BY JOHN FRIEDA® #50 in Permanent Hair Color

From the John Frieda® Hair Care expert colorists. Our thick, saturating foam helps lock in rich, salon-quality hair color. Non-drip foam formula penetrates strands for deep color saturation and spreads easily into roots and hard-to-reach areas, for complete coverage without patchiness. 100% grey coverage. Nourishing after-color conditioner seals in color for long-lasting, tonal richness.

colorant: Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Decyl Glucoside, Ammonium Bicarbonate, Propylene Glycol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Ethanolamine, Laureth-23, Parfum, Polyquaternium-7, Sodium Sulfite, Alcohol, Ascorbic Acid, Polyquaternium-22, Toluene-2,5-Diamine Sulfate, Myristyl Alcohol, Resorcinol, Potassium Oleate, m-Aminophenol, C11-15 Pareth-9, Tetrasodium EDTA

Developer:  Aqua, Hydrogen Peroxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Etidronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Salicylic Acid, Acetaminophen

After color Conditioner: Water, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Trisiloxane, Cetyl Esters, Dipropylene Glycol, Benzoic Acid, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Quaternium-91, Cetearyl Alcohol, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil

• I have been using this John Frieda, 3VR, for as long as I...1 Answers
  • I have very thick hair and the length goes to about where...2 Answers
  • How well does this product last? Does it have amonia?2 Answers
John Frieda® Precision Foam Color Permanent Hair Colour
  • "It's very easy to apply and I feel secure that my hair is covered well because you are actually Supposed to rub it in." in 8 reviews
  • "I used this two different times, both with a red dye and red is super hard to maintain but I found it was really easy to use." in 7 reviews
  • "I use it in conjunction with John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette for colored hair and the color lasts a long time and only starts to fade after 2 months." in 6 reviews
  • "First time I used I had shoulder length hair but it is very thick and one box really wasn't quite enough, when using liquid one box is plenty." in 6 reviews
  • "The color is also staying really well in my hair, most reds fade really fast and everywhere and I haven't seen that with this." in 5 reviews
Jazmin N.
Johnstown, PA
This is one of the absolute best hair color products I've ever used. I typically color my hair in the darkest black possible and that's exactly the result that I get! They have a really good variety of colors, its not a ton of colors but it does offer customers a good selection. I love that it is a foam, its so easy to use and I think I get less stains on my skin using this color product. Its easy to find and a reasonable price, its the only permanent hair color I will use!
Danielle H.
Bossier City, LA
Tried this for the first time yesterday!!! Love, love, LOVE this product. It says easy to use and all over coverage with no spots. It is absolutely right. It cover ALL my hair without leaving spots, there is no harsh smell, it washes clear quick, and the conditioner left hair soft and smelling great. The dye is not harsh on the hair it actually makes it feel healthy and not processed. Took me year but I found my favorite hair dye in this product!!!
Paula T.
Pratt, WV
I bought this at ULTA. For 20 years I have not been able to keep red dye in my hair for more than a few days until I bought this brand. The red stayed in for 2 months. I have since tried to remove the dye with hair dye remover with no luck so I have had to let it grow out to get rid of the red. I love this hair dye because it does stay in so well. I highly recommend this product to anyone who has issues with keeping color in place.
Elissa P.
GILBERT, AZ
Review for: Dark Cool Espresso Brown (4PBN) more...
This is the only stuff I will use anymore. The foam is revolutionary. No matter how hard I tried with normal dyes I always ended up with a missed spot or two and I've been dying my own hair for 15 years. Thw foam is so easy to use and fool proof. Covera EVERY strand with minimal effort. Also less of a mess for clean up.
Toni R.
Monon, IN
Review for: Fiery Copper Sands 7CC more...
When I don’t have time or the funds to go to the salon, I trust John Frieda! This hair color is not only cheap and easy to use, the color is amazing! I have used all sorts of brown and dark browns with red and they are my absolute favorite! So beautiful and not patchy at all. The foam is super easy to apply.
Bella M.
corpus christi
Review for: Dark Cool Espresso Brown (4PBN) more...
This is my absolute favorite at home hair dye. The color was rich and vibrant and looked exactly as it said it would. This dye is tad expensive compared to others you can find at Walmart, Walgreens, etc but I only need one box of hair dye for my long, straight hair as opposed to two boxes of others brands such as Garnier, L’Oréal, or even Schwarzkopf because it turns into a foam and covers more area while also saturating it extremely well. I’ve only tried the dark shades so far, but they all have exceeded my expectations and I imagine the light shades would also work very well also!
Natasha P.
Review for: Fiery Copper Sands 7CC more...
This hair dye was the easiest product I've ever used to color my own hair. I had used the copper red over my dark brown hair and it gave a very lovely look. If I ever dye my own hair again, I will be using this brand. Nothing compares with application and color for at home dyes!
Margo E.
Review for: Dark Cool Espresso Brown (4PBN) more...
Looks and feels like I have been to the salon! This foam is not messy. There’s no comparison this one is my favorite. The color is vibrant. It went above my expectations WOW!! Very easy to use the formula is great. I will continue to purchase, my girls love it too.
Jenny C.
Combs, KY
This Precision Foam is the ABSOLUTE BEST I have ever used. Since using this hair color, I have never switched to another brand. The foam coloring soaks in to the scalp and the rest of the hair And completely submerses my hair in foam coloring. I have never used another brand as good as this. Highly recommended.
Shannon R.
Landing, NJ
Review for: Fiery Copper Sands 7CC more...
My tried and true holy grail at home hair color...love that it's a foam so I never worry about it running down my face or back. I have long hair and 1 box covers..even my Grey's! I get so many compliments on my color too. (3VR) love this...easy to use..no mess. What's not to love about this
Barbara B.
Which is better traditional hair dye or the foam (for long hair), what makes it better??
Alexus R.
Clinton Twp, MI
I have been wanting to try this for awhile. Is it easy to apply? Does it cover your whole head?
Amanda G.
Toledo, OH
For shoulder length, semi thick hair, is one box enough?
Valarie H.
Tulsa, OK
Did John Frieda last long for you? Did anyone else think it was pricey for the amount of product in the bottle?
Shannon M.
Apex, NC
I was wondering if anyone has ever used hair dye for eyebrows. And if so, what brand works best?