BY JOHN FRIEDA® #25 in Permanent Hair Color

From the John Frieda® Hair Care expert colorists. Our thick, saturating foam helps lock in rich, salon-quality hair color. Non-drip foam formula penetrates strands for deep color saturation and spreads easily into roots and hard-to-reach areas, for complete coverage without patchiness. 100% grey coverage. Nourishing after-color conditioner seals in color for long-lasting, tonal richness.

colorant: Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Decyl Glucoside, Ammonium Bicarbonate, Propylene Glycol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Ethanolamine, Laureth-23, Parfum, Polyquaternium-7, Sodium Sulfite, Alcohol, Ascorbic Acid, Polyquaternium-22, Toluene-2,5-Diamine Sulfate, Myristyl Alcohol, Resorcinol, Potassium Oleate, m-Aminophenol, C11-15 Pareth-9, Tetrasodium EDTA

Developer:  Aqua, Hydrogen Peroxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Etidronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Salicylic Acid, Acetaminophen

After color Conditioner: Water, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Trisiloxane, Cetyl Esters, Dipropylene Glycol, Benzoic Acid, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Quaternium-91, Cetearyl Alcohol, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil

• I have been using this John Frieda, 3VR, for as long as I...1 Answers
  • I have very thick hair and the length goes to about where...2 Answers
  • How well does this product last? Does it have amonia?2 Answers
John Frieda® Precision Foam Color Permanent Hair Colour
  • "It's very easy to apply and I feel secure that my hair is covered well because you are actually Supposed to rub it in." in 8 reviews
  • "I used this two different times, both with a red dye and red is super hard to maintain but I found it was really easy to use." in 7 reviews
  • "I use it in conjunction with John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette for colored hair and the color lasts a long time and only starts to fade after 2 months." in 6 reviews
  • "First time I used I had shoulder length hair but it is very thick and one box really wasn't quite enough, when using liquid one box is plenty." in 6 reviews
  • "The color is also staying really well in my hair, most reds fade really fast and everywhere and I haven't seen that with this." in 5 reviews
Gabby M.
Valley Park, MO
Review for: Dark Cool Espresso Brown (4PBN) more...
Used this to cover purple. It turned out beautiful! The coverage was amazing and didn’t not stain my scalp or leave spots. It colored better than expected. I definitely would buy it again. I recommend it to anyone looking for a natural easy color.
Madison T.
This is the first hair dye that I brought when I started dying my hair. I loved everything about it. The texture wasn't heavy. It didn't smell bad. It had long lasting color that barely faded until maybe about 6-7 weeks after dying. I love it.
Crystal S.
Jackson, MI
This is the hair color I always use.
With regular color..I have to use 2 boxes because I have super long hair. But with John Frieda, I only have to use one. My hair is brilliantly shiny and rejuvenated after coloring
Shanna P.
Dawsonville, GA
Review for: Dark Cool Espresso Brown 4PBN more...
Love this brand of drug store hair dye! It's easy to apply. And only takes 30 minutes after application before rinse! The color lasts at least 4 weeks with proper care! Make sure you use the conditioner!
Kylie H.
Louisville
Review for: Deep Brown Black (3N) more...
This gives great coverage and a great all over color. I love that it is a foam because it makes WAY less mess for me. I also think that the foam goes a long way. I get more out of the product.
Nicole C.
Arden, NC
I recently have decided to grow my hair out and leave it it's natural color, so I picked this up from my local Walmart to try it out because I've seen a lot of good reviews. I was kind of skeptical when I opened it because it doesn't look like a whole lot of product and I have shorthair and still wasn't sure it would cover my whole head. Turns out this product is amazing I had my whole head covered before I used a quarter of the product the directions say that even if you have shorthair to use three quarters of the bottle so I did I left it on my hair for 25 minutes and my hair came out the most beautiful shade of dark brown almost identical to my natural hair color my hair is soft shiny and looks beautiful. This product doesn't drip and it doesn't have a strong harsh smell compared to other dyes I've used.
Samantha S.
Chester
This is by far the best hair color box dye I have ever used. My hair color lasted for months without fading. I have used a lot of different dyes and this one is great. Slightly more expensive but worth it!
Sarah M.
Cedarhurst , NY
Review for: Red Copper Canyon 6RC more...
I used multiple hair dyes before to color my friend's hair and none of them have been as good as this one. It is neatly packaged and comes with salon quality gloves that fit nicely and make the whole dying process so much simpler.
Normally with regular liquid hair dye you would have to buy a few boxes to cover long hair but this one being foam you only need ONE box and will probably have some dye left over. Another plus is that the conditioner that comes with the dye is a big bottle so you'll be able to use it multiple times even after dyeing your hair. This hair color looks so natural and makes your hair feel amazing after using it.
Sarah O.
San Jose, CA
I absolutely love John Frieda Foam Color Permanent Hair Colour. I have fairly long hair and constantly need to buy at least 2 boxes with traditional color. But with John Frieda Foam Color one box is enough with extra. On top of it i get much better coverage and I spill less on my carpet. It stays on my head as it should. Much easier to get full color coverage with the foam in all the nooks and crannies. :) I have been recommending John Frieda's foam color since I discovered it. I spend less money for better coverage.
Ruth E.
I've never liked John Frieda's products (they don't suit my hair); however, I can say otherwise about this hair dye.

I always try my best to stay away from pharmacy hair dyes. A couple of years ago, I decided to go lighter blonde. And when I left the house (to natural sun lighting) it turned out that my blonde was too blonde and somewhat yellow. I went to the corner store and came across this hair dye in dark golden blonde, and purchased it right away.

I appreciated the ease of preparation and how great the foam felt. To my surprise, the color came out beautifully and my hair wasn't damage.

I think it's a great product and I highly recommend it.
Barbara B.
Which is better traditional hair dye or the foam (for long hair), what makes it better??
Alexus R.
Clinton Twp, MI
I have been wanting to try this for awhile. Is it easy to apply? Does it cover your whole head?
Amanda G.
Toledo, OH
For shoulder length, semi thick hair, is one box enough?
Valarie H.
Tulsa, OK
Did John Frieda last long for you? Did anyone else think it was pricey for the amount of product in the bottle?
Shannon M.
Apex, NC
I was wondering if anyone has ever used hair dye for eyebrows. And if so, what brand works best?

back