BY JOHN FRIEDA®

From the John Frieda® Hair Care expert colorists. Our thick, saturating foam helps lock in rich, salon-quality hair color. Non-drip foam formula penetrates strands for deep color saturation and spreads easily into roots and hard-to-reach areas, for complete coverage without patchiness. 100% grey coverage. Nourishing after-color conditioner seals in color for long-lasting, tonal richness.

colorant: Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Decyl Glucoside, Ammonium Bicarbonate, Propylene Glycol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Ethanolamine, Laureth-23, Parfum, Polyquaternium-7, Sodium Sulfite, Alcohol, Ascorbic Acid, Polyquaternium-22, Toluene-2,5-Diamine Sulfate, Myristyl Alcohol, Resorcinol, Potassium Oleate, m-Aminophenol, C11-15 Pareth-9, Tetrasodium EDTA

Developer:  Aqua, Hydrogen Peroxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Etidronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Salicylic Acid, Acetaminophen

After color Conditioner: Water, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Trisiloxane, Cetyl Esters, Dipropylene Glycol, Benzoic Acid, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Quaternium-91, Cetearyl Alcohol, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil

John Frieda® Precision Foam Color Permanent Hair Colour
  • "It's very easy to apply and I feel secure that my hair is covered well because you are actually Supposed to rub it in." in 8 reviews
  • "I used this two different times, both with a red dye and red is super hard to maintain but I found it was really easy to use." in 7 reviews
  • "I use it in conjunction with John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette for colored hair and the color lasts a long time and only starts to fade after 2 months." in 6 reviews
  • "First time I used I had shoulder length hair but it is very thick and one box really wasn't quite enough, when using liquid one box is plenty." in 6 reviews
  • "The color is also staying really well in my hair, most reds fade really fast and everywhere and I haven't seen that with this." in 5 reviews
Jazmin N.
Johnstown, PA
This is one of the absolute best hair color products I've ever used. I typically color my hair in the darkest black possible and that's exactly the result that I get! They have a really good variety of colors, its not a ton of colors but it does offer customers a good selection. I love that it is a foam, its so easy to use and I think I get less stains on my skin using this color product. Its easy to find and a reasonable price, its the only permanent hair color I will use!
Danielle H.
Bossier City, LA
Tried this for the first time yesterday!!! Love, love, LOVE this product. It says easy to use and all over coverage with no spots. It is absolutely right. It cover ALL my hair without leaving spots, there is no harsh smell, it washes clear quick, and the conditioner left hair soft and smelling great. The dye is not harsh on the hair it actually makes it feel healthy and not processed. Took me year but I found my favorite hair dye in this product!!!
Toni R.
Indianapolis, IN
When I don’t have time or the funds to go to the salon, I trust John Frieda! This hair color is not only cheap and easy to use, the color is amazing! I have used all sorts of brown and dark browns with red and they are my absolute favorite! So beautiful and not patchy at all. The foam is super easy to apply.
Bella M.
Corp Christi, TX
Review for: Dark Cool Espresso Brown (4PBN) more...
This is my absolute favorite at home hair dye. The color was rich and vibrant and looked exactly as it said it would. This dye is tad expensive compared to others you can find at Walmart, Walgreens, etc but I only need one box of hair dye for my long, straight hair as opposed to two boxes of others brands such as Garnier, L’Oréal, or even Schwarzkopf because it turns into a foam and covers more area while also saturating it extremely well. I’ve only tried the dark shades so far, but they all have exceeded my expectations and I imagine the light shades would also work very well also!
Margo E.
Morristown
Review for: Dark Cool Espresso Brown (4PBN) more...
Looks and feels like I have been to the salon! This foam is not messy. There’s no comparison this one is my favorite. The color is vibrant. It went above my expectations WOW!! Very easy to use the formula is great. I will continue to purchase, my girls love it too.
Shannon R.
Landing, NJ
My tried and true holy grail at home hair color...love that it's a foam so I never worry about it running down my face or back. I have long hair and 1 box covers..even my Grey's! I get so many compliments on my color too. (3VR) love this...easy to use..no mess. What's not to love about this
Courtney L.
Scenery hill
Review for: Dark Chocolate Brown (4BG) more...
Absolutely love love LOVE this hair dye! It's so easy to use, gets every nook and cranny on your head, not messy, doesn't have that horrible hair dye smell, it's wonderful. The John Frieda brand is absolutely amazing! If I could give more stars I definitely would that's for sure!
Rachael G.
Taylors Falls, MN
Review for: Dark Cool Espresso Brown (4PBN) more...
John Frieda® Precision Foam Color Permanent Hair Colour is my all time favorite at home hair dye. I use this in 3VR (Deep Cherry Brown). It is easy to mix and easy to apply. Great color. Leaves my hair looking healthy.
Elizabeth C.
Madison
Purchased at: ULTA
Review for: Other more...
I just used two boxes of Luminous black, the foam one. I love how the color stays. It is very rich and the colors are true to the box descriptions. I would definitely buy again. John Frieda to me is comparable to a salon brand. The only thing about the foam is it makes a little mess like shampooing. So be prepared if you do it yourself and don’t forget to apply heavy lotion around your face and neck so that it would be easy to rinse the stain.
Madison. W.
Orange Park
This stuff is awesome. I used to color my hair every two weeks religiously but with this I can sometimes get up to the month mark. It matches my roots so well, I just live in a sunny place so my hair lightens very quickly. It doesn’t leave your hair feeling damaged and it feels as you would after leaving a salon. It’s so easy to apply and the foam helps to get every strand without getting it all over your face...or countertops.
Barbara B.
Which is better traditional hair dye or the foam (for long hair), what makes it better??
Alexus R.
Clinton Twp, MI
I have been wanting to try this for awhile. Is it easy to apply? Does it cover your whole head?
Amanda G.
Toledo, OH
For shoulder length, semi thick hair, is one box enough?
Valarie H.
Tulsa, OK
Did John Frieda last long for you? Did anyone else think it was pricey for the amount of product in the bottle?
Shannon M.
Apex, NC
I was wondering if anyone has ever used hair dye for eyebrows. And if so, what brand works best?