BY JOHN FRIEDA® #26 in Permanent Hair Color

Our non-drip foam formula penetrates strands for deep colour saturation and spreads easily into roots and hard-to-reach areas for complete coverage without patchiness. The result—salon-quality colour with 100% grey coverage.

• I have been using this John Frieda, 3VR, for as long as I can rem...1 Answers
  • I have very thick hair and the length goes to about where my bra ...2 Answers
  • How well does this product last? Does it have amonia?2 Answers
John Frieda® Precision Foam Color Permanent Hair Colour
  • "It's very easy to apply and I feel secure that my hair is covered well because you are actually Supposed to rub it in." in 8 reviews
  • "I used this two different times, both with a red dye and red is super hard to maintain but I found it was really easy to use." in 7 reviews
  • "I use it in conjunction with John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette for colored hair and the color lasts a long time and only starts to fade after 2 months." in 6 reviews
  • "First time I used I had shoulder length hair but it is very thick and one box really wasn't quite enough, when using liquid one box is plenty." in 6 reviews
  • "The color is also staying really well in my hair, most reds fade really fast and everywhere and I haven't seen that with this." in 5 reviews
Tara T.
This is the best hair color that you can buy at Walgreens, CVS, Walmart or Rite-aid. It really does give the most even color and the dark brown shades are truly dark brown; they don't go black like a lot of drugstore haircolor. I have bought this multiple times. It also provides nice gray coverage. The smell is also less offensive than other drugstore brands.
Kimberly P.
Cincinnati, OH
Review for: Medium Chestnut Brown 5NBG more...
I've used many different boxed dyes in the past and this one is by far my favorite. It's easy to use and all without the mess! Looks great, even better than some occasions where I've had it professionally done. I usually go with an auburn and the color is vibrant but natural looking. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a change in their look!
Courtney Z.
Loved how easy this is to apply because it's a foam, it took me half as long as a regular boxed color would and it turned out beautifully! It's a little more expensive than some other brands at the drugstore, but totally worth it. Highly recommend!
Barbara H.
New Florence, MO
I really liked this...I tried it when they had promo coupons, so it was super cheap (unlike now). The foam is much easier to deal with than a cream/liquid. Easier to apply where I wanted it to go, and it smelled nice. Also, I normally use two boxes...with this, I really didn't need the 2nd box--I used it to insure I got an even color. Which I did.
Em S.
Birmingham, AL
Review for: Dark Natural Blonde 7N more...
While this hair color isn't for beginners, when applied correctly it is great! It's not too hard once you get the whole foam application down. It is very important to do a deep conditioning treatment after you dye your hair in about 48 hours so the damage is minimal. But the color is beautiful as long as you apply carefully and condition!
Kathy M.
London, Ky
This was the first hair dye that I actually have ever applied myself to my hair. I must admit I was very pleased with the outcome. The product was simple to use and I got the results that I wanted. I would definitely recommend this product.
Amanda Z.
I really love this box color! It is the only box color that I use because the color lasts, application is easy, and the price is right on point. I have longer hair (past the shoulders) so it takes me about two boxes to get a really even color.
Jessica H.
Ontario, CA
My friend fried her hair so bad with this. I was dying of sadness and laugher. First because why in the world would she color her hair from a box. That's just plain unintelligent. Second you should never get hair color in the same place you buy groceries at. Third you never know the chemicals and reaction your hair will get
Suzy R.
Review for: Medium Chestnut Brown 5NBG more...
I have tried a lot of different home hair color products and this one is pretty unique! I didn't know what to expect from the foam. It was very easy to apply, and left me far less fearful of staining my bathroom! Much less mess and drip than other brands. I loved the color - beautifully vibrant and long lasting. This is a new fave!
Deanna W.
Buffalo, NY
I used this color and this brand for months and I loved it. The foam was new to me. I always felt like I was missing parts of my hair but I wasnt! It made it super easy and the color was awesome and lasted a good amount of time!!
Barbara B.
Which is better traditional hair dye or the foam (for long hair), what makes it better??
Alexus R.
Clinton Twp, MI
I have been wanting to try this for awhile. Is it easy to apply? Does it cover your whole head?
Amanda G.
Toledo, OH
For shoulder length, semi thick hair, is one box enough?
Valarie H.
Tulsa, OK
Did John Frieda last long for you? Did anyone else think it was pricey for the amount of product in the bottle?
Shannon M.
Apex, NC
I was wondering if anyone has ever used hair dye for eyebrows. And if so, what brand works best?