BY JOHN FRIEDA® #29 in Permanent Hair Color

Our non-drip foam formula penetrates strands for deep colour saturation and spreads easily into roots and hard-to-reach areas for complete coverage without patchiness. The result—salon-quality colour with 100% grey coverage.

• I have been using this John Frieda, 3VR, for as long as I can rem...1 Answers
  • I have very thick hair and the length goes to about where my bra ...2 Answers
  • How well does this product last? Does it have amonia?2 Answers
John Frieda® Precision Foam Color Permanent Hair Colour
  • "It's very easy to apply and I feel secure that my hair is covered well because you are actually Supposed to rub it in." in 8 reviews
  • "I used this two different times, both with a red dye and red is super hard to maintain but I found it was really easy to use." in 7 reviews
  • "I use it in conjunction with John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette for colored hair and the color lasts a long time and only starts to fade after 2 months." in 6 reviews
  • "First time I used I had shoulder length hair but it is very thick and one box really wasn't quite enough, when using liquid one box is plenty." in 6 reviews
  • "The color is also staying really well in my hair, most reds fade really fast and everywhere and I haven't seen that with this." in 5 reviews
TaylorAric R.
Review for: Radiant Red Light Red 6R, 6R Radiant Red Light Red more...
Whenever I am wanting to dye my hair myself I always choose john Frieda. I have long thick hair therefore I need something that covers well. The foam is great coverage. Easy to apply. Awesome price and usually you can find a coupon for it. The color is always beautiful too.
Alana B.
rehoboth, Ma
I found the foam application so easy to use. It doesn't look like there is much dye in the bottle but you could probably only need one bottle for long hair. (my hair is at my shoulders) I used this over my almost black roots and blonde ends and it made both under colors the same. I usually end up with unmatched color unless i bleach my whole head first. I will be using this product again. It is a little bit more costly compared to other box dyes but the quality, easy application, and the amount, makes up for it.
Jennifer N.
Since trying John Frieda Precision Foam Hair Color for the first time, it's the only brand I've used to dye my hair at home. I love how easy it is to apply (the foam makes for mess-free, easy all-over application) and it covers up my gray hairs for WEEKS! I am a huge fan!
Jessica B.
Grand rapids, Mi
This was the first hair dye I ever applied on my own and I was amazed at how easy it was. The foam was super simple to apply and the color came out beautifully! The extra conditioner they give you lasts a long time if you use it once a week and smells so good! The only areas that the color didn't last on were where my hair had been previously highlighted, which is to be expected.
Jenny H.
Lake Mills, WI
I have very thick hair and coloring my hair myself is a huge pain in the butt. When I would use the liquid color I would drip it everywhere. My bathroom cabinet has brown streaks in the wood from drips. Enter foam hair color, my savior! Now I can color all my hair and not worry about drips and the coverage is great. I love the shine and healthy feel my hair has afternoons too!
Idalis F.
Bonney Lake, WA
I have used many at home hair dyes and this is by far the best one. The smell is nice, it lasts a good while before fading.

The best part of this dye is the even color. With other hair dyes it was extremely patchy! This is very easy to get an even color application :)
Diane M.
This is the Best hair color on the market today ! I have been coloring my hair for over 25 years, I have tried just about every hair color system , clairol, garnier , l'oreal, the one in the red box.
It's easy to use, leaves my hair , well like your hair should feel. Nice . Washed my hair a few days later...
Did not use Conditioner !!! Can you believe it. It's the Only hair color I need !!
Kati K.
John Frieda Precision Foam hair color
4N Dark Natural Brown
I LOVE this hair color! Exact match to my natural hair color, and so easy to apply. Less mess, not a powerful smell compared to other products.
Luz D.
Wow my favorite hair color, the results are jus perfect, love the foam, love conditioner, real gloves that fits me!,, cover grays like any other I use this is professional results at home, and a lot of compliments and question about the shade and the brand I used... Very easy directions, I truly recommend this product. My color was 3VR Deep cherry brown
Tara T.
This is the best hair color that you can buy at Walgreens, CVS, Walmart or Rite-aid. It really does give the most even color and the dark brown shades are truly dark brown; they don't go black like a lot of drugstore haircolor. I have bought this multiple times. It also provides nice gray coverage. The smell is also less offensive than other drugstore brands.
Barbara B.
Which is better traditional hair dye or the foam (for long hair), what makes it better??
Alexus R.
Clinton Twp, MI
I have been wanting to try this for awhile. Is it easy to apply? Does it cover your whole head?
Amanda G.
Toledo, OH
For shoulder length, semi thick hair, is one box enough?
Valarie H.
Tulsa, OK
Did John Frieda last long for you? Did anyone else think it was pricey for the amount of product in the bottle?
Shannon M.
Apex, NC
I was wondering if anyone has ever used hair dye for eyebrows. And if so, what brand works best?