BY JOHN FRIEDA® #38 in Permanent Hair Color

From the John Frieda® Hair Care expert colorists. Our thick, saturating foam helps lock in rich, salon-quality hair color. Non-drip foam formula penetrates strands for deep color saturation and spreads easily into roots and hard-to-reach areas, for complete coverage without patchiness. 100% grey coverage. Nourishing after-color conditioner seals in color for long-lasting, tonal richness.

colorant: Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Decyl Glucoside, Ammonium Bicarbonate, Propylene Glycol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Ethanolamine, Laureth-23, Parfum, Polyquaternium-7, Sodium Sulfite, Alcohol, Ascorbic Acid, Polyquaternium-22, Toluene-2,5-Diamine Sulfate, Myristyl Alcohol, Resorcinol, Potassium Oleate, m-Aminophenol, C11-15 Pareth-9, Tetrasodium EDTA

Developer:  Aqua, Hydrogen Peroxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Etidronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Salicylic Acid, Acetaminophen

After color Conditioner: Water, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Trisiloxane, Cetyl Esters, Dipropylene Glycol, Benzoic Acid, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Quaternium-91, Cetearyl Alcohol, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil

• I have been using this John Frieda, 3VR, for as long as I...1 Answers
  • I have very thick hair and the length goes to about where...2 Answers
  • How well does this product last? Does it have amonia?2 Answers
John Frieda® Precision Foam Color Permanent Hair Colour
  • "It's very easy to apply and I feel secure that my hair is covered well because you are actually Supposed to rub it in." in 8 reviews
  • "I used this two different times, both with a red dye and red is super hard to maintain but I found it was really easy to use." in 7 reviews
  • "I use it in conjunction with John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette for colored hair and the color lasts a long time and only starts to fade after 2 months." in 6 reviews
  • "First time I used I had shoulder length hair but it is very thick and one box really wasn't quite enough, when using liquid one box is plenty." in 6 reviews
  • "The color is also staying really well in my hair, most reds fade really fast and everywhere and I haven't seen that with this." in 5 reviews
Jenny H.
Lake Mills, WI
I have very thick hair and coloring my hair myself is a huge pain in the butt. When I would use the liquid color I would drip it everywhere. My bathroom cabinet has brown streaks in the wood from drips. Enter foam hair color, my savior! Now I can color all my hair and not worry about drips and the coverage is great. I love the shine and healthy feel my hair has afternoons too!
Diane M.
This is the Best hair color on the market today ! I have been coloring my hair for over 25 years, I have tried just about every hair color system , clairol, garnier , l'oreal, the one in the red box.
It's easy to use, leaves my hair , well like your hair should feel. Nice . Washed my hair a few days later...
Did not use Conditioner !!! Can you believe it. It's the Only hair color I need !!
Janie H.
Jefferson Hls, PA
Review for: Dark Cool Espresso Brown (4PBN) more...
This is my favorite box hair color that I have ever bought. And I have dyed my hair a decent amount. The foam application made it easy for my boyfriend to help me apply and the color looks amazing. I have fair skin with freckles and hazel eyes and this color is just perfect. I even bought a second box for when the color begins to fade and I have not used it yet. Would definitely recommend if you're looking to darken you hair for fall without breaking the bank!
Idalis F.
Bonney Lake, WA
I have used many at home hair dyes and this is by far the best one. The smell is nice, it lasts a good while before fading.

The best part of this dye is the even color. With other hair dyes it was extremely patchy! This is very easy to get an even color application :)
Kati K.
John Frieda Precision Foam hair color
4N Dark Natural Brown
I LOVE this hair color! Exact match to my natural hair color, and so easy to apply. Less mess, not a powerful smell compared to other products.
Audrey A.
This is my favorite at home hair color! It's no drip and no mess. My shower and bathroom stays clean! The foam is easy to apply and gives even color in hard to see places. The lines has several shades of red and one that is perfect for me! I recommend this for home hair colonists.
Tara T.
This is the best hair color that you can buy at Walgreens, CVS, Walmart or Rite-aid. It really does give the most even color and the dark brown shades are truly dark brown; they don't go black like a lot of drugstore haircolor. I have bought this multiple times. It also provides nice gray coverage. The smell is also less offensive than other drugstore brands.
Kimberly P.
Cincinnati, OH
Review for: Medium Chestnut Brown (5NBG) more...
I've used many different boxed dyes in the past and this one is by far my favorite. It's easy to use and all without the mess! Looks great, even better than some occasions where I've had it professionally done. I usually go with an auburn and the color is vibrant but natural looking. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a change in their look!
Luz D.
Wow my favorite hair color, the results are jus perfect, love the foam, love conditioner, real gloves that fits me!,, cover grays like any other I use this is professional results at home, and a lot of compliments and question about the shade and the brand I used... Very easy directions, I truly recommend this product. My color was 3VR Deep cherry brown
Courtney Z.
Loved how easy this is to apply because it's a foam, it took me half as long as a regular boxed color would and it turned out beautifully! It's a little more expensive than some other brands at the drugstore, but totally worth it. Highly recommend!
Barbara B.
Which is better traditional hair dye or the foam (for long hair), what makes it better??
Alexus R.
Clinton Twp, MI
I have been wanting to try this for awhile. Is it easy to apply? Does it cover your whole head?
Amanda G.
Toledo, OH
For shoulder length, semi thick hair, is one box enough?
Valarie H.
Tulsa, OK
Did John Frieda last long for you? Did anyone else think it was pricey for the amount of product in the bottle?
Shannon M.
Apex, NC
I was wondering if anyone has ever used hair dye for eyebrows. And if so, what brand works best?