BY JOHN FRIEDA® #25 in Permanent Hair Color

From the John Frieda® Hair Care expert colorists. Our thick, saturating foam helps lock in rich, salon-quality hair color. Non-drip foam formula penetrates strands for deep color saturation and spreads easily into roots and hard-to-reach areas, for complete coverage without patchiness. 100% grey coverage. Nourishing after-color conditioner seals in color for long-lasting, tonal richness.

colorant: Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Decyl Glucoside, Ammonium Bicarbonate, Propylene Glycol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Ethanolamine, Laureth-23, Parfum, Polyquaternium-7, Sodium Sulfite, Alcohol, Ascorbic Acid, Polyquaternium-22, Toluene-2,5-Diamine Sulfate, Myristyl Alcohol, Resorcinol, Potassium Oleate, m-Aminophenol, C11-15 Pareth-9, Tetrasodium EDTA

Developer:  Aqua, Hydrogen Peroxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Etidronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Salicylic Acid, Acetaminophen

After color Conditioner: Water, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Trisiloxane, Cetyl Esters, Dipropylene Glycol, Benzoic Acid, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Quaternium-91, Cetearyl Alcohol, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil

• I have been using this John Frieda, 3VR, for as long as I...1 Answers
  • I have very thick hair and the length goes to about where...2 Answers
  • How well does this product last? Does it have amonia?2 Answers
John Frieda® Precision Foam Color Permanent Hair Colour
  • "It's very easy to apply and I feel secure that my hair is covered well because you are actually Supposed to rub it in." in 8 reviews
  • "I used this two different times, both with a red dye and red is super hard to maintain but I found it was really easy to use." in 7 reviews
  • "I use it in conjunction with John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette for colored hair and the color lasts a long time and only starts to fade after 2 months." in 6 reviews
  • "First time I used I had shoulder length hair but it is very thick and one box really wasn't quite enough, when using liquid one box is plenty." in 6 reviews
  • "The color is also staying really well in my hair, most reds fade really fast and everywhere and I haven't seen that with this." in 5 reviews
Barbara H.
New Florence, MO
I really liked this...I tried it when they had promo coupons, so it was super cheap (unlike now). The foam is much easier to deal with than a cream/liquid. Easier to apply where I wanted it to go, and it smelled nice. Also, I normally use two boxes...with this, I really didn't need the 2nd box--I used it to insure I got an even color. Which I did.
Em S.
Birmingham, AL
Review for: Dark Natural Blonde (7N) more...
While this hair color isn't for beginners, when applied correctly it is great! It's not too hard once you get the whole foam application down. It is very important to do a deep conditioning treatment after you dye your hair in about 48 hours so the damage is minimal. But the color is beautiful as long as you apply carefully and condition!
Kathy M.
London, Ky
This was the first hair dye that I actually have ever applied myself to my hair. I must admit I was very pleased with the outcome. The product was simple to use and I got the results that I wanted. I would definitely recommend this product.
Amanda Z.
I really love this box color! It is the only box color that I use because the color lasts, application is easy, and the price is right on point. I have longer hair (past the shoulders) so it takes me about two boxes to get a really even color.
Suzy R.
Review for: Medium Chestnut Brown (5NBG) more...
I have tried a lot of different home hair color products and this one is pretty unique! I didn't know what to expect from the foam. It was very easy to apply, and left me far less fearful of staining my bathroom! Much less mess and drip than other brands. I loved the color - beautifully vibrant and long lasting. This is a new fave!
Jessica H.
Ontario , CA
My friend fried her hair so bad with this. I was dying of sadness and laugher. First because why in the world would she color her hair from a box. That's just plain unintelligent. Second you should never get hair color in the same place you buy groceries at. Third you never know the chemicals and reaction your hair will get
Jessica G.
Abington, MA
I love this hair dye! I have been using the 3VR color for over a year. When I first started coloring my hair red I noticed that it would come out uneven and streaky. This dye solves that problem and always comes out looking great. It does tend to fade quicker then I would like, but that is the case with all red hair dye.
Deanna W.
Buffalo, NY
I used this color and this brand for months and I loved it. The foam was new to me. I always felt like I was missing parts of my hair but I wasnt! It made it super easy and the color was awesome and lasted a good amount of time!!
Mickayla W.
This has to be my all time favorite at home hair dye. It is so easy to apply and doesn't drip out of my hair at all. It also has the best scent. I hate dyes that leave a nasty smell in my hair. The color is also staying really well in my hair, most reds fade really fast and everywhere and I haven't seen that with this.
Lisa T.
Montgomery, MN
This is the only hair color I buy. I love the foam, because it doesn't drip all over. And the smell doesn't make my eyes water like other brands. The color looks natural too. The only downside is it is not cheap. But sometimes you have to pay a bit more for quality.
Barbara B.
Which is better traditional hair dye or the foam (for long hair), what makes it better??
Alexus R.
Clinton Twp, MI
I have been wanting to try this for awhile. Is it easy to apply? Does it cover your whole head?
Amanda G.
Toledo, OH
For shoulder length, semi thick hair, is one box enough?
Valarie H.
Tulsa, OK
Did John Frieda last long for you? Did anyone else think it was pricey for the amount of product in the bottle?
Shannon M.
Apex, NC
I was wondering if anyone has ever used hair dye for eyebrows. And if so, what brand works best?

back