BY JOHN FRIEDA® #38 in Permanent Hair Color

From the John Frieda® Hair Care expert colorists. Our thick, saturating foam helps lock in rich, salon-quality hair color. Non-drip foam formula penetrates strands for deep color saturation and spreads easily into roots and hard-to-reach areas, for complete coverage without patchiness. 100% grey coverage. Nourishing after-color conditioner seals in color for long-lasting, tonal richness.

colorant: Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Decyl Glucoside, Ammonium Bicarbonate, Propylene Glycol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Ethanolamine, Laureth-23, Parfum, Polyquaternium-7, Sodium Sulfite, Alcohol, Ascorbic Acid, Polyquaternium-22, Toluene-2,5-Diamine Sulfate, Myristyl Alcohol, Resorcinol, Potassium Oleate, m-Aminophenol, C11-15 Pareth-9, Tetrasodium EDTA

Developer:  Aqua, Hydrogen Peroxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Etidronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Salicylic Acid, Acetaminophen

After color Conditioner: Water, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Trisiloxane, Cetyl Esters, Dipropylene Glycol, Benzoic Acid, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Quaternium-91, Cetearyl Alcohol, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil

• I have been using this John Frieda, 3VR, for as long as I...1 Answers
  • I have very thick hair and the length goes to about where...2 Answers
  • How well does this product last? Does it have amonia?2 Answers
Buy on Amazon
  • "It's very easy to apply and I feel secure that my hair is covered well because you are actually Supposed to rub it in." in 8 reviews
  • "I used this two different times, both with a red dye and red is super hard to maintain but I found it was really easy to use." in 7 reviews
  • "I use it in conjunction with John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette for colored hair and the color lasts a long time and only starts to fade after 2 months." in 6 reviews
  • "First time I used I had shoulder length hair but it is very thick and one box really wasn't quite enough, when using liquid one box is plenty." in 6 reviews
  • "The color is also staying really well in my hair, most reds fade really fast and everywhere and I haven't seen that with this." in 5 reviews
Shelby K.
Spokane, WA
Review for: Radiant Red Light Red 6R, 6R Radiant Red Light Red more...
This is great product for people who like to color their own hair, It is extremely easy to use. The foam gives fantastic coverage and Is very non-messy unlike other hair color formulas. It makes it easy to be sure that you have not missed a spot. The color is beautiful!
Mary D.
Saint Clair, MI
I like this hair color the best of all. It was easy to use, didn't drip down my face like others and the color lasts for weeks. It also didn't dry out my hair like some other color's have done.
Holly S.
Draper, UT
Reasons to love it. It's foam so it's super easy and less messy. Only hair kit I have found that truly doesn't smell like you did anything but washed your hair. I use the blue black and I like it. Gives me shiny lasting color. Yes it's more expensive but it's worth it.
Nicole B.
Princeton, LA
I've colored my hair with varying brands, this has become my first choice when I get new color. Its easy to do, it lasts the longest, and it doesn't dry out my hair.
Crystal B.
Locust Grove, GA
This at home hair color works great! It covered my roots and left my hair a beautiful color. The foam really covers all of the hair even though it seems to be not enough when you first start using it. I will use again!
Cierra R.
Saint Petersburg, FL
I've dyed my hair for 10 years and this is by far the best brand. It's not runny and color is fantastic. I just wished it lasted longer but I suppose it's just my hair that doesn't hold color. I've purchased this time and time again. The cost it worth it.
Megan B.
Nicholasville, KY
I did not like this at all. When I used it I had shoulder length hair, and one box wasn't enough. It didn't feel like it went far at all because it was the foam.
Ashley M.
Ontario, CA
Review for: Medium Chestnut Brown (5NBG) more...
This dye is so easy to use! I love it, at first it may seem like it might not be enough for your hair but it actually has a lot and better then the old style dye
Mayra H.
Royal Plm Bch, FL
Review for: Medium Chestnut Brown (5NBG) more...
Dying your own hair can be a complete nightmare. But this John frieda FOAM is so AMAZING and hassle free! No drips no mess!! And the color is rich and beautiful!
Tracy L.
Schererville, IN
I have to get 2 boxes to color my hair completely, which is not a good thing if I want to mix 2 colors. So I have to get the same color and I am not overly impressed with it. My hair is not long, it is only to the tops of my shoulders.
Barbara B.
Which is better traditional hair dye or the foam (for long hair), what makes it better??
Alexus R.
Clinton Twp, MI
I have been wanting to try this for awhile. Is it easy to apply? Does it cover your whole head?
Amanda G.
Toledo, OH
For shoulder length, semi thick hair, is one box enough?
Valarie H.
Tulsa, OK
Did John Frieda last long for you? Did anyone else think it was pricey for the amount of product in the bottle?
Shannon M.
Apex, NC
I was wondering if anyone has ever used hair dye for eyebrows. And if so, what brand works best?