BY JOHN FRIEDA® #29 in Permanent Hair Color

Our non-drip foam formula penetrates strands for deep colour saturation and spreads easily into roots and hard-to-reach areas for complete coverage without patchiness. The result—salon-quality colour with 100% grey coverage.

• I have been using this John Frieda, 3VR, for as long as I can rem...1 Answers
  • I have very thick hair and the length goes to about where my bra ...2 Answers
  • How well does this product last? Does it have amonia?2 Answers
John Frieda® Precision Foam Color Permanent Hair Colour
  • "It's very easy to apply and I feel secure that my hair is covered well because you are actually Supposed to rub it in." in 8 reviews
  • "I used this two different times, both with a red dye and red is super hard to maintain but I found it was really easy to use." in 7 reviews
  • "I use it in conjunction with John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette for colored hair and the color lasts a long time and only starts to fade after 2 months." in 6 reviews
  • "First time I used I had shoulder length hair but it is very thick and one box really wasn't quite enough, when using liquid one box is plenty." in 6 reviews
  • "The color is also staying really well in my hair, most reds fade really fast and everywhere and I haven't seen that with this." in 5 reviews
Shanen S.
I love this product! My go to is 4BG. And I love it. I get compliments at the salon even, and they're suppose to be against box color. I love the foam and how it stays place. Minimal mess and easy clean up. I've tried others but always go back. Best coverage and overall color for sure.
Cathy Z.
Lansing, IL
Love there products. Many store by discontinued the line or many colors. I don't normally use foam, I was afraid it wouldn't cover well. But it did. Nothing interesting about the packaging, basic. I would by again. I've used this or regular Loreal, not foam. This the best foam by far.
Ashley  G.
Anaheim, CA
Love this product! It has been my go-to the past couple of years when I can't make it to the salon. Probably the easiest hair dying kit I have ever used at home and the color always comes out fabulous. Plus the chemical smell is very mild compared other products. Highly recommended!
NANCY M.
GAYLESVILLE, AL
I love John Frieda products, I am always please with the results as well as I know it's a product I can trust and relay on for excellent results. It does not leave my hair dry or damagaed but healthy, shiny and perfect every time. I highly recommend any of the John Frieda product line
Kristen R.
I have been using this hair color for years. It is definitely my favorite. The foam allows for better coverage with no streaks, and I only need one box, whereas with other dyes I would need two to cover all of my hair. Other dyes have made my skin irritated and caused it to break out, but this dye is gentle and does not irritate my skin at all. The color lasts about 4-6 weeks before it needs re-dyed.
April H.
Dayton, OH
Best hair dye! The foam application makes it fool proof, it covers well (even the stubborn coarse white hairs), conditions & leaves hair feeling soft, comes off your skin easily, and one box was enough for my medium length hair. It's a little more expensive than other brands, but definitely worth it!
TaylorAric R.
Review for: Radiant Red Light Red 6R, 6R Radiant Red Light Red more...
Whenever I am wanting to dye my hair myself I always choose john Frieda. I have long thick hair therefore I need something that covers well. The foam is great coverage. Easy to apply. Awesome price and usually you can find a coupon for it. The color is always beautiful too.
Emily L.
Arcadia, CA
My favorite drugstore hair dye !
It's affordable, long lasting, and easy to use. Instead of spending hundreds on a simple color dye, you can simply a color change for under $20. The product comes in several bottles that you mix together and apply as a foam. Just wait 30 minutes and you come out with great results !
Stephanie H.
Barnesville, GA
Literally just used this and it is by far the easiest hair dye (box or beauty supply store) I have ever used! The color came out amazing and extremely close to the estimated color on the box considering I have a portion of multiple times bleached hair, some growth thats been dyed, and virgin growth. I am extremely happy with the results and the fact that it is so easy to use. I will definitely buy this product again and will recommend it to others :D
Liseth S.
I bought this product at ulta as it was recommended by an employee. After reading the instructions I was a little upset that the foam was disappearing. It directs you to add more foam if it disappears. I did so with no avail and thought it wasn't going to work. Once I left it on for a while I could already see the results. It is amazing! My hair absorbed the color and looks very rich.
Barbara B.
Which is better traditional hair dye or the foam (for long hair), what makes it better??
Alexus R.
Clinton Twp, MI
I have been wanting to try this for awhile. Is it easy to apply? Does it cover your whole head?
Amanda G.
Toledo, OH
For shoulder length, semi thick hair, is one box enough?
Valarie H.
Tulsa, OK
Did John Frieda last long for you? Did anyone else think it was pricey for the amount of product in the bottle?
Shannon M.
Apex, NC
I was wondering if anyone has ever used hair dye for eyebrows. And if so, what brand works best?