BY JOHN FRIEDA® #30 in Permanent Hair Color

Buy now on ULTA
and get 2.5% CASH BACK with
powered by

From the John Frieda® Hair Care expert colorists. Our thick, saturating foam helps lock in rich, salon-quality hair color. Non-drip foam formula penetrates strands for deep color saturation and spreads easily into roots and hard-to-reach areas, for complete coverage without patchiness. 100% grey coverage. Nourishing after-color conditioner seals in color for long-lasting, tonal richness.

colorant: Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Decyl Glucoside, Ammonium Bicarbonate, Propylene Glycol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Ethanolamine, Laureth-23, Parfum, Polyquaternium-7, Sodium Sulfite, Alcohol, Ascorbic Acid, Polyquaternium-22, Toluene-2,5-Diamine Sulfate, Myristyl Alcohol, Resorcinol, Potassium Oleate, m-Aminophenol, C11-15 Pareth-9, Tetrasodium EDTA

Developer:  Aqua, Hydrogen Peroxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Etidronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Salicylic Acid, Acetaminophen

After color Conditioner: Water, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Trisiloxane, Cetyl Esters, Dipropylene Glycol, Benzoic Acid, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Quaternium-91, Cetearyl Alcohol, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil

• I have been using this John Frieda, 3VR, for as long as I...1 Answers
  • I have very thick hair and the length goes to about where...2 Answers
  • How well does this product last? Does it have amonia?2 Answers
John Frieda® Precision Foam Color Permanent Hair Colour
  • "It's very easy to apply and I feel secure that my hair is covered well because you are actually Supposed to rub it in." in 8 reviews
  • "I used this two different times, both with a red dye and red is super hard to maintain but I found it was really easy to use." in 7 reviews
  • "I use it in conjunction with John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette for colored hair and the color lasts a long time and only starts to fade after 2 months." in 6 reviews
  • "First time I used I had shoulder length hair but it is very thick and one box really wasn't quite enough, when using liquid one box is plenty." in 6 reviews
  • "The color is also staying really well in my hair, most reds fade really fast and everywhere and I haven't seen that with this." in 5 reviews
Melanie H.
Fayetteville, AR
I LOVE the foam medium for application. No crazy drips or stains, so much easier and faster to apply. My hair also felt really soft and the color was easy to maintain for several months after using.
savannah c.
Charlotte, NC
Review for: Dark Cool Espresso Brown 4PBN more...
At first this stuff was kind of hard to use and make my hair look streaky...but if you pay close attention and make sure you get all the spots it last last for a long time!
Stephanie D.
Eastvale, CA
Review for: Radiant Red Light Red 6R, 6R Radiant Red Light Red more...
Nothing like spending $10 on a box of hair dye that doesn't even last in your hair for 24 hours. With it being a John Frieda product I expected high quality, however I ended up with poor quality.....
Samantha P.
Bessemer, MI
This is the only box hair dye I will use! I loved the color and it lasted a long time. Plus it's so easy to use I didn't even need a friend to help. Great product. Will be buying many more times.
Merima B.
I used this hair dye before and I think it's just like any other, but way over prices. I rather pay $10 at a drugstore and get same or better results. This was nothing different or special for me.
Allison A.
I just used the color dark red brown and I am so impressed. It's the perfect cherry coke color and it applied so easily and left my hair looking shiny and vibrant! I would recommend getting 2+ boxes if you have longer and/or thick hair.
Cindy R.
Bronx, NY
I've been using John Frieda for about 2 years now and its the best boxed hair color brand i have ever used. I've dyed my hair to about 4 John Frieda colors and it has never failed me. Also unlike the other brands it keeps your hair soft, silky, shiny and healthy!
Brandie R.
Review for: Radiant Red Light Red 6R, 6R Radiant Red Light Red more...
This is a pretty shade of red. I have red hair already but sometimes I use this to change my shade a little and it's good. doesn't drip everywhere and make a mess and not too harsh on my hair.
Dawn D.
This is the only color treatment I will use on my hair. It is easy to use. The foam comes out really easy, and there is definitely enough to cover my shoulder length hair. It covers wonderfully for a change. There is no dripping, and it rinses out really well. I also love the choice of colors available.
lorin b.
Review for: Med Cool Pearl Brown 5PBN more...
I love this hair color. The foam makes coloring easy and helps me never miss a spot. It always leaves my hair shiny and feeling great. The conditioner is nice as well.
Barbara B.
Which is better traditional hair dye or the foam (for long hair), what makes it better??
Alexus R.
Clinton Twp, MI
I have been wanting to try this for awhile. Is it easy to apply? Does it cover your whole head?
Amanda G.
Toledo, OH
For shoulder length, semi thick hair, is one box enough?
Valarie H.
Tulsa, OK
Did John Frieda last long for you? Did anyone else think it was pricey for the amount of product in the bottle?
Shannon M.
Apex, NC
I was wondering if anyone has ever used hair dye for eyebrows. And if so, what brand works best?

back