BY JOHN FRIEDA®

From the John Frieda® Hair Care expert colorists. Our thick, saturating foam helps lock in rich, salon-quality hair color. Non-drip foam formula penetrates strands for deep color saturation and spreads easily into roots and hard-to-reach areas, for complete coverage without patchiness. 100% grey coverage. Nourishing after-color conditioner seals in color for long-lasting, tonal richness.

colorant: Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Decyl Glucoside, Ammonium Bicarbonate, Propylene Glycol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Ethanolamine, Laureth-23, Parfum, Polyquaternium-7, Sodium Sulfite, Alcohol, Ascorbic Acid, Polyquaternium-22, Toluene-2,5-Diamine Sulfate, Myristyl Alcohol, Resorcinol, Potassium Oleate, m-Aminophenol, C11-15 Pareth-9, Tetrasodium EDTA

Developer:  Aqua, Hydrogen Peroxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Etidronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Salicylic Acid, Acetaminophen

After color Conditioner: Water, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Trisiloxane, Cetyl Esters, Dipropylene Glycol, Benzoic Acid, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Quaternium-91, Cetearyl Alcohol, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil

• I have been using this John Frieda, 3VR, for as long as I...1 Answers
  • I have very thick hair and the length goes to about where...2 Answers
  • How well does this product last? Does it have amonia?2 Answers
John Frieda® Precision Foam Color Permanent Hair Colour
  • "It's very easy to apply and I feel secure that my hair is covered well because you are actually Supposed to rub it in." in 8 reviews
  • "I used this two different times, both with a red dye and red is super hard to maintain but I found it was really easy to use." in 7 reviews
  • "I use it in conjunction with John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette for colored hair and the color lasts a long time and only starts to fade after 2 months." in 6 reviews
  • "First time I used I had shoulder length hair but it is very thick and one box really wasn't quite enough, when using liquid one box is plenty." in 6 reviews
  • "The color is also staying really well in my hair, most reds fade really fast and everywhere and I haven't seen that with this." in 5 reviews
Jazmin N.
Johnstown, PA
This is one of the absolute best hair color products I've ever used. I typically color my hair in the darkest black possible and that's exactly the result that I get! They have a really good variety of colors, its not a ton of colors but it does offer customers a good selection. I love that it is a foam, its so easy to use and I think I get less stains on my skin using this color product. Its easy to find and a reasonable price, its the only permanent hair color I will use!
Danielle H.
Bossier City, LA
Tried this for the first time yesterday!!! Love, love, LOVE this product. It says easy to use and all over coverage with no spots. It is absolutely right. It cover ALL my hair without leaving spots, there is no harsh smell, it washes clear quick, and the conditioner left hair soft and smelling great. The dye is not harsh on the hair it actually makes it feel healthy and not processed. Took me year but I found my favorite hair dye in this product!!!
Toni R.
Indianapolis, IN
Review for: Fiery Copper Sands 7CC more...
When I don’t have time or the funds to go to the salon, I trust John Frieda! This hair color is not only cheap and easy to use, the color is amazing! I have used all sorts of brown and dark browns with red and they are my absolute favorite! So beautiful and not patchy at all. The foam is super easy to apply.
Bella M.
Corp Christi, TX
Review for: Dark Cool Espresso Brown (4PBN) more...
This is my absolute favorite at home hair dye. The color was rich and vibrant and looked exactly as it said it would. This dye is tad expensive compared to others you can find at Walmart, Walgreens, etc but I only need one box of hair dye for my long, straight hair as opposed to two boxes of others brands such as Garnier, L’Oréal, or even Schwarzkopf because it turns into a foam and covers more area while also saturating it extremely well. I’ve only tried the dark shades so far, but they all have exceeded my expectations and I imagine the light shades would also work very well also!
Margo E.
Morristown
Review for: Dark Cool Espresso Brown (4PBN) more...
Looks and feels like I have been to the salon! This foam is not messy. There’s no comparison this one is my favorite. The color is vibrant. It went above my expectations WOW!! Very easy to use the formula is great. I will continue to purchase, my girls love it too.
Shannon R.
Landing, NJ
Review for: Fiery Copper Sands 7CC more...
My tried and true holy grail at home hair color...love that it's a foam so I never worry about it running down my face or back. I have long hair and 1 box covers..even my Grey's! I get so many compliments on my color too. (3VR) love this...easy to use..no mess. What's not to love about this
Courtney L.
Scenery hill
Review for: Dark Chocolate Brown (4BG) more...
Absolutely love love LOVE this hair dye! It's so easy to use, gets every nook and cranny on your head, not messy, doesn't have that horrible hair dye smell, it's wonderful. The John Frieda brand is absolutely amazing! If I could give more stars I definitely would that's for sure!
victoria f.
Review for: Dark Chocolate Brown (4BG) more...
I recently used this hair dye. Good things: the color is pretty, my hair was shiny for a few days after, it was easy to apply. The problem is that my roots were lighter than the rest of my hair once I was finished. It wasn't very noticeable to others, but I obviously could tell. I will say I didn't follow the directions on how to apply the color to the hair according to the type of method you needed (example: total color, or regrowth). For reference I had dark brown hair with grown out roots that are light brown. I will probably continue using this product and see if it works out better next time.
Rachael G.
Taylors Falls, MN
Review for: Dark Cool Espresso Brown (4PBN) more...
John Frieda® Precision Foam Color Permanent Hair Colour is my all time favorite at home hair dye. I use this in 3VR (Deep Cherry Brown). It is easy to mix and easy to apply. Great color. Leaves my hair looking healthy.
Erica L.
Davie, FL
When I can't go to a salon, I love using this box color. It is so easy to use and has great results. It last a little over a month for me and it leaves my hair feeling smooth. I would recommend to others.
Barbara B.
Which is better traditional hair dye or the foam (for long hair), what makes it better??
Alexus R.
Clinton Twp, MI
I have been wanting to try this for awhile. Is it easy to apply? Does it cover your whole head?
Amanda G.
Toledo, OH
For shoulder length, semi thick hair, is one box enough?
Valarie H.
Tulsa, OK
Did John Frieda last long for you? Did anyone else think it was pricey for the amount of product in the bottle?
Shannon M.
Apex, NC
I was wondering if anyone has ever used hair dye for eyebrows. And if so, what brand works best?