BY JOHN FRIEDA®

From the John Frieda® Hair Care expert colorists. Our thick, saturating foam helps lock in rich, salon-quality hair color. Non-drip foam formula penetrates strands for deep color saturation and spreads easily into roots and hard-to-reach areas, for complete coverage without patchiness. 100% grey coverage. Nourishing after-color conditioner seals in color for long-lasting, tonal richness.

colorant: Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Decyl Glucoside, Ammonium Bicarbonate, Propylene Glycol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Ethanolamine, Laureth-23, Parfum, Polyquaternium-7, Sodium Sulfite, Alcohol, Ascorbic Acid, Polyquaternium-22, Toluene-2,5-Diamine Sulfate, Myristyl Alcohol, Resorcinol, Potassium Oleate, m-Aminophenol, C11-15 Pareth-9, Tetrasodium EDTA

Developer:  Aqua, Hydrogen Peroxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Etidronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Salicylic Acid, Acetaminophen

After color Conditioner: Water, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Trisiloxane, Cetyl Esters, Dipropylene Glycol, Benzoic Acid, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Quaternium-91, Cetearyl Alcohol, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil

John Frieda® Precision Foam Color Permanent Hair Colour
  • "It's very easy to apply and I feel secure that my hair is covered well because you are actually Supposed to rub it in." in 8 reviews
  • "I used this two different times, both with a red dye and red is super hard to maintain but I found it was really easy to use." in 7 reviews
  • "I use it in conjunction with John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette for colored hair and the color lasts a long time and only starts to fade after 2 months." in 6 reviews
  • "First time I used I had shoulder length hair but it is very thick and one box really wasn't quite enough, when using liquid one box is plenty." in 6 reviews
  • "The color is also staying really well in my hair, most reds fade really fast and everywhere and I haven't seen that with this." in 5 reviews
Angie R.
Hutchinson
I do the curly girl method in my hair and this is one of the only safe colors to use. I use it. Works well. Nothing super amazing but good for a home dye product.
Kimberly J.
Lansing, MI
Review for: Deep Cherry Brown (3VR) more...
I love this hair dye. I believe their scaling back distribution but I will follow it to the cave where Voldemort hid a horcrux because it is that good.

Simple to use. I love the final look. I think it fades beautifully, people are always telling me they love that I change up my hair but in reality it's just how the color fades.
Lesley C.
Monessen, PA
This is by far the best home hair color I have ever used. It is very long lasting and natural looking. I love that it is an easy to use foam which is much easier to work with when you're doing this by yourself. I also have thick, medium length hair and one box is still enough. I highly recommend this product.
Sara B.
Richland, WA
Review for: Light Natural Pearl Blonde (9NP) more...
The John Frieda hair color line is absolutely amazing compared to other boxed hair dyes! It gives you a gorgeous even color! It also comes with a conditioner that is absolutely amazing! I will be purchasing it again'
Kimono_kat k.
Austin, TX
Review for: Blue Black (2A) more...
I usually color my hair at home and John Frieda has been my go-to in the past year. They offer variety choice of colors and I like that it didn't dry my hair out. The application and the guidance come in very handy however, since I have really long hair, I would suggest you use 2 boxes if your hair is longer than medium length. Sometimes the color won't come out even especially on the lighter one but I usually go for dark color now so it's been great. Plus the scent is not overwhelming at all.
Sarah G.
Powell
Review for: Light Golden Brown (6G) more...
The dye itself is good, the color is true to the photos on the box, and doesn't face fast like cheaper brands. However, the foam format that is so easy to use and covers so well for all-over color is a real bugger to use for root dyeing, especially if your hair is very short. I wound up coloring over everything and going too dark. I loved how this worked for grey coverage and how easy it was to get my hair saturated but I can't for the life of me figure out how to root dye with this stuff.
Theresa D.
Lansing, MI
Review for: Red Copper Canyon 6RC more...
So the idea of this product is that the foam gives a more even distribution of hair color throughout, giving you a flawless look. My problem is that it took two boxes because my hair just soaked it right up. It ended up giving me the color I wanted, but then it washed out quickly.
Danielle A.
Tuscaloosa, AL
This is my holy grail hair color. I always buy it in the color 2N (which I am having a very hard time finding lately). The foam application is very non- messy and easy to do. I was able to apply this to my own hair with ease because I didn't have to worry about getting it everywhere. The smell isn't as strong as other colors, which was a plus for me. The color pay off is phenomenal and it doesn't feel like my hair is extremely damaged after. I will continue purchasing!
Annie G.
Review for: Extra Light Natural Blonde more...
Having dyed my hair from a box since 2007, I've gone through several brands and sales. The trick to hitting pesky roots on the crown and through the base of my head is using a formula that spreads quickly and efficiently. John Frieda's latest line of hair dye is excellent for this reason -- the foam formula clings to every strand giving a final shiny and healthy look!
Ariana T.
Mascoutah, IL
Review for: Dark Cool Espresso Brown (4PBN) more...
My grandmother is a hair dresser so never had to color my own hair until I moved away. I tried different brands of foam but I felt that the color went away within a couple washes. Decided to try this brand due to nothing else being in store and it's like fate made me stumble across my new favorite product! I did black and it's been 3 months and still looks great!
Barbara B.
Which is better traditional hair dye or the foam (for long hair), what makes it better??
Alexus R.
Clinton Twp, MI
I have been wanting to try this for awhile. Is it easy to apply? Does it cover your whole head?
Amanda G.
Toledo, OH
For shoulder length, semi thick hair, is one box enough?
Valarie H.
Tulsa, OK
Did John Frieda last long for you? Did anyone else think it was pricey for the amount of product in the bottle?
Shannon M.
Apex, NC
I was wondering if anyone has ever used hair dye for eyebrows. And if so, what brand works best?