BY JOHN FRIEDA® #38 in Permanent Hair Color

From the John Frieda® Hair Care expert colorists. Our thick, saturating foam helps lock in rich, salon-quality hair color. Non-drip foam formula penetrates strands for deep color saturation and spreads easily into roots and hard-to-reach areas, for complete coverage without patchiness. 100% grey coverage. Nourishing after-color conditioner seals in color for long-lasting, tonal richness.

colorant: Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Decyl Glucoside, Ammonium Bicarbonate, Propylene Glycol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Ethanolamine, Laureth-23, Parfum, Polyquaternium-7, Sodium Sulfite, Alcohol, Ascorbic Acid, Polyquaternium-22, Toluene-2,5-Diamine Sulfate, Myristyl Alcohol, Resorcinol, Potassium Oleate, m-Aminophenol, C11-15 Pareth-9, Tetrasodium EDTA

Developer:  Aqua, Hydrogen Peroxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Etidronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Salicylic Acid, Acetaminophen

After color Conditioner: Water, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Trisiloxane, Cetyl Esters, Dipropylene Glycol, Benzoic Acid, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Quaternium-91, Cetearyl Alcohol, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil

• I have been using this John Frieda, 3VR, for as long as I...1 Answers
  • I have very thick hair and the length goes to about where...2 Answers
  • How well does this product last? Does it have amonia?2 Answers
Buy on ULTA*
  • "It's very easy to apply and I feel secure that my hair is covered well because you are actually Supposed to rub it in." in 8 reviews
  • "I used this two different times, both with a red dye and red is super hard to maintain but I found it was really easy to use." in 7 reviews
  • "I use it in conjunction with John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette for colored hair and the color lasts a long time and only starts to fade after 2 months." in 6 reviews
  • "First time I used I had shoulder length hair but it is very thick and one box really wasn't quite enough, when using liquid one box is plenty." in 6 reviews
  • "The color is also staying really well in my hair, most reds fade really fast and everywhere and I haven't seen that with this." in 5 reviews
Shanen S.
I love this product! My go to is 4BG. And I love it. I get compliments at the salon even, and they're suppose to be against box color. I love the foam and how it stays place. Minimal mess and easy clean up. I've tried others but always go back. Best coverage and overall color for sure.
Emily L.
Arcadia, CA
My favorite drugstore hair dye !
It's affordable, long lasting, and easy to use. Instead of spending hundreds on a simple color dye, you can simply a color change for under $20. The product comes in several bottles that you mix together and apply as a foam. Just wait 30 minutes and you come out with great results !
Stephanie H.
Thomaston, GA
Literally just used this and it is by far the easiest hair dye (box or beauty supply store) I have ever used! The color came out amazing and extremely close to the estimated color on the box considering I have a portion of multiple times bleached hair, some growth thats been dyed, and virgin growth. I am extremely happy with the results and the fact that it is so easy to use. I will definitely buy this product again and will recommend it to others :D
April H.
Dayton, OH
Best hair dye! The foam application makes it fool proof, it covers well (even the stubborn coarse white hairs), conditions & leaves hair feeling soft, comes off your skin easily, and one box was enough for my medium length hair. It's a little more expensive than other brands, but definitely worth it!
TaylorAric R.
Review for: Radiant Red Light Red 6R, 6R Radiant Red Light Red more...
Whenever I am wanting to dye my hair myself I always choose john Frieda. I have long thick hair therefore I need something that covers well. The foam is great coverage. Easy to apply. Awesome price and usually you can find a coupon for it. The color is always beautiful too.
Sara D.
Canal Wnchstr, OH
Yes, yes, and more yes!! When I decided to go red, I went extra brave and (with the help of my wonderful hubby) gave this a try. And IT IS fab-u-lous. Forget all the terrible things you know about boxed home hair color. This foam stays put, the colors are exactly what you expect, they take and hold well, it doesn't destroy your hair, it doesn't smell awful... oye vey... they did it right!
Liseth S.
I bought this product at ulta as it was recommended by an employee. After reading the instructions I was a little upset that the foam was disappearing. It directs you to add more foam if it disappears. I did so with no avail and thought it wasn't going to work. Once I left it on for a while I could already see the results. It is amazing! My hair absorbed the color and looks very rich.
Jennifer N.
Since trying John Frieda Precision Foam Hair Color for the first time, it's the only brand I've used to dye my hair at home. I love how easy it is to apply (the foam makes for mess-free, easy all-over application) and it covers up my gray hairs for WEEKS! I am a huge fan!
Jessica B.
Grand rapids, Mi
This was the first hair dye I ever applied on my own and I was amazed at how easy it was. The foam was super simple to apply and the color came out beautifully! The extra conditioner they give you lasts a long time if you use it once a week and smells so good! The only areas that the color didn't last on were where my hair had been previously highlighted, which is to be expected.
Alana B.
rehoboth, Ma
I found the foam application so easy to use. It doesn't look like there is much dye in the bottle but you could probably only need one bottle for long hair. (my hair is at my shoulders) I used this over my almost black roots and blonde ends and it made both under colors the same. I usually end up with unmatched color unless i bleach my whole head first. I will be using this product again. It is a little bit more costly compared to other box dyes but the quality, easy application, and the amount, makes up for it.
Barbara B.
Which is better traditional hair dye or the foam (for long hair), what makes it better??
Alexus R.
Clinton Twp, MI
I have been wanting to try this for awhile. Is it easy to apply? Does it cover your whole head?
Amanda G.
Toledo, OH
For shoulder length, semi thick hair, is one box enough?
Valarie H.
Tulsa, OK
Did John Frieda last long for you? Did anyone else think it was pricey for the amount of product in the bottle?
Shannon M.
Apex, NC
I was wondering if anyone has ever used hair dye for eyebrows. And if so, what brand works best?