BY JOHN FRIEDA® #29 in Permanent Hair Color

Our non-drip foam formula penetrates strands for deep colour saturation and spreads easily into roots and hard-to-reach areas for complete coverage without patchiness. The result—salon-quality colour with 100% grey coverage.

• I have been using this John Frieda, 3VR, for as long as I can rem...1 Answers
  • I have very thick hair and the length goes to about where my bra ...2 Answers
  • How well does this product last? Does it have amonia?2 Answers
John Frieda® Precision Foam Color Permanent Hair Colour
  • "It's very easy to apply and I feel secure that my hair is covered well because you are actually Supposed to rub it in." in 8 reviews
  • "I used this two different times, both with a red dye and red is super hard to maintain but I found it was really easy to use." in 7 reviews
  • "I use it in conjunction with John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette for colored hair and the color lasts a long time and only starts to fade after 2 months." in 6 reviews
  • "First time I used I had shoulder length hair but it is very thick and one box really wasn't quite enough, when using liquid one box is plenty." in 6 reviews
  • "The color is also staying really well in my hair, most reds fade really fast and everywhere and I haven't seen that with this." in 5 reviews
Maggie M.
Alhambra, CA
I've tried a lot of drugstore hair colors because my hair color is constantly changing...this one has been the BEST so far. I used to use the Loreal for a long time, but one time decided to try the John Freida one. It really does give full even coverage, is not brassy and not as damaging as the other box colors. :) I used it and my stylist, who usually scolds me for using box dye said I had great color in my hair!
Chelsea W.
I love this hair color, particularly because it's foam and it's not messy at all. The color seems to last a while. I've had the same color on my hair for 4 weeks and it hasn't faded.
Jennifer S.
North Adams, MA
I've been dying my hair for years and John Frieda's foam coloring kits are the best at home coloring kits that I've used. The foam is great and easy to apply. The color stays great. Coupons are always easy to find for this product! Highly recommend.
Melissa P.
OWENSVILLE, MO
Having the aspect of the foam verse a cream or liquid it is nice. I feel that it does give an even coverage. The smell isn't very pleasant but lets face it dye in general isn't pleasant. I had issues with this dye not covering gray hair very well.
Maggie N.
Colorado Spgs, CO
I have used this a few times. I am still on the fence because I like the foam application but it does not always seem to do that when I apply, so it could possibly be my learning curve. But I will keep trying it to see if that gets better.
Amanda L.
Altavista, VA
I have thin hair, so most dyes tend to drip off my hair. I didn't have that problem with this brand. I was really concerned that the foam wouldn't get the job done, but I was proven wrong. The color looks great, and lasted about 2.5 months.
Aracely E.
Hands down one of the best brands at home hair color. Leaves my hair vibrant and the color lasts so long. Doesn't dry my hair out either. I recommend it to many of my friends.
Alexis M.
Plantation, FL
Review for: Dark Natural Blonde 7N more...
I noticed that this product wasn't easy to apply evenly, & left my hair streaky. Not only that but when all was said & done, my hair was veryyyy dry & brittle. I will not use this product again, & for the price, its deffinitly not worth it.
Sarah L.
I bought this color in light ash brown. I was really impressed with how even my color came out. I still had hot roots, but it was enough for other people to notice it. The conditioner works really well. I just wish it wasn't so expensive.
Rhonda C.
Fort Worth, TX
I have been coloring my hair for 15 years. I have used a lot of home colors and have also been to the salon for color many times. This is by far my favorite product for a home color job!

I have tried 3 different shades and they were all easy to apply and all resulted in beautiful color. It is not a flat color. Love that!
Barbara B.
Which is better traditional hair dye or the foam (for long hair), what makes it better??
Alexus R.
Clinton Twp, MI
I have been wanting to try this for awhile. Is it easy to apply? Does it cover your whole head?
Amanda G.
Toledo, OH
For shoulder length, semi thick hair, is one box enough?
Valarie H.
Tulsa, OK
Did John Frieda last long for you? Did anyone else think it was pricey for the amount of product in the bottle?
Shannon M.
Apex, NC
I was wondering if anyone has ever used hair dye for eyebrows. And if so, what brand works best?