BY JOHN FRIEDA® #29 in Permanent Hair Color

Our non-drip foam formula penetrates strands for deep colour saturation and spreads easily into roots and hard-to-reach areas for complete coverage without patchiness. The result—salon-quality colour with 100% grey coverage.

• I have been using this John Frieda, 3VR, for as long as I can rem...1 Answers
  • I have very thick hair and the length goes to about where my bra ...2 Answers
  • How well does this product last? Does it have amonia?2 Answers
John Frieda® Precision Foam Color Permanent Hair Colour
  • "It's very easy to apply and I feel secure that my hair is covered well because you are actually Supposed to rub it in." in 8 reviews
  • "I used this two different times, both with a red dye and red is super hard to maintain but I found it was really easy to use." in 7 reviews
  • "I use it in conjunction with John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette for colored hair and the color lasts a long time and only starts to fade after 2 months." in 6 reviews
  • "First time I used I had shoulder length hair but it is very thick and one box really wasn't quite enough, when using liquid one box is plenty." in 6 reviews
  • "The color is also staying really well in my hair, most reds fade really fast and everywhere and I haven't seen that with this." in 5 reviews
Nicole S.
This is the first foam hair color I have tried and though it didn't foam up in my hair like the instructions said it would, the total color outcome was awesome. I had previously put in bright red highlights myself and they were growing out noticeably and this color had no problem covering them up.
Magann T.
For a store dye hair I absolutely love this hair dye. The price is a more than other drug store brands but for the quality and easy use of the product it is well worth the price. I would recommend this hair dye.
Briana w.
Great box dye! And I've tried a lot! 10 years of box dying my hair kinda makes me an expert, right?! This one is super easy to mix and apply, plus I noticed my hair stayed rich in color longer. Definitely recommend
Natalie R.
Berwyn, IL
I'm absolutely obsessed with this foam hair color!! It has gotten to be my new favorite it's super easy to apply for even coverage & doesn't get all messy. There is a large variety of colors. The smell is not as toxic as other brands. John Frieda has other great products such as the frizz-ease oil. :)
Alexis T.
This is my favorite hair dye to use. The foam is easy to use and makes it easier to make sure it's applied evenly. I have naturally dark brown hair and I went a deep red with this. I would recommend to others.
Shaye S.
Never again. This was the hardest and most uneven hair dye I have ever used. It is near impossible to get a good application, because the "foam" is just very thin liquid. It felt like trying to color my hair with water. Olia is much better, if you want to update from using typical boxed dyes.
Tiffany T.
Newport, TN
I just dyed my hair yesterday using this brand for the first time. The foam is so easy to put on. I my hair covered in less then 10 mins. If your dying your hair yourself and don't have a friend to help this is perfect for you. I used to black and it covered it all. I'm going to buy this again!
Brittany H.
Jasper, Tn
Omg I have been dying my hair for years and I've always gotta the cheap $5 one and this product has blown me away not only is that everything u get is good Quality but it is so easy to apply I'm in love I will definitely be buying this and spending the extra 5 loving how the conditioner comes in a bottle I can reuse for multiple Times
Aiyana B.
Review for: Other more...
I don't recommend using box dye, but this one is your best bet I have found if you're going to use it. I used this two different times, both with a red dye and red is super hard to maintain but I found it was really easy to use. The foam was fun and it was really easy and didn't make a huge mess. :)
Jaymie S.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Love this kind of hair color I am currently going back to brown from having dark cherry hair color I will post on youtube how it turns out. Depending on length you may have a lot left over. My mom use to use to bottles of other colors and one bottle of JF is more then enough for her hair
Barbara B.
Which is better traditional hair dye or the foam (for long hair), what makes it better??
Alexus R.
Clinton Twp, MI
I have been wanting to try this for awhile. Is it easy to apply? Does it cover your whole head?
Amanda G.
Toledo, OH
For shoulder length, semi thick hair, is one box enough?
Valarie H.
Tulsa, OK
Did John Frieda last long for you? Did anyone else think it was pricey for the amount of product in the bottle?
Shannon M.
Apex, NC
I was wondering if anyone has ever used hair dye for eyebrows. And if so, what brand works best?