BY JOHN FRIEDA® #30 in Permanent Hair Color

Buy now on ULTA
and get 2.5% CASH BACK with
powered by

From the John Frieda® Hair Care expert colorists. Our thick, saturating foam helps lock in rich, salon-quality hair color. Non-drip foam formula penetrates strands for deep color saturation and spreads easily into roots and hard-to-reach areas, for complete coverage without patchiness. 100% grey coverage. Nourishing after-color conditioner seals in color for long-lasting, tonal richness.

colorant: Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Decyl Glucoside, Ammonium Bicarbonate, Propylene Glycol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Ethanolamine, Laureth-23, Parfum, Polyquaternium-7, Sodium Sulfite, Alcohol, Ascorbic Acid, Polyquaternium-22, Toluene-2,5-Diamine Sulfate, Myristyl Alcohol, Resorcinol, Potassium Oleate, m-Aminophenol, C11-15 Pareth-9, Tetrasodium EDTA

Developer:  Aqua, Hydrogen Peroxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Etidronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Salicylic Acid, Acetaminophen

After color Conditioner: Water, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Trisiloxane, Cetyl Esters, Dipropylene Glycol, Benzoic Acid, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Quaternium-91, Cetearyl Alcohol, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil

• I have been using this John Frieda, 3VR, for as long as I...1 Answers
  • I have very thick hair and the length goes to about where...2 Answers
  • How well does this product last? Does it have amonia?2 Answers
John Frieda® Precision Foam Color Permanent Hair Colour
  • "It's very easy to apply and I feel secure that my hair is covered well because you are actually Supposed to rub it in." in 8 reviews
  • "I used this two different times, both with a red dye and red is super hard to maintain but I found it was really easy to use." in 7 reviews
  • "I use it in conjunction with John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette for colored hair and the color lasts a long time and only starts to fade after 2 months." in 6 reviews
  • "First time I used I had shoulder length hair but it is very thick and one box really wasn't quite enough, when using liquid one box is plenty." in 6 reviews
  • "The color is also staying really well in my hair, most reds fade really fast and everywhere and I haven't seen that with this." in 5 reviews
Nessa S.
Kansas City, MO
I absolutely love John Frieda's Precision Foam Hair Color. I am sad that it has become so hard to find. I fell like it covers better than other hair colors and the smell is nice. I took my light brown hair to blonde with it and my hair is still in great condition! I definitely recommend this!
Cam D.
Rowland Hghts, CA
I love using this because it doesn't leave a mess and it's easy to apply. The color lasts long and it hides my gray hairs, but I have to be really careful about applying it. If I don't saturate my grays enough, it doesn't fully cover the grays. The chemical smell lasts about a day or two also. My hair always feels soft after I dye my hair using this so it doesn't feel like I am damaging my hair that much.
Morgan I.
Fitchburg, WI
I love this John Frieda foam hair color system. I dye my hair semi-regularly (about once every 6-8 weeks) and have fallen in love with this product. The colors available are all radiant and natural-looking, and the foam application technique prevents huge messes like those that tend to occur with creme-based at-home hair color systems. I've always been very happy with how my hair has turned out with this product!
Gina B.
Downsville, LA
I color my hair auburn. The John Freida color came out quit a bit darker than I expected and stayed darker, even after a few weeks. I liked the mousse application method. The price is another issue for me. It's quite a bit pricier, than less expensive brands that I've had more luck with.
NANCY M.
GAYLESVILLE, AL
I love John Frieda products, I am always please with the results as well as I know it's a product I can trust and relay on for excellent results. It does not leave my hair dry or damagaed but healthy, shiny and perfect every time. I highly recommend any of the John Frieda product line
Ashley G.
Anaheim, CA
Love this product! It has been my go-to the past couple of years when I can't make it to the salon. Probably the easiest hair dying kit I have ever used at home and the color always comes out fabulous. Plus the chemical smell is very mild compared other products. Highly recommended!
Sarah C.
Yuba City , CA
Review for: Medium Chestnut Brown (5NBG) more...
John Frieda hands down has the best drugstore hair coloring! It is the priciest but if you want the results, it's worth paying for! It evenly covers your entire head and is really simple to apply. I don't usually like using boxed hair coloring but I have to say, John Frieda is the best! If you want your hair colored but can't afford to go to a salon, get John Frieda! I highly recommend this product!
Cathy Z.
Lansing, IL
Love there products. Many store by discontinued the line or many colors. I don't normally use foam, I was afraid it wouldn't cover well. But it did. Nothing interesting about the packaging, basic. I would by again. I've used this or regular Loreal, not foam. This the best foam by far.
Shanen S.
I love this product! My go to is 4BG. And I love it. I get compliments at the salon even, and they're suppose to be against box color. I love the foam and how it stays place. Minimal mess and easy clean up. I've tried others but always go back. Best coverage and overall color for sure.
Rebecca H.
Review for: Dark Cool Espresso Brown (4PBN) more...
I don't like spending an arm and leg at the salon. This is my go to box color. Don't waste time on other box hair dyes, this brand is so great and it lasts. I love the foam, it saturates so easily and makes a beautiful color. The scent is not overwhelming and it doesn't damage my hair.
Barbara B.
Which is better traditional hair dye or the foam (for long hair), what makes it better??
Alexus R.
Clinton Twp, MI
I have been wanting to try this for awhile. Is it easy to apply? Does it cover your whole head?
Amanda G.
Toledo, OH
For shoulder length, semi thick hair, is one box enough?
Valarie H.
Tulsa, OK
Did John Frieda last long for you? Did anyone else think it was pricey for the amount of product in the bottle?
Shannon M.
Apex, NC
I was wondering if anyone has ever used hair dye for eyebrows. And if so, what brand works best?

back