BY JOHN FRIEDA® #26 in Permanent Hair Color

Our non-drip foam formula penetrates strands for deep colour saturation and spreads easily into roots and hard-to-reach areas for complete coverage without patchiness. The result—salon-quality colour with 100% grey coverage.

• I have been using this John Frieda, 3VR, for as long as I can rem...1 Answers
  • I have very thick hair and the length goes to about where my bra ...2 Answers
  • How well does this product last? Does it have amonia?2 Answers
John Frieda® Precision Foam Color Permanent Hair Colour
  • "It's very easy to apply and I feel secure that my hair is covered well because you are actually Supposed to rub it in." in 8 reviews
  • "I used this two different times, both with a red dye and red is super hard to maintain but I found it was really easy to use." in 7 reviews
  • "I use it in conjunction with John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette for colored hair and the color lasts a long time and only starts to fade after 2 months." in 6 reviews
  • "First time I used I had shoulder length hair but it is very thick and one box really wasn't quite enough, when using liquid one box is plenty." in 6 reviews
  • "The color is also staying really well in my hair, most reds fade really fast and everywhere and I haven't seen that with this." in 5 reviews
Sarah O.
San Jose, CA
I absolutely love John Frieda Foam Color Permanent Hair Colour. I have fairly long hair and constantly need to buy at least 2 boxes with traditional color. But with John Frieda Foam Color one box is enough with extra. On top of it i get much better coverage and I spill less on my carpet. It stays on my head as it should. Much easier to get full color coverage with the foam in all the nooks and crannies. :) I have been recommending John Frieda's foam color since I discovered it. I spend less money for better coverage.
Denise G.
I dyed my hair the other day back to solid black and used this foam hair color . An i was amazed how easy it was to use and it didn't smell to strong . It also was easy to wipe off dye from my face without leaving a stain . I love the size of the conditioning shampoo tube you get its a good size. I bought the hair dye at Walmart on sale for $2.00 which was an amazing price . I do recommend this item and would definitely buy again .
Ruth S.
I've never liked John Frieda's products (they don't suit my hair); however, I can say otherwise about this hair dye.

I always try my best to stay away from pharmacy hair dyes. A couple of years ago, I decided to go lighter blonde. And when I left the house (to natural sun lighting) it turned out that my blonde was too blonde and somewhat yellow. I went to the corner store and came across this hair dye in dark golden blonde, and purchased it right away.

I appreciated the ease of preparation and how great the foam felt. To my surprise, the color came out beautifully and my hair wasn't damage.

I think it's a great product and I highly recommend it.
Kimono_kat k.
Austin, TX
Review for: Blue Black more...
I usually color my hair at home and John Frieda has been my go-to in the past year. They offer variety choice of colors and I like that it didn't dry my hair out. The application and the guidance come in very handy however, since I have really long hair, I would suggest you use 2 boxes if your hair is longer than medium length. Sometimes the color won't come out even especially on the lighter one but I usually go for dark color now so it's been great. Plus the scent is not overwhelming at all.
Sarah G.
Powell
Review for: Light Golden Brown (6G) more...
The dye itself is good, the color is true to the photos on the box, and doesn't face fast like cheaper brands. However, the foam format that is so easy to use and covers so well for all-over color is a real bugger to use for root dyeing, especially if your hair is very short. I wound up coloring over everything and going too dark. I loved how this worked for grey coverage and how easy it was to get my hair saturated but I can't for the life of me figure out how to root dye with this stuff.
Lesley C.
Monessen, PA
This is by far the best home hair color I have ever used. It is very long lasting and natural looking. I love that it is an easy to use foam which is much easier to work with when you're doing this by yourself. I also have thick, medium length hair and one box is still enough. I highly recommend this product.
Danielle A.
Tuscaloosa, AL
This is my holy grail hair color. I always buy it in the color 2N (which I am having a very hard time finding lately). The foam application is very non- messy and easy to do. I was able to apply this to my own hair with ease because I didn't have to worry about getting it everywhere. The smell isn't as strong as other colors, which was a plus for me. The color pay off is phenomenal and it doesn't feel like my hair is extremely damaged after. I will continue purchasing!
Maria D.
Rock Island, IL
this product is great! i tried it out and it does give you a color you want/desire. it is higher priced compared to other alternatives. the only downside is sometimes it can be patchy since it's foam. However, i prefer the foam method because it's easier
Lien C.
Hightstown, NJ
I LOVE John Freida's hair dye. It actually works super well (better than any other box dye I've tried..and I actually like it more than the dye I got from Sally's)

I love how long it holds your color and its easy to use. also the conditioner thats included smells amazing!

I started buying this to dye my moms hair (we use one bottle and her hair is about 2.5 ft long) what we do is shake up the bottle and do her roots first wait 15 then use the rest of the bottle to go over her ends then wait 20 mins then wash out.

I use the expresso dark brown *its almost black but not exactly and looks natural on my olive complexion

It didn't feel too damaging either. Quite a few people have actually told me my hair looks healthier afterwards.

Also if you pair w John Freidas Brillant Brunette shampoo it will naturally lighten it over time

10/10 for ease of use & quality as well

ALSO: its available at Ulta (; *bonus points*

This is one of my favorite products(:

Emily L.
New Carlisle, OH
Hairstylists, beware! This story is likely to make you cringe. I really did a number on my hair after trying an at-home highlighting kit on my long, naturally brown hair. The outcome? Bronze hair. Yuck. I actually went around with my head looking like a scuffed third-place trophy for weeks before I had the chance to color it. I chose John Frieda Precision Foam Color because it was a new product at the time and I liked the "Darkest Brown" color, the price, and the idea of a mess-free application. While the color WAS gorgeous (and lasted longer than other permanent hair colors I've tried), I found that the foam was messier than traditional liquid. It was like putting mousse in your hair—sometimes the mousse will splatter because it's so light, which is exactly what happened with this hair color. Needless to say, I left spots all over my bathroom that were nearly impossible to remove. Luckily, we had to paint a couple of months later, so it's not there anymore. However, because I can't risk having to paint again, I will avoid this product (but I'll still use their liquid hair color).
Barbara B.
Which is better traditional hair dye or the foam (for long hair), what makes it better??
Alexus R.
Clinton Twp, MI
I have been wanting to try this for awhile. Is it easy to apply? Does it cover your whole head?
Amanda G.
Toledo, OH
For shoulder length, semi thick hair, is one box enough?
Valarie H.
Tulsa, OK
Did John Frieda last long for you? Did anyone else think it was pricey for the amount of product in the bottle?
Shannon M.
Apex, NC
I was wondering if anyone has ever used hair dye for eyebrows. And if so, what brand works best?