BY JOHN FRIEDA® #26 in Permanent Hair Color

Our non-drip foam formula penetrates strands for deep colour saturation and spreads easily into roots and hard-to-reach areas for complete coverage without patchiness. The result—salon-quality colour with 100% grey coverage.

• I have been using this John Frieda, 3VR, for as long as I can rem...1 Answers
  • I have very thick hair and the length goes to about where my bra ...2 Answers
  • How well does this product last? Does it have amonia?2 Answers
John Frieda® Precision Foam Color Permanent Hair Colour
  • "It's very easy to apply and I feel secure that my hair is covered well because you are actually Supposed to rub it in." in 8 reviews
  • "I used this two different times, both with a red dye and red is super hard to maintain but I found it was really easy to use." in 7 reviews
  • "I use it in conjunction with John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette for colored hair and the color lasts a long time and only starts to fade after 2 months." in 6 reviews
  • "First time I used I had shoulder length hair but it is very thick and one box really wasn't quite enough, when using liquid one box is plenty." in 6 reviews
  • "The color is also staying really well in my hair, most reds fade really fast and everywhere and I haven't seen that with this." in 5 reviews
Elaine B.
San Antonio, TX
I really loved this product. It was very easy to apply, colored evenly, looks great and I didn't make a mess using it. I have used many brands of hair color and usually have problems applying the color evenly because I have very thick hair. I also usually end up with a mess or stain on something. My only complaint is that the chemicals gave me a migraine that lasted 2 weeks, which is very unusual for me. Scents and chemicals do tend to bother me, but I've never had a hair color give me problems for more than a day. I did contact the manufacturer and fill out a questionnaire for them on this issue. I would not hesitate to recommend it to my friends.
Sarah W.
Portsmouth, OH
This is the best hair dye I have ever used. Before discovering the John Frieda foam color I was never able to dye my hair without assistance. My hair comes down to the middle of my back. I have also never been able to get away with using only 1 box of hair dye. The foam makes it fool-proof and you can feel it bubbling it's way around all the spots you may have missed. There are absolutely no drips and no mess. They give you enough product to completely saturate your hair and it comes off of skin easily in case you accidentally paint your entire ear. (Which I manage to do every time I dye my hair.) It covers gray completely and one of the BEST parts for me is the amount of conditioner you get with this product. They give you more than enough to last until your next dye job, and it smells incredible! If you haven't tried it I highly recommend it. I can dye my hair in half the time and the resulting color is always rich and vibrant.
Patricia H.
Milwaukee, WI
I must say I was skeptical of using foam on my hair. I bought the 3VR dark cherry. When I pulled out the bottle and saw only half bottle was full, I thought, good thing for buying to 2 boxes due to the thickness of my hair even though its a little short. I was amazed at how little of the bottle it took to cover my hair. I kept putting it on hoping to hit every spot more than once. After dying my hair i could not notice any spots where i may have missed. The product was very easy to use and clean my face after dying my hair. There were no stains to clean up. SO far so good and its only been a week since I tried this wonderful product.
Chris N.
Escanaba, MI
John Frieda is the best out there for coloring your own hair. so easy to use and the color turns out so beautiful and does not dry out your hair like other, cheaper brands do. I highly recommend John Frieda, the after conditioner is awesome.. just wish the stores around here carried more of the colors. the mousse that you use to apply it is wonderful so it is easy to apply yourself with no help from anyone.. great product for sure and worth the price anyday
Lucy V.
Hollywood, FL
I always find that other non-foam brands I end up having to use 2 bottles which is even pricier. I have hair past my braline and have very stubborn grays to cover and I was pleasantly surprised as to how much foam it actually created...I was massaging it in every which way just to finish off the bottle because I didn't want to throw it out. I am sticking to this brand going forward because they are like the only cruelty-free drugstore brand hair dye available.
Kelsie G.
Austin, TX
This product worked well, but did not come out the color expected so I am a little disappointed. My hair was a light brown and I dyed it a dark brown but it only came out to be a slightly darker brown than it was before. Maybe my fault, but the color indicated on the box was a little misleading. That being said, I didn't have any problems with patches because of the foam. My hair did feel gunky the day after I dyed it, but that's only temporary. Overall, I think it's good if you know you have problems with missing spots, but if you are good about applying hair dye evenly then save your money.
Katlin L.
Gastonia, NC
Just did my hair last night with this, so.. first off, I did my best friends rainbow colored hair, it colored it great, but her blue stuck out. It colored mine fantastic!
Terri S.
This is the best hair color I've ever used. I am very mixed racially and by nationality so my hair type is quite different. It is fine, but very thick. I have a slight wave but not enough for it to curl naturally. So to manage it easily, I straighten it chemically. I like John Frieda because it covers very well and leaves my hair extremely soft. It is VERY easy to apply.
Lilah M.
Bellevue, WA
I used it to do my sister's hair which is very curly and thick. This stuff is incredible! First, it is very easy to use and apply. Doesn't have that awful smell most hair dyes have actually smells good and the coverage is amazing. The conditioner that it comes with made her hair so soft and healthy. She was so happy and in love!! Most definitely a recommended product and for sure a repurchase.
Nunu P.
Little Ferry, NJ
This product is ok. I'm use to doing my hair color at home (since it's so much, much more affordable than going to the salon every 3 months). I had high hopes for this product since it has such good reviews, however I was not a fan of the product. The foam was easy to use but in the end the color was not as nice as I wanted it and it did not last as long as my Loreal hair dye, so won't be repurchasing.
Barbara B.
Which is better traditional hair dye or the foam (for long hair), what makes it better??
Alexus R.
Clinton Twp, MI
I have been wanting to try this for awhile. Is it easy to apply? Does it cover your whole head?
Amanda G.
Toledo, OH
For shoulder length, semi thick hair, is one box enough?
Valarie H.
Tulsa, OK
Did John Frieda last long for you? Did anyone else think it was pricey for the amount of product in the bottle?
Shannon M.
Apex, NC
I was wondering if anyone has ever used hair dye for eyebrows. And if so, what brand works best?