BY JOHN FRIEDA® #29 in Permanent Hair Color

Our non-drip foam formula penetrates strands for deep colour saturation and spreads easily into roots and hard-to-reach areas for complete coverage without patchiness. The result—salon-quality colour with 100% grey coverage.

• I have been using this John Frieda, 3VR, for as long as I can rem...1 Answers
  • I have very thick hair and the length goes to about where my bra ...2 Answers
  • How well does this product last? Does it have amonia?2 Answers
John Frieda® Precision Foam Color Permanent Hair Colour
  • "It's very easy to apply and I feel secure that my hair is covered well because you are actually Supposed to rub it in." in 8 reviews
  • "I used this two different times, both with a red dye and red is super hard to maintain but I found it was really easy to use." in 7 reviews
  • "I use it in conjunction with John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette for colored hair and the color lasts a long time and only starts to fade after 2 months." in 6 reviews
  • "First time I used I had shoulder length hair but it is very thick and one box really wasn't quite enough, when using liquid one box is plenty." in 6 reviews
  • "The color is also staying really well in my hair, most reds fade really fast and everywhere and I haven't seen that with this." in 5 reviews
Gina D.
Tiffin, OH
Review for: Radiant Red Light Red 6R, 6R Radiant Red Light Red more...
This is great product for people who like to color their own hair, It is extremely easy to use. The foam gives fantastic coverage Is very non-messy like other hair color formulas. It makes it easy to be sure that you have not missed a spot. The color is beautiful.
Samantha A.
Marysville, WA
At first I was in love with the color, and it left my hair shiny and almost seemed to repair some prior coloring damage, but after about two weeks the color seemed to have faded drastically, I used the proper hair care products but it just seemed determined to fade.
Carolyn H.
Algonquin, IL
I use the 3VR Deep Cherry Brown and it looks as good as salon color. It's very easy to apply and I feel secure that my hair is covered well because you are actually Supposed to rub it in. It's my go-to color and brand.
April B.
Phoenix, AZ
I purchased this from Walmart. The color and processor are supposed to mix together when you push the lid down. I applied it to my entire head and then realized that the color portion never came out and I had only put the processor all over. I returned it and bought another brand. Won't try this one again.
Jordyn J.
Mobile, AL
Very easy when you have long hair vs. the liquid at home dye. the first initial color is a lot darker then what it fades to be. It actually kept coming out for at least 4 washes after. Not sure if I will buy it again. pricey but compared to the salon its okay.
crystal j.
Westland, MI
Love this hair dye i would highly reccomend it. Long lasting,less mess than most hair dye. Very easy to use. Color looks great ,i use natural black. I just like how it doesnt get all over or stains . Reccomend and i always buy this dye and will continue.
Shana G.
Dallas, TX
Great Dye if you have uniform color. HOWEVER if you have LIGHT hair and you have dyed your hair dark and the roots are coming in this isn't the product for you. When I dyed my roots black it only took a brown color, Its not great for coverage or major changes.
sherry f.
Las Vegas, NV
Review for: Sheer Blonde Light Ash 9A, 9A Sheer Blonde Light Ash Blonde more...
I color my hair like changing my clothes. One day its Black the next day it's blonde. I admit usually get it professionally done but sometimes when I don't have the extra money to spend, I go and get a box color. I do like using the ash colors from John Frieda. This particular one is one of their best.
Irma F.
I can't color my own hair so I love that I can use this foam to do it myself. It also always leaves me with a great looking color. I'm always satisfied with my results. It's a little pricey but worth the money. Leaves hair looking shiny instead of dull.
Alexxa L.
Buffalo, NY
I started dying my hair after i graduated from middle school and my mom would need to buy 2 boxes so she could do my hair because i have very thick curly hair. When we used this we did my entire head with 1 bottle and there was left over! Love this stuff!
Barbara B.
Which is better traditional hair dye or the foam (for long hair), what makes it better??
Alexus R.
Clinton Twp, MI
I have been wanting to try this for awhile. Is it easy to apply? Does it cover your whole head?
Amanda G.
Toledo, OH
For shoulder length, semi thick hair, is one box enough?
Valarie H.
Tulsa, OK
Did John Frieda last long for you? Did anyone else think it was pricey for the amount of product in the bottle?
Shannon M.
Apex, NC
I was wondering if anyone has ever used hair dye for eyebrows. And if so, what brand works best?