27 colors available

BY JOHN FRIEDA® #61 in Hair Color

Our non-drip foam formula penetrates strands for deep colour saturation and spreads easily into roots and hard-to-reach areas for complete coverage without patchiness. The result—salon-quality colour with 100% grey coverage.

• I have been using this John Frieda, 3VR, for as long as I can remem...1 Answers
  • I've looking for a really good permanent hair color, is this one go...2 Answers
  • How well does this work over previously colored curly hair?1 Answers
John Frieda® Precision Foam Color Permanent Hair Colour
  • "It's very easy to apply and I feel secure that my hair is covered well because you are actually Supposed to rub it in." in 8 reviews
  • "I used this two different times, both with a red dye and red is super hard to maintain but I found it was really easy to use." in 7 reviews
  • "First time I used I had shoulder length hair but it is very thick and one box really wasn't quite enough, when using liquid one box is plenty." in 6 reviews
  • "I use it in conjunction with John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette for colored hair and the color lasts a long time and only starts to fade after 2 months." in 6 reviews
  • "The color is also staying really well in my hair, most reds fade really fast and everywhere and I haven't seen that with this." in 5 reviews
Nicole C.
Nicole C.
Arden, NC
I recently have decided to grow my hair out and leave it it's natural color, so I picked this up from my local Walmart to try it out because I've seen a lot of good reviews. I was kind of skeptical when I opened it because it doesn't look like a whole lot of product and I have shorthair and still wasn't sure it would cover my whole head. Turns out this product is amazing I had my whole head covered before I used a quarter of the product the directions say that even if you have shorthair to use three quarters of the bottle so I did I left it on my hair for 25 minutes and my hair came out the most beautiful shade of dark brown almost identical to my natural hair color my hair is soft shiny and looks beautiful. This product doesn't drip and it doesn't have a strong harsh smell compared to other dyes I've used.
Marie M.
Marie M.
Cameron, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
This stuff worked way better then I had expected as far as the reason I got it. I was looking for something that would cut back on any mess potential since I was doing my hair at my mother in laws that day and she keeps an immaculate bathroom! Let me tell you this stuff made dying my hair so much easier than any other boxed dye I have ever used. It was so easy to apply and get every strand because of the foam and there was literally no drip! Plus the package came with color locking serum and enough conditioner to last me a week! The color was really vibrant after i dyed it but I went to the beach and got in the ocean about a week or 2 later and after that it seemed to fade pretty quickly but I don't know if that was from the harsh salt content in the ocean water!
stephanie f.
stephanie f.
Lexington, SC
I have used the John Freida Light Blonde Foam Mousse twice now. What I like about this product most is the fact is that it is nearly fool proof in terms of application. I also like that it is not as messy as the regular dye. The foam makes it a lot easier to tell where you have applied on your hair for all over application at or near the roots. The results are closer to authentic looking salon color that people compliment you on. The price point is reasonable. The color doesn't fade quickly. The only con that I can see over L'oreal's foam product is that L'oreal 's foam product comes in a reusable can. That is a brilliant idea, no waste, and is reusable!
Kelsie G.
Kelsie G.
Austin, TX
This product worked well, but did not come out the color expected so I am a little disappointed. My hair was a light brown and I dyed it a dark brown but it only came out to be a slightly darker brown than it was before. Maybe my fault, but the color indicated on the box was a little misleading. That being said, I didn't have any problems with patches because of the foam. My hair did feel gunky the day after I dyed it, but that's only temporary. Overall, I think it's good if you know you have problems with missing spots, but if you are good about applying hair dye evenly then save your money.
Chris N.
Chris N.
Escanaba, MI
John Frieda is the best out there for coloring your own hair. so easy to use and the color turns out so beautiful and does not dry out your hair like other, cheaper brands do. I highly recommend John Frieda, the after conditioner is awesome.. just wish the stores around here carried more of the colors. the mousse that you use to apply it is wonderful so it is easy to apply yourself with no help from anyone.. great product for sure and worth the price anyday
Cam D.
Cam D.
Rowland Hghts, CA
I love using this because it doesn't leave a mess and it's easy to apply. The color lasts long and it hides my gray hairs, but I have to be really careful about applying it. If I don't saturate my grays enough, it doesn't fully cover the grays. The chemical smell lasts about a day or two also. My hair always feels soft after I dye my hair using this so it doesn't feel like I am damaging my hair that much.
Andrea S.
Andrea S.
South Bend, IN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this hair dye! I am naturally blonde but I wanted a big change so I used this dark red color. It was my first time dying my hair and it went great. Instructions were clear and application was very easy. My hair looks healthy too! I've had so many people ask what salon I went to and how much I paid to get it done. Everyone was shocked to hear it came from a box! I will keep using this!
Liseth S.
Liseth S.
I bought this product at ulta as it was recommended by an employee. After reading the instructions I was a little upset that the foam was disappearing. It directs you to add more foam if it disappears. I did so with no avail and thought it wasn't going to work. Once I left it on for a while I could already see the results. It is amazing! My hair absorbed the color and looks very rich.
Terri S.
Terri S.
This is the best hair color I've ever used. I am very mixed racially and by nationality so my hair type is quite different. It is fine, but very thick. I have a slight wave but not enough for it to curl naturally. So to manage it easily, I straighten it chemically. I like John Frieda because it covers very well and leaves my hair extremely soft. It is VERY easy to apply.
Jessica H.
Jessica H.
Ontario , CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
My friend fried her hair so bad with this. I was dying of sadness and laugher. First because why in the world would she color her hair from a box. That's just plain unintelligent. Second you should never get hair color in the same place you buy groceries at. Third you never know the chemicals and reaction your hair will get
Barbara B.
Barbara B.
Which is better traditional hair dye or the foam (for long hair), what makes it better??
Alexus R.
Alexus R.
St Clr Shores, MI
I have been wanting to try this for awhile. Is it easy to apply? Does it cover your whole head?
Amanda G.
Amanda G.
Toledo, OH
For shoulder length, semi thick hair, is one box enough?
heather m.
heather m.
Hastings, MI
I want to know if you have used this product, and if so was the color close to what it shows on the box? Also did it leave hair really dry afterwards?
Valarie H.
Valarie H.
Tulsa, OK
Did John Frieda last long for you? Did anyone else think it was pricey for the amount of product in the bottle?