hair and the color lasts a long time and only starts to fade after 2 months. It also seems to add dimensions to the color, rather than leaving all of the hair a single flat shade. My hair grows very quickly and after a month I have an inch of new roots to cover up but luckily this dye doesn't murder my hair like other dyes I have used.

The representations on the side of the box showing you which color to expect to get using the dye is also very accurate.
Amy M.
Marina, CA
When I want to go red, this is the only product I will use. The color is shiny and vibrant, and it hardly fades over time. It is gradual and does not turn brassy. I am always complimented on my hair color and many people think that it is natural because of my eyebrows. Highly recommended!
Amber T.
Bluff City, TN
I have natural dark brown/black hair color and made a mistake by going to a salon for highlights. I hated the way they looked but didn't want to spend another 70+ at a salon to get my hair colored again. That's when I went looking for a box color I could do on my own. I picked up the John Frieda foam in the dark brown/black color and I LOVE the way it turned out! It was so easy to apply and it did a great job toning down my highlights. After a few weeks you may start to see a little fade in the color, but hey that's with any hair color really! Great price, great application, great results!
Janna W.
DOES NOT FADE!!! Easy, little-to-no-mess and no harsh smell. I've been using JF for several years and the few times a coupon or ask has lured me to try something else, I come right back. I usually purchase at Ulta with coupon (3.50 off) which means for less than $10 I can get the same results I'd get fit about $70 at the salon. My favorite thing is this color COVERS THE GRAY and does not fade, I'm a 2N and about 80% gray. Best product for the money. Also comes with a generous tube of conditioner which is a bonus!
Jarin B.
Rogers, AR
I have tried numerous hair dyes at home as going to the salon is very expensive for me with my extra long, thick hair. It was costing me a fortune. Being naturally blonde I could never find an at-home dye that would keep the color long enough to not look brassy, I found this hair color and have been in love. I have been using it exclusively since I first bought it and my hair looks great! LOVE THIS! Can't live without it! :)
Martina B.
Wexford, PA
I tried this because I liked the idea of doing an easier method of hair color. I was disappointed because it rinsed out it seemed within a few shampoos, so I'm not sure if I just did it wrong or what.
Angel K.
MURFREESBORO, TN
I love the coverage that a foam allows me to apply myself. The range of colors are innovative and the color is gentle on your hair. I would love to have the courage to do a really bold color. IFT gives you both a natural look and a bold colorful unnatural color. This s the only brand of hair color I use these days. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being best,it rates a 10!
Andrea R.
Review for: Radiant Red Light Red 6R, 6R Radiant Red Light Red more...
Love this foam hair color! It doesn't drip and it really colors your hair well. It doesn't have that super strong ammonia smell like most hair dyes do. After using the color foam and the included conditioner, my hair felt soft and conditioned and full of color. I would definitely recommend this product to my friends. its easy to use and it doesn't cost as much as a salon color treatment. If you have longer than shoulder length or super thick hair, you will need to buy two sets of coloring.
Barbara B.
Which is better traditional hair dye or the foam (for long hair), what makes it better??
Alexus R.
Clinton Twp, MI
I have been wanting to try this for awhile. Is it easy to apply? Does it cover your whole head?
Amanda G.
Toledo, OH
For shoulder length, semi thick hair, is one box enough?
Valarie H.
Tulsa, OK
Did John Frieda last long for you? Did anyone else think it was pricey for the amount of product in the bottle?
Shannon M.
Apex, NC
I was wondering if anyone has ever used hair dye for eyebrows. And if so, what brand works best?