BY JOHN FRIEDA® #50 in Permanent Hair Color

From the John Frieda® Hair Care expert colorists. Our thick, saturating foam helps lock in rich, salon-quality hair color. Non-drip foam formula penetrates strands for deep color saturation and spreads easily into roots and hard-to-reach areas, for complete coverage without patchiness. 100% grey coverage. Nourishing after-color conditioner seals in color for long-lasting, tonal richness.

colorant: Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Decyl Glucoside, Ammonium Bicarbonate, Propylene Glycol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Ethanolamine, Laureth-23, Parfum, Polyquaternium-7, Sodium Sulfite, Alcohol, Ascorbic Acid, Polyquaternium-22, Toluene-2,5-Diamine Sulfate, Myristyl Alcohol, Resorcinol, Potassium Oleate, m-Aminophenol, C11-15 Pareth-9, Tetrasodium EDTA

Developer:  Aqua, Hydrogen Peroxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Etidronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Salicylic Acid, Acetaminophen

After color Conditioner: Water, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Trisiloxane, Cetyl Esters, Dipropylene Glycol, Benzoic Acid, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Quaternium-91, Cetearyl Alcohol, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil

• I have been using this John Frieda, 3VR, for as long as I...1 Answers
  • I have very thick hair and the length goes to about where...2 Answers
  • How well does this product last? Does it have amonia?2 Answers
John Frieda® Precision Foam Color Permanent Hair Colour
  • "It's very easy to apply and I feel secure that my hair is covered well because you are actually Supposed to rub it in." in 8 reviews
  • "I used this two different times, both with a red dye and red is super hard to maintain but I found it was really easy to use." in 7 reviews
  • "I use it in conjunction with John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette for colored hair and the color lasts a long time and only starts to fade after 2 months." in 6 reviews
  • "First time I used I had shoulder length hair but it is very thick and one box really wasn't quite enough, when using liquid one box is plenty." in 6 reviews
  • "The color is also staying really well in my hair, most reds fade really fast and everywhere and I haven't seen that with this." in 5 reviews
Mindy L.
Temple, GA
Review for: Medium Chestnut Brown (5NBG) more...
Just used this for the first time and loved it! The color is nice and rich and there was much less mess with the foam as opposed to the cream. It seemed a lot easier to apply I have no patches or blochy spots
Ana F.
Boynton Beach, FL
This is my favorite at home hair dye because it's easy to apply, convenient and the color looks wonderful. I find it expensive in comparison to other brands, but I think it's also superior. The pump/foam method definitely makes the process easy!
Ashley  R.
Hastings, FL
Review for: Medium Chestnut Brown (5NBG) more...
I recommend buying ANY John Freida product. his hair serum works so great and also his straighter is amazing. it heats up in like 20 seconds and does such a good job on my thick curly hair. Love his products!
Leslie C.
Alto, GA
I highly recommend this product to anyone! It's so easy to use, even if you are applying by yourself. It also is the closest to my natural color & covers grays perfectly! And smells fantastic afterwards.
Michelle O.
Rego Park, NY
I would say that the foam dye does cover all my hair which is especially good since i have A LOT of hair. However, i found the color coming out of my hair by the second week...so not that long lasting :(
Vivian S.
Newburgh, NY
Review for: Medium Chestnut Brown (5NBG) more...
I love this color and it coversion my grays really well. I wish there was a little moresearch highlights or something with it. I feel like my hair always needs highlights or lowlights after coloring it.
savannah c.
Charlotte, NC
Review for: Dark Cool Espresso Brown 4PBN more...
At first this stuff was kind of hard to use and make my hair look streaky...but if you pay close attention and make sure you get all the spots it last last for a long time!
Melanie H.
Fayetteville, AR
I LOVE the foam medium for application. No crazy drips or stains, so much easier and faster to apply. My hair also felt really soft and the color was easy to maintain for several months after using.
Samantha P.
Bessemer, MI
This is the only box hair dye I will use! I loved the color and it lasted a long time. Plus it's so easy to use I didn't even need a friend to help. Great product. Will be buying many more times.
Merima B.
I used this hair dye before and I think it's just like any other, but way over prices. I rather pay $10 at a drugstore and get same or better results. This was nothing different or special for me.
Barbara B.
Which is better traditional hair dye or the foam (for long hair), what makes it better??
Alexus R.
Clinton Twp, MI
I have been wanting to try this for awhile. Is it easy to apply? Does it cover your whole head?
Amanda G.
Toledo, OH
For shoulder length, semi thick hair, is one box enough?
Valarie H.
Tulsa, OK
Did John Frieda last long for you? Did anyone else think it was pricey for the amount of product in the bottle?
Shannon M.
Apex, NC
I was wondering if anyone has ever used hair dye for eyebrows. And if so, what brand works best?