BY JOHN FRIEDA® #50 in Permanent Hair Color

From the John Frieda® Hair Care expert colorists. Our thick, saturating foam helps lock in rich, salon-quality hair color. Non-drip foam formula penetrates strands for deep color saturation and spreads easily into roots and hard-to-reach areas, for complete coverage without patchiness. 100% grey coverage. Nourishing after-color conditioner seals in color for long-lasting, tonal richness.

colorant: Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Decyl Glucoside, Ammonium Bicarbonate, Propylene Glycol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Ethanolamine, Laureth-23, Parfum, Polyquaternium-7, Sodium Sulfite, Alcohol, Ascorbic Acid, Polyquaternium-22, Toluene-2,5-Diamine Sulfate, Myristyl Alcohol, Resorcinol, Potassium Oleate, m-Aminophenol, C11-15 Pareth-9, Tetrasodium EDTA

Developer:  Aqua, Hydrogen Peroxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Etidronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Salicylic Acid, Acetaminophen

After color Conditioner: Water, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Trisiloxane, Cetyl Esters, Dipropylene Glycol, Benzoic Acid, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Quaternium-91, Cetearyl Alcohol, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil

• I have been using this John Frieda, 3VR, for as long as I...1 Answers
  • I have very thick hair and the length goes to about where...2 Answers
  • How well does this product last? Does it have amonia?2 Answers
John Frieda® Precision Foam Color Permanent Hair Colour
  • "It's very easy to apply and I feel secure that my hair is covered well because you are actually Supposed to rub it in." in 8 reviews
  • "I used this two different times, both with a red dye and red is super hard to maintain but I found it was really easy to use." in 7 reviews
  • "I use it in conjunction with John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette for colored hair and the color lasts a long time and only starts to fade after 2 months." in 6 reviews
  • "First time I used I had shoulder length hair but it is very thick and one box really wasn't quite enough, when using liquid one box is plenty." in 6 reviews
  • "The color is also staying really well in my hair, most reds fade really fast and everywhere and I haven't seen that with this." in 5 reviews
Martina B.
Wexford, PA
I tried this because I liked the idea of doing an easier method of hair color. I was disappointed because it rinsed out it seemed within a few shampoos, so I'm not sure if I just did it wrong or what.
Angel K.
MURFREESBORO, TN
I love the coverage that a foam allows me to apply myself. The range of colors are innovative and the color is gentle on your hair. I would love to have the courage to do a really bold color. IFT gives you both a natural look and a bold colorful unnatural color. This s the only brand of hair color I use these days. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being best,it rates a 10!
Andrea R.
Review for: Radiant Red Light Red 6R, 6R Radiant Red Light Red more...
Love this foam hair color! It doesn't drip and it really colors your hair well. It doesn't have that super strong ammonia smell like most hair dyes do. After using the color foam and the included conditioner, my hair felt soft and conditioned and full of color. I would definitely recommend this product to my friends. its easy to use and it doesn't cost as much as a salon color treatment. If you have longer than shoulder length or super thick hair, you will need to buy two sets of coloring.
Judi W.
St Charles, IL
I had actually been using another brand of foaming hair color, but decided to try John Frieda. I love the fact that I can apply the color myself, as the foam is so simple to use. Also, I love the medium blonde shade they offer. The only downside I see from this brand compared to the two others I have used, is that it fades off of my gray hair faster than the others. Initially it covers well, it just fades before my roots are completely exposed. I do use a color protect shampoo and conditioner. Maybe that's where the problem is. Either way, I do like this product. I gave it four stars because I love the shade of medium blonde they offer.
Lisa B.
Frankfort, KY
Since switching to John Frieda I have never tried another brand. I have a lot of gray that I am extremely self conscious about and this product covers all of it with little effort. The only other method that covers all my gray is if I get it professionally done which I just cannot afford right now. The mousse formula is very easy to mix and apply, it doesn't run like the liquid brands. My only complaint is that I wish it lasted longer but it lasts what is typical for box brands.
Jayme R.
If I need to do my own hair coloring, this is the one I go for. First off, it is really easy. I absolutely love the foam. I feel like it really does a great job giving me nice, even color. Second, it is one of the only brands I have tried that leaves my hair feeling better than before I colored it. It does not leave my hair dry at all. Third, the color is rich and has dimension. My only complaint (if you could call it that) is that I wish they had more variety of cool tone colors.
Rebecca B.
Newport News, VA
I really liked how easy this was to use. it was quick and simple, and practically mess free. but, before the time was up, I had the dye dripping down my face. that was my only issue. I love the end results. my hair looks fabulous and I'm very happy with my purchase.
Jennifer H.
Maricopa, AZ
This is the best hair coloring product I have every found. I color my hair in red tones. I always have a hard time rinsing clean and then have bleeding for days afterwards. I received John Frieda foam color free in the mail. I was hooked! It did not bleed at all. The color was rich and vibrant. It lasted much longer than any other I have ever used, including at the salon. It is a bit pricier, but I can usually find good coupons on their site. It is worth the price.
Mandi G.
Arab, AL
I live that the foam ensures no spots get missed! I do all my coloring at home and this is one of my favs. There's no dripping and the smell is not too overpowering. It did fade a little faster than I hoped but that's still longer than your average at home color! Also the colors are rich yet able to look completely natural
Jennifer P.
Denver, CO
This is my go-to brand. The foam makes for easy, non-messy application. I've had numerous hair stylists tell me they'd never know I colored from a box. The dark chocolate brown is a near perfect match for me, and it's refreshing to find a dark brown that doesn't have red in it. That's tougher to find than one would think!
Barbara B.
Which is better traditional hair dye or the foam (for long hair), what makes it better??
Alexus R.
Clinton Twp, MI
I have been wanting to try this for awhile. Is it easy to apply? Does it cover your whole head?
Amanda G.
Toledo, OH
For shoulder length, semi thick hair, is one box enough?
Valarie H.
Tulsa, OK
Did John Frieda last long for you? Did anyone else think it was pricey for the amount of product in the bottle?
Shannon M.
Apex, NC
I was wondering if anyone has ever used hair dye for eyebrows. And if so, what brand works best?