BY JOHN FRIEDA® #26 in Permanent Hair Color

Our non-drip foam formula penetrates strands for deep colour saturation and spreads easily into roots and hard-to-reach areas for complete coverage without patchiness. The result—salon-quality colour with 100% grey coverage.

• I have been using this John Frieda, 3VR, for as long as I can rem...1 Answers
  • I have very thick hair and the length goes to about where my bra ...2 Answers
  • How well does this product last? Does it have amonia?2 Answers
John Frieda® Precision Foam Color Permanent Hair Colour
  • "It's very easy to apply and I feel secure that my hair is covered well because you are actually Supposed to rub it in." in 8 reviews
  • "I used this two different times, both with a red dye and red is super hard to maintain but I found it was really easy to use." in 7 reviews
  • "I use it in conjunction with John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette for colored hair and the color lasts a long time and only starts to fade after 2 months." in 6 reviews
  • "First time I used I had shoulder length hair but it is very thick and one box really wasn't quite enough, when using liquid one box is plenty." in 6 reviews
  • "The color is also staying really well in my hair, most reds fade really fast and everywhere and I haven't seen that with this." in 5 reviews
Jazmin N.
Johnstown, PA
This is one of the absolute best hair color products I've ever used. I typically color my hair in the darkest black possible and that's exactly the result that I get! They have a really good variety of colors, its not a ton of colors but it does offer customers a good selection. I love that it is a foam, its so easy to use and I think I get less stains on my skin using this color product. Its easy to find and a reasonable price, its the only permanent hair color I will use!
Rose S.
Hands down the easiest and mess free hair color out there!  I love the foaming applicator.  It makes it so easy to apply without the dripping and mess.  The color payoff was beautiful.  It did a great job of covering my grays.  I will forever be a customer of this and will only use this brand when I color my hair at home.
victoria f.
Review for: Dark Chocolate Brown (4BG) more...
I recently used this hair dye. Good things: the color is pretty, my hair was shiny for a few days after, it was easy to apply. The problem is that my roots were lighter than the rest of my hair once I was finished. It wasn't very noticeable to others, but I obviously could tell. I will say I didn't follow the directions on how to apply the color to the hair according to the type of method you needed (example: total color, or regrowth). For reference I had dark brown hair with grown out roots that are light brown. I will probably continue using this product and see if it works out better next time.
Kimberly J.
Lansing, MI
Review for: Deep Cherry Brown (3VR) more...
I love this hair dye. I believe their scaling back distribution but I will follow it to the cave where Voldemort hid a horcrux because it is that good.

Simple to use. I love the final look. I think it fades beautifully, people are always telling me they love that I change up my hair but in reality it's just how the color fades.
Erica L.
Davie, FL
When I can't go to a salon, I love using this box color. It is so easy to use and has great results. It last a little over a month for me and it leaves my hair feeling smooth. I would recommend to others.
Jessica K.
Review for: Dark Red Brown (4R) more...
I love John Freida hair color. It's one of the boxed dyes I actually use. I went from a dark brown to a very vibrant red color this past Thursday. Minimal bleed on the red when I was my hair. It's a better product if you are using boxed dye to go red. It was $12. Well worth the money. I would recommend this product to other at home colorists.
Shayna K.
Lincoln, CA
Review for: Deep Cherry Brown (3VR) more...
Love this hair dye! I usually use a cheaper brand, but this one is amazing and I don’t think I’ll use anything else. The box promised no patches, and it came through. The thick foam made it easy to apply and get really good application all over. It is a strong smell but I didn’t expect different. My hair is all nicely colored, no patches and so far no loss of color yet. Love it!
Allison V.
Tyler, TX
Review for: Light Natural Brown (6N) more...
I remember trying this for the first time back in January. I wanted a lighter brown color for my hair. I had heard great things about this hair dye from Nicole G. on YouTube. I had never heard of a foam hair dye before and she claimed it was mess free too. So I went out and bought it. It was a little more than $10, but affordable in my opinion. I got Light Natural Brown - 6N to use on my level 3 (dark brown) hair. The instructions were easy to follow and the pump was easy to manage. After I applied it I left it on for about 35 minutes and then rinsed and conditioned it as instructed. After showering I couldn’t tell if it had done anything to my hair. The next day I did notice a difference. It had lifted my hair, but nothing too dramatic. I really liked it. It lasted a little over 4 months for me and I did repurchase and retouch back in June. The only downside is that it dried out my hair. I’ve let it grow out since June and can now see the huge level change. It definitely did go from a level 3 to level 5-6. *Advice from a certified cosmetologist: Don’t always assume you will get the color on the front side of the box. The color you get will vary depending whether you have already colored or virgin hair. Also, I recommend box color for those who like low maintenance hair colors without having to go to a salon every few weeks. Before buying/using box color, read reviews on brands. Not every brand is the same or claims to do what it says on the box. Personal testimonials are always a great way to go. However if you want to be blonde but currently have black hair, then box color wouldn’t be something I recommend for you. I would say to see a licensed professional for that. I know box color is a very touchy subject for lots of stylist, but I love testing out products and hope to have helped with the little advice I was able to offer.
dana% L.
South San Diego
Review for: Deep Cherry Brown (3VR) more...
Me encanta usar este producto es fácil de usar y no gastamos mucho y no estamos tanto en el salón de belleza lo podemos aplicar nuestra casa y es fácil y sus colores están muy hermosos lo recomiendo que lo prueben y lo compre
Nicole C.
Arden, NC
I recently have decided to grow my hair out and leave it it's natural color, so I picked this up from my local Walmart to try it out because I've seen a lot of good reviews. I was kind of skeptical when I opened it because it doesn't look like a whole lot of product and I have shorthair and still wasn't sure it would cover my whole head. Turns out this product is amazing I had my whole head covered before I used a quarter of the product the directions say that even if you have shorthair to use three quarters of the bottle so I did I left it on my hair for 25 minutes and my hair came out the most beautiful shade of dark brown almost identical to my natural hair color my hair is soft shiny and looks beautiful. This product doesn't drip and it doesn't have a strong harsh smell compared to other dyes I've used.
Barbara B.
Which is better traditional hair dye or the foam (for long hair), what makes it better??
Alexus R.
Clinton Twp, MI
I have been wanting to try this for awhile. Is it easy to apply? Does it cover your whole head?
Amanda G.
Toledo, OH
For shoulder length, semi thick hair, is one box enough?
Valarie H.
Tulsa, OK
Did John Frieda last long for you? Did anyone else think it was pricey for the amount of product in the bottle?
Shannon M.
Apex, NC
I was wondering if anyone has ever used hair dye for eyebrows. And if so, what brand works best?